Miami Hurricanes Roster Composition (Isolated to 1st and 2nd Year Players)

GojiraCane

All ACC
I've published these in the past, accounting for all active players in the class. Presently Miami's blue-chip talent level is at its highest ratio since 2007, currently standing at 53% with 48 blue chip players on the roster. That said, I decided to dig a little further and answer the following questions:

- Of that talent pool of blue chip players, how many of those blue chip players each year were first and second year players?
- Of the 1st and 2nd year blue chip players, how big of a group did they comprise against the overall roster?
- Of all 1st and 2nd year players, how big was this contingent against the overall roster?

1633218214145.png

A few interesting pieces.
- 2017 saw one of the most veteran teams in recent Miami history, and it manifested in a 3 loss season after a 10-0 start.
- 2021 has the lowest number of first and second year players on roster since 2007. However at the same time, of the available blue chips this year's pool of first and second year players represents one of the highest ratios. When you get into position groups such as quarterback and wide receiver it is very lopsided, similar to 2008.
- In the blue chip bucket, the 2018, 2019, and 2021 seasons have seen first and second year blue chippers have the highest ratios since the 2007-2009 period

Advertisement
I would love to see a comparison with Alabama and UGA. My argument is that five-stars are the only stars that matter.

Every non-portal five star we get has a mediocre career, outside of duke of course
I don't think our sample size is large enough. A vast majority of them made it to the league. Alabama and UGA are not winning evals of 3 and 4 stars, they're winning with 5-star players.

Advertisement
Back