Miami lands QB Cam Ward after weeks of pursuit

View as article
****. Kinda feel bad for the kid now.

Anyways. Let’s go Canes!
Russell Crowe Gladiator GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
In '25, Poff will have an opportunity to play behind 2 potential first round OTs (Pancake and Francis) plus a potential all conference OG (Cooper) , and with a young core of legit WRs, TEs, and RBs.

That's better than an other offer he had and I really understated what our potential OL could look like.

Where else will he have an opportunity to play with legit talent and learn from another former FCS QB, who has made the leap that Poff hopes to himself.

Advertisement
Big props to Mario for getting Ward and stabilizing the QB room.

Mario has always been a very good recruiter. However, his gameday management skills and conservative nature on offense leaves much to be desired.

Advertisement
The Cam Ward sweepstakes appears to finally be over in a result that is quite shocking after weeks of pursuit — Miami has their quarterback for the 2024 season.

After Miami hosted Ward in early December for a visit, things were trending in the Canes’ favor to land him over the likes of Florida State and the NFL Draft. Ultimately, Ward announced a decision to enter the draft two weeks ago, but never signed with an NFL agent. Despite his announcement and a commitment from Albany QB Reese Poffenbarger, Miami’s staff quietly and persistently pursued Ward over the last two weeks. And the end result is Ward pulling his name out of draft talks and enrolling at Miami this week.

The Miami quarterback room now has Ward, Poffenbarger, Jacurri Brown, Emory Williams, and incoming freshman Judd Anderson.
HUGE

Advertisement
I was at a birthday party for my mom any myself and I STILL let out an audible shout when the ESPN alert came on my phone lol…

Go Canes!!

Advertisement
Recruiting in this day and age is wild, that's for sure.

Let's hope the offensive coaching staff can learn how to game plan, prepare for a defense, call plays, and make successful changes in game.

Players don't matter if those things are as bad as they've been.

Advertisement
Back