miami kids

When Al Golden stops trying to turn UM into the Penn St of Florida than more of these kids will want to stay home and forgo the Bag Man. But that requires a slight shift in AG's team philosophy also he needs to be willing to run up the score on teams in order to get the 3rd stringers some playing time. An also be more aggressive on defense these kid wants to play an attacking scheme not a big ten read and react scheme. We do have alot of S. FLa committed so lets do these kids justice and develop them properly.

Go Canes!

Great post. Totally agree.

The rest of you should stop reading the posters name before you read the post. It's ******' y'all up. lol

Advertisement
Miami does far far more for the community than FSU or UF or Lville does.

Miami had held free football camps give out free tickets to games for youth football, offer a much less expensive football camp option than other schools for a more affordable camp, community service, so that crap about Miami doesn't do stuff for the community is hogwash.

What does Free shoes, UF, or Lville or l&u do
For the community???

Well....free shoes. Poor kids on football scholarship still don't get enough money for their Air Jordans or whatever it is kids wear these days. So, at least FSU's friends contribute...a lot.

At UF...well, free legal assistance and extraordinary due process...you know, get out of jail free card.

Louisville? Who knows? Never know what ol' Hurtt has up his sleeve...but I'm sure it's good for the community. Look what he did for us.

Advertisement
The last time Miami was dominant, these kids were 7-9 years old... Think about that! They don't see THE U in the same light as us who enjoyed and grew to love MIAMI. One thing I'm noticing too, especially with FSU and UL players, is that its now become cool to rep your city away from home. You see Freeman(FSU) throw up the 305, or 503 lol, when he scores. You see Teddy throw up the 305 when he's setting records against UM. I think Pete addressed the issue in his "An underlying issue" thread but we're seeing something that will end up killing the program.

As much as you guys believe these kids are disloyal to 'their city' they seem to throw up the 305 when the cameras are on. Its UM they have a problem with. UM didn't recruit Freeman and Teddy had an issue with UM fans. The thing that really scares me is that issues like this are never easily fixable... Unless a whole new staff takes over...

It does bare mentioning that the fall of UM football coincided with the rise of the SEC. The big money era of college football started when the internet made recruiting easier for schools around the country. Gone are the days of Jimmy or Butch or Pete Garcia have knowledge of a kid in south Florida that no one else knows about until very late in the process. Combine that with Mark Emmert's rule over the NCAA and you can see why any cultural ties between UM and the sough Florida marketplace have been diminished.

It does bare mentioning that the fall of UM football coincided with the rise of the SEC. The big money era of college football started when the internet made recruiting easier for schools around the country. Gone are the days of Jimmy or Butch or Pete Garcia have knowledge of a kid in south Florida that no one else knows about until very late in the process. Combine that with Mark Emmert's rule over the NCAA and you can see why any cultural ties between UM and the sough Florida marketplace have been diminished.

I tell ppl all the time. Great point

Advertisement
Miami can be great again. Have to be extremely aggressive in everything though. Recruiting, training and preparation, play calling on both sides. Media relations.

More important stop trying to turn miami into what it isn't. It's not americas sweetheart school.

What made me love the U was that the players looked and acted like what i was used to seeing. They did and said what everyone was thinking. They were the raiders of college football.

Most important when i see our fan base it is incredibly diverse and that's because the Miami hurricanes of old didnt give a fck if u liked em or not. And everybody loves a villain

Why would somebody be a lock just because theyre from a certain place? If they were 3 inches shorter, a school wouldnt even know their name. Its a business.

Advertisement
I love posts like these.

You fail to mention Skai Moore. Who was out there dominating for South Carolina today as a true freshman. And the kid was pretty much begging for a UM offer.

Maybe its the staff that is the problem, not the kids

I love posts like these.

You fail to mention Skai Moore. Who was out there dominating for South Carolina today as a true freshman. And the kid was pretty much begging for a UM offer.

Or maybe a certain lb recruit from Miami and his staff jerked the miami staff around, and Miami thought they were landing the 5 star talent, instead of having to go after the 3 star kid.

Advertisement
I love posts like these.

Or maybe a certain lb recruit from Miami and his staff jerked the miami staff around, and Miami thought they were landing the 5 star talent, instead of having to go after the 3 star kid.

You're not exactly helping in their defense with that...

You guys know you're ripping on 17 year old high school kids right? At the end of the day our staff works their asses off to land these kids…but it's their choice to make. As long as the coaches do everything they can, I can live with a big time miami kid deciding to go elsewhere.

if jimbo and his staff took over univeristy of miami we would be dynasty

pre-2013 Corch Dumbo Fishnets or 2013 King Jimbo Fisher of the Heisman Winston's?

just so I'm clear which Jimbo Fisher we are talking about - the choker or the one who can do no wrong.

Kid owe the program nothing, the program has to do a better job in the community.

Thats ******* horse ****. How much does Louisville contribute to the south Florida community? You, like many of those kids who leave home, sound like a scorned *****. Miami put south Florida high school football on the map, if it weren't for the U the tri county area wouldn't have every program in the country sending representatives down here.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back