Miami in the Lead for 2016 WR Pinder

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2016 Southridge (Fla.) receiver Freddie Pinder is an underclassmen on his spartans team, however he is treated and acts like a senior leader with his tremendous play and leadership.

“I’ve been working out daily since the summer started and we’ve been doing 7 on 7’s a lot. I just have to make big plays and be a leader for the team because if no one steps up then I might as well step up.”

Pinder has some goals for himself next season and one includes establishing himself as the best receiver in South Florida.

“My goals for next season are to be the #1 receiver in my class and my goal team wise is to play as a family and play for one another and not individuals, just play for each other and help each other out. “

Pinder has garnered offers from some of the top programs in the country already including schools like Miami, Cincinnati, Louisville and Clemson.

“University of Miami, Cincinnati, West Virginia, Louisville, South Carolina and Clemson.”

While it’s early in the process for the 6’5 190 pound receiver, the Hurricanes seem to have the early lead for his services.

“Miami is in the lead because they make me feel at home,they show me the most love ever out of all the other schools. I also like that a former friend of mine, Jamal Carter, he talks about it saying he loves it. I know if he loves it then I’m going to love it.”

The current Hurricane safety, Jamal Carter, has put in quite the word with Pinder and told him all the positives of Miami.

“He tells me everything, he says the foods good and he likes everything about it and he loves it.”

The towering receiver speaks with linebackers coach Michael Barrow and says he feels almost at home with him around.

“He’s a really cool guy, he’s funny and he shows me top respect and he makes me feel like family and there’s a connection.”

The school that trails the Hurricanes is Clemson, mostly because he idolizes Sammy Watkins.

“Sammy Watkins, he broke records as a true freshman and it’s amazing.”

Pinder plans on hitting up a number of schools this summer including a trip to Coral Gables.

“Next month, me and a couple of guys from my team are going to the University of Miami, Auburn, Alabama and USF.”

When it comes to making a choice, feeling comfortable will ultimately decide where Pinder lands.

“I just want a school to make me feel comfortable and like help me out academically. Not only focus on football, but also focus on academic and not just use me.”

Highlights:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0q9_AEYBz0&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement

Got his first offer from us. “I was shocked,” Pinder said. “It felt like a dream. I didn’t expect them to be my first offer. Miami came and visited and offered me.” Said we were his clear leader at that point. “I love the facility and how they do everything and how organized it is there,” Pinder said. “It is beautiful.” Also took a visit to florida, met T-Rob and talked to him, also feels at home there. Wants to hear from OSU, Bama, and Auburn.

Got his first offer from us. “I was shocked,” Pinder said. “It felt like a dream. I didn’t expect them to be my first offer. Miami came and visited and offered me.” Said we were his clear leader at that point. “I love the facility and how they do everything and how organized it is there,” Pinder said. “It is beautiful.” Also took a visit to florida, met T-Rob and talked to him, also feels at home there. Wants to hear from OSU, Bama, and Auburn.

Thank you.

That **** T-Rob can recruit. Every top guy mentions that dudes name. Too bad they are the 4-8 gaytors. Hope this kid joins our new QB.

Advertisement
Miami has their QB, now he needs targets; Dionte Mullins, Sam Bruce, Freddie Pender where you at??? 👀👀👀

Advertisement
She comin'

384.jpg

Miami has their QB, now he needs targets; Dionte Mullins, Sam Bruce, Freddie Pender where you at???

And Darnell salamon, along with Binjimen victor, oh yea and Cavin Ridley... 2016 is loaded lmao. We NEED to captialize plz Golden and Co.! Go canes!

I wonder if he's related to another south Florida great, Cyril Pinder, from Hollywood Attucks High back in the early '60's. I don't live down there, but I don't hear of too many Pinders.

Cyril Pinder wanted to be the first African-American player at UM in the mid-60's, but it didn't work out. He went to Illinois instead.

Advertisement
Got Allison. Need some targets to go with him for 2016! Lot to pick from.

Sam Bruce?
Nate Craig(ATH)?
Michael Irvin Jr.?
Brandon Johnson?
Dymond Lee?
Dionte Mullins(ATH)?
Steven Newbold?
Freddie Pinder?
Cavin Ridley(ATH)?
Darnell Salomon?
Dredrick Snelson?
Binjimen Victor?

Last edited:
I coached this kid in pop warner and know his dad well and can tell you he comes from a good family and is a very respectful kid. I can tell you he is also loyal because he had every private school begging him to come to their school and he said he was part of something special being built at the Ridge.

Advertisement
Back