Miami Hurricanes Boost Their Defense with Transfer Pass Rush Prospect Elijah Alston from Marshall

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Advertisement
I'm confused. Do we have him or does T$A&M?
Gordon Ramsey Idiot GIF

Advertisement
This gonna be the best OL/DL combination for canes in a long long time. Trenches looking good heading into spring.

Just make sure Luis and Rodriguez never see the field again.
Yes and no. Yes I agree with you but this DL class we just brought in is not going to just come in and dominate from the rip. These types of classes are a great sign for the future. The DL is certainly greatly improved from a depth and talent standpoint because of the 2024 HS class. However the immediate dividends will come from the portal acquisitions like Clark, Cook and Alston together with the development of players like Bain, Kelly, Wayne, Horton and Moten plus the return of Mesidor from injury and JHH who will both be in their final year. Young studs like DEs Lightfoot and McConathy who were both EE will make things very interesting as they both have the talent to contribute immediately. Summer arrivals Artavious Jones and Justin Scott are both talented and athletic enough to push for PT in 2024 but will likely need to develop more functional strength to consistently contribute. However both are elite talents at DT so again the future in bright. Elias Rudolph will likely redshirt to allow his shoulder to heal.

Where I'm expecting a significant jump with be on the OL. Francis Mauigoa is entering his sophomore year after starting every game at RT as a true freshman. That experience will prove invaluable and with another off season to add more strength and continue to soak in all the coaching he will receive, I'm expecting a big year. Anez Cooper comes back for his junior year as he continues to develop and accumulate over a year of consecutive starts. He and Mauigoa should be absolute road graders on the right side. Zack Carpenter from Indiana slides into in center position and should provide a seamless transition from Matt Lee. The 6'5" 295 lb senior comes in with plenty of starts under his belt. The left side of the OL could be interesting6yy7 in terms of how the staff decides to play it. LT Jalen Rivers returns as a 5th redshirt junior. Rivers had an excellent 2023 season at LT and the staff could very well keep him there. However, Rivers natural position is at Guard. A fact the NFL scouts reminded him of recently. So with the departure of LG Javion Cohen to the NFL and 2-3 excellent LT prospects in Samson Okunlola, Matt McCoy and Markel Bell, does the staff move Rivers back to LG and let the aforementioned trio battle it out for the LT job? We also have monster talent Tommy Kinsler who can play tackle and guard at 6'6" 340 lb plus Frankie Tinilau and Antonio Tripp fighting for reps. It should be a very interesting Spring. I fully expect Miami to field it's most brutally physical and dominant offensive line since 2001.

Last edited:
Yes and no. Yes I agree with you but this DL class we just brought in is not going to just come in and dominate from the rip. These types of classes are a great sign for the future. The DL is certainly greatly improved from a depth and talent standpoint because of the 2024 HS class. However the immediate dividends will come from the portal acquisitions like Clark, Cook and Alston together with the development of players like Bain, Kelly, Wayne, Horton and Moten plus the return of Mesidor from injury and JHH who will both be in their final year. Young studs like DEs Lightfoot and McConathy who were both EE will make things very interesting as they both have the talent to contribute immediately. Summer arrivals Artavious Jones and Justin Scott are both talented and athletic enough to push for PT in 2024 but will likely need to develop more functional strength to consistently contribute. However both are elite talents at DT so again the future in bright. Elias Rudolph will likely redshirt to allow his shoulder to heal.

Where I'm expecting a significant jump with be on the OL. Francis Mauigoa is entering his sophomore year after starting every game at RT as a true freshman. That experience was invaluable and with another off season to add more strength and continue to soak in all the coaching he will receive, I'm expecting a big year. Anez Cooper comes back for his junior year as he continues to develop and accumulate over a year of consecutive starts. He and Mauigoa should be absolute road graders on the right side. Zack Carpenter from Indiana slides into in center position and should provide a seamless transition from Matt Lee. The 6'5" 295 lb senior comes in with plenty of starts under his belt. The left side of the OL could be interesting in terms of how the staff decides to play it. LT Jalen Rivers returns as a 5th redshirt junior. Rivers had an excellent 2023 season at LT and the staff could very well keep him there. However, Rivers natural position is at Guard. A fact the NFL scouts reminded him of recently. So with the departure of LG Javion Cohen to the NFL and 2-3 excellent LT prospects in Samson Okunlola, Matt McCoy and Markel Bell, does the staff move Rivers back to LG and let the aforementioned trio battle it out for the LT job? We also have monster talent Tommy Kinsler who can play tackle and guard at 6'6" 340 lb plus Frankie Tinilau and Antonio Tripp fighting for reps. It should be a very interesting Spring. I fully expect Miami to field it's most brutally physical and dominant offensive line.

Attachments

• 1705152205706.png
    1705152205706.png
    434.7 KB · Views: 0
Advertisement

Where I'm expecting a significant jump with be on the OL. Francis Mauigoa is entering his sophomore year after starting every game at RT as a true freshman. That experience was invaluable and with another off season to add more strength and continue to soak in all the coaching he will receive, I'm expecting a big year. Anez Cooper comes back for his junior year as he continues to develop and accumulate over a year of consecutive starts. He and Mauigoa should be absolute road graders on the right side. Zack Carpenter from Indiana slides into in center position and should provide a seamless transition from Matt Lee. The 6'5" 295 lb senior comes in with plenty of starts under his belt. The left side of the OL could be interesting in terms of how the staff decides to play it. LT Jalen Rivers returns as a 5th redshirt junior. Rivers had an excellent 2023 season at LT and the staff could very well keep him there. However, Rivers natural position is at Guard. A fact the NFL scouts reminded him of recently. So with the departure of LG Javion Cohen to the NFL and 2-3 excellent LT prospects in Samson Okunlola, Matt McCoy and Markel Bell, does the staff move Rivers back to LG and let the aforementioned trio battle it out for the LT job? We also have monster talent Tommy Kinsler who can play tackle and guard at 6'6" 340 lb plus Frankie Tinilau and Antonio Tripp fighting for reps. It should be a very interesting Spring. I fully expect Miami to field it's most brutally physical and dominant offensive line since 2001.

Carpenter will be a step down from Matt Lee from both a technical and leadership perspective.

I expect the interior of the line to take a step back this season due to the departure of Cohen and Lee.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back