Miami Hurricanes Boost Their Defense with Transfer Pass Rush Prospect Elijah Alston from Marshall

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Advertisement
The Miami Hurricanes just made a significant addition to their roster in Elijah Alston, a standout Rush End/OLB from Marshall. What makes this transfer even more intriguing is Alston's prior connection with Miami's Defensive Coordinator, Lance Guidry, during their time at Marshall.

Here's a closer look at the newest addition to the Hurricanes' defense.
Elijah Alston at a Glance:

• Position: Rush End/OLB
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 255 lbs
  • Class: Redshirt Senior
  • Hometown: Norfolk, VA
Alston brings a wealth of experience and talent to the Miami Hurricanes, having started 20 games during his college career. His impressive statistics include 10 career sacks and 24 tackles for loss (TFL). Additionally, Alston has showcased his versatility with one interception and even a touchdown to his name.
Alston served as the Defensive Captain for Marshall in 2023. The fact that Alston previously played under Guidry at Marshall speaks volumes about the trust and familiarity between player and coach. This connection could prove invaluable in Alston's transition to the Miami Hurricanes, as he already has an understanding of Guidry's defensive strategies and expectations.

Miami's coaching staff is excited about Alston's arrival, citing his exceptional work ethic and relentless motor. They believe that he has the potential to become a double-digit sack player in the upcoming season.
Expect Alston to fill a role similar to what Jahfari Harvey played for the Canes last season.

He was running like the dude in 'Get Out'......IYKYK

Beautiful! Guidry ran out of bodies near the end of the season, and this dude will help tremendously.

We need to be able to get after these ACC QBs and quit making them look like hero’s when they play against us.

Great addition.
This pickup helps Guirdy go back to his 4-2-5 which is what he was running until we lost mesidor and kelly.

Advertisement
Texas ATM thought they had him signed sealed n delivered..but Mario was lurking and Dennis smith was posting

Bill Belichick Binoculars GIF by Barstool Sports

Advertisement
I doubt they keep the younger guys on the bench ...only if they show more than what we've seen already ....or coaches continue to play the seniority game.... (on paper) both are solid depth pieces on a good defense imo...Alston was 3rd team all sunbelt and Clark didn't receive any post season ACC accolades...
Conference accolades are political…doesn’t mean c-h-i-i-t

Two days was enough of the College Station weirdos. And that's coming from West Virginia.
I had a friend that coached at Marshall under Doc Holliday... some of the stories about Huntington WV make it sound like it's a different planet... and I've spent more than half of my life in East Tennessee.

I had a friend that coached at Marshall under Doc Holliday... some of the stories about Huntington WV make it sound like it's a different planet... and I've spent more than half of my life in East Tennessee.
When I was driving through WV, I had to stop at some sketchy bathroom spot. I legit felt like I was in deliverance. And I went to school in the heart of VA. It's a whole different feel in dem woods.

Probably the smartest thing I’ve ever said on here. I honestly didn’t watch his highlights yet.

Well you knew it was somewhere between a Poor Man’s Quincy Roche and a Poor Man’s Jared Verse, so your odds were strong…

Well done

Advertisement
yeah he has never played on a line with a kid like bain.
Yup... And if Bain makes a jump from Fresh to Soph year it will make it that much better. I know we have seen both Messidor and Bain slide inside on third downs on occasion, if we have them 2 on the interior plus this kid and Kelley coming around the edge, that is a lot of speed/strength on the field at once for the DL.

Also allows some of our TF class time to develop and add weight. I like the ceilings of all the DE recruits but I don't see any kid like a Bain that will be ready so early in the season just from a strength/weight standpoint. Let Lightfoot, Booker and Elias all mature on their own time.

Advertisement
Yup... And if Bain makes a jump from Fresh to Soph year it will make it that much better. I know we have seen both Messidor and Bain slide inside on third downs on occasion, if we have them 2 on the interior plus this kid and Kelley coming around the edge, that is a lot of speed/strength on the field at once for the DL.

Also allows some of our TF class time to develop and add weight. I like the ceilings of all the DE recruits but I don't see any kid like a Bain that will be ready so early in the season just from a strength/weight standpoint. Let Lightfoot, Booker and Elias all mature on their own time.
Yea the freshman need time. I think Jayden Wayne can make a jump too.

The Miami Hurricanes just made a significant addition to their roster in Elijah Alston, a standout Rush End/OLB from Marshall. What makes this transfer even more intriguing is Alston's prior connection with Miami's Defensive Coordinator, Lance Guidry, during their time at Marshall.

Here's a closer look at the newest addition to the Hurricanes' defense.
Elijah Alston at a Glance:

• Position: Rush End/OLB
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 255 lbs
  • Class: Redshirt Senior
  • Hometown: Norfolk, VA
Alston brings a wealth of experience and talent to the Miami Hurricanes, having started 20 games during his college career. His impressive statistics include 10 career sacks and 24 tackles for loss (TFL). Additionally, Alston has showcased his versatility with one interception and even a touchdown to his name.
Alston served as the Defensive Captain for Marshall in 2023. The fact that Alston previously played under Guidry at Marshall speaks volumes about the trust and familiarity between player and coach. This connection could prove invaluable in Alston's transition to the Miami Hurricanes, as he already has an understanding of Guidry's defensive strategies and expectations.

Miami's coaching staff is excited about Alston's arrival, citing his exceptional work ethic and relentless motor. They believe that he has the potential to become a double-digit sack player in the upcoming season.
Expect Alston to fill a role similar to what Jahfari Harvey played for the Canes last season.

Hopefully he plays lb a lot we need another bigger body at lb to stop the run . 31 one looked like he was on skates all game vs Rutgers'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back