Miami Hurricanes Roster Composition - Updated to 04/30/22

GojiraCane

All ACC
Following the most recent portal changes, I know have the Hurricane roster standing at 88 scholarship players as of this evening.

Roster trend and breakdown is below:

1651441244581.png

1651441292447.png
1651441328927.png
1651441354970.png

NOTE: Roster numbers refreshed on 5/1/2022

Last edited:
Advertisement
So if the NCAA does not give super seniors a exemption for the 2022 year just when will the Canes have to get down to 85?

So if the NCAA does not give super seniors a exemption for the 2022 year just when will the Canes have to get down to 85?

They have to stay at or below 85 at all times. But lots of inbound kids haven't arrived yet. So that 89 needs to be down to 85 by the time the new group arrives.

I know a lot of people badly want Malik Curtis at receiver but until anything happens officially, as far as a position switch, he needs to be placed back with the db's.

Advertisement
So who is next to leave? Not that many choices.

WR - Redding
QB - Matocha - maybe graduation?
OL - Walker
DT - Haye
LB - Brooks, Huff, Ragone (gets NIL/Podcast deal from Ruiz instead of scholarship maybe?)
DB - Harrell, Washington

WR - Redding
OL - Walker
DT - Haye
LB - Brooks, Huff, Ragone (gets NIL/Podcast deal from Ruiz instead of scholarship maybe?)
DB - Harrell, Washington
Chris Washington?

WR - Redding
OL - Walker
DT - Haye
DB - Harrell, Washington
Walker, Brooks, Ragone, and Harrell would be my best guesses. Haye I highly doubt leaves.

Maybe some NIL deals for some guys to be "preferred walk-ons" to make future room?

Advertisement
Made some adjustments to the stats. Moved Curtis from WR to CB as other poster cited. Added Porter to the roster breakdown. Split defensive backs into corners and safeties (you can really see how thin we were at CB in 2019 and 2020).

Made some adjustments to the stats. Moved Curtis from WR to CB as other poster cited. Added Porter to the roster breakdown. Split defensive backs into corners and safeties (you can really see how thin we were at CB in 2019 and 2020).
pretty sure you didn't list keontra Smith

Advertisement

WR - Redding
OL - Walker
DT - Haye
DB - Harrell, Washington
I would’ve thought Matocha, Huff and Cleveland Reed.

Someone had posted that Tyler Johnson was in the portal but I guess that hasn’t been verified.

Advertisement
Help me understand this.

So, my understanding was the deadline to enter the portal if you wanted to play next season was yesterday. (Right?)

Does that mean that there won't be any big surprises for kids leaving here? And when I say "big surprises," I mean that there won't be any second-stringers or young guys that will leave? So, like, are the only players that might transfer guys that are way out of the rotation?

Does this also mean that our roster is now largely complete and there won't be any more players transferring or portaling here that will contribute next season?

Thanks.

Advertisement
Back