Miami lands QB Cam Ward after weeks of pursuit

View as article
Advertisement
Not sure that it went down exactly like that. More like they never stopped recruiting Cam and he finally succumbed. Tualia was done only IF they got a waiver but there was acknowledged risk on that happening.
Ward had nothing to do with what their “ intentions were”. They wanted to come to Miami and had been in contact with UM for a good minute. They knew they were the backup plan. Earlier today i said this weekend would be the make or break with Ward then it’ll be all in on Taullia.

Last edited:
Advertisement
@Suhrthing came up with troll mopes. That works.

As for the awards, while I didn’t vote for you in the Slurper category, Cway and you are having a Michael Jackson Grammies type run this season.

View attachment 278659

I understand. And I hope that you know that my "Awards Committee is as bad as the CFP Committee" thing is just a work.

All in good fun. I'm gonna put my trophies in my bathroom.

Advertisement
I understand. And I hope that you know that my "Awards Committee is as bad as the CFP Committee" thing is just a work.

All in good fun. I'm gonna put my trophies in my bathroom.

Man I’d be happy to be like Susan Lucci and get a couple runner-ups…..I’m waiting for an old guy category who has had the most knee surgeries to make my appearance ..😜

The Cam Ward sweepstakes appears to finally be over in a result that is quite shocking after weeks of pursuit — Miami has their quarterback for the 2024 season.

After Miami hosted Ward in early December for a visit, things were trending in the Canes’ favor to land him over the likes of Florida State and the NFL Draft. Ultimately, Ward announced a decision to enter the draft two weeks ago, but never signed with an NFL agent. Despite his announcement and a commitment from Albany QB Reese Poffenbarger, Miami’s staff quietly and persistently pursued Ward over the last two weeks. And the end result is Ward pulling his name out of draft talks and enrolling at Miami this week.

The Miami quarterback room now has Ward, Poffenbarger, Jacurri Brown, Emory Williams, and incoming freshman Judd Anderson.
Finally a full Qb Room. Every age level. I love it.

Just wild if that was the leverage that we needed to get Ward to finally pull the trigger.
I’ve been clear for a month I didn’t buy the NFL stuff, it made zero sense. Even when he entered the draft I had doubts. I was told there was multiple reasons he put his name in .Heres some some posts from Jan3

Attachments

• IMG_2625.png
    IMG_2625.png
    406.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2624.png
    IMG_2624.png
    550.1 KB · Views: 0
Advertisement
I was feeling pretty good about the Ward commitment and was gonna spring for a room for ST 26 and TOC then CWAY jumped into the fray and i couldn’t afford a suite for the 3 or them so I just had to let it just go on and on and on and…well you know

I'll pay the diff on the suite, and then smash those soft cway/ST26 skulls together...

I’ve been clear for a month I didn’t buy the NFL stuff, it made zero sense. Even when he entered the draft I had doubts. I was told there was multiple reasons he put his name in .Heres some some posts from Jan3

I really didn't believe the quotes coming out today that he had a 2 or 3rd round grade either.

Advertisement
No inside info. Just a gut feeling. The guy had to be convinced to play the bowl game. He was on his way out. If he was as patient as we hope, he would not have been thinking that way. But he wants to go play somewhere. And now he knows for sure he’s not playing next year.

Sir, Jacurri has known he was unlikely to be the starter for weeks. BEFORE he announced he was coming back. He loves being at UM and he knows he was not prepared in HS as well as he coulda/shoulda been.

He's fine with not playing much in 2024 and just wants a full shot in 2025. He doesn't have a "starter guarantee" anywhere elese anyhow.

Sir, Jacurri has known he was unlikely to be the starter for weeks. BEFORE he announced he was coming back. He loves being at UM and he knows he was not prepared in HS as well as he coulda/shoulda been.

He's fine with not playing much in 2024 and just wants a full shot in 2025. He doesn't have a "starter guarantee" anywhere elese anyhow.
That dude gone bruh he won’t win the job in 25 with Luke and Poff on the team imo. He better off transferring and I wouldn’t blame him. To me he’s not better than those two based off film

Advertisement
Back