Miami Hurricanes Boost Their Defense with Transfer Pass Rush Prospect Elijah Alston from Marshall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Beautiful! Guidry ran out of bodies near the end of the season, and this dude will help tremendously.

We need to be able to get after these ACC QBs and quit making them look like hero’s when they play against us.

Great addition.

The Miami Hurricanes just made a significant addition to their roster in Elijah Alston, a standout Rush End/OLB from Marshall. What makes this transfer even more intriguing is Alston's prior connection with Miami's Defensive Coordinator, Lance Guidry, during their time at Marshall.

Here's a closer look at the newest addition to the Hurricanes' defense.
Elijah Alston at a Glance:

• Position: Rush End/OLB
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 255 lbs
  • Class: Redshirt Senior
  • Hometown: Norfolk, VA
Alston brings a wealth of experience and talent to the Miami Hurricanes, having started 20 games during his college career. His impressive statistics include 10 career sacks and 24 tackles for loss (TFL). Additionally, Alston has showcased his versatility with one interception and even a touchdown to his name.
Alston served as the Defensive Captain for Marshall in 2023. The fact that Alston previously played under Guidry at Marshall speaks volumes about the trust and familiarity between player and coach. This connection could prove invaluable in Alston's transition to the Miami Hurricanes, as he already has an understanding of Guidry's defensive strategies and expectations.

Miami's coaching staff is excited about Alston's arrival, citing his exceptional work ethic and relentless motor. They believe that he has the potential to become a double-digit sack player in the upcoming season.
Expect Alston to fill a role similar to what Jahfari Harvey played for the Canes last season.

**** me....here is the reason Guidry has the DE covering the flat 10+ times a game. 1 time a DE made a play and thinks it will work all the time

Advertisement
**** me....here is the reason Guidry has the DE covering the flat 10+ times a game. 1 time a DE made a play and thinks it will work all the time
Orrrr maybe we play a hybrid defense that requires Jack back (not DE) to drop in coverage just others like Saban and Kirby Smart as them to do….

PS: learn your positions

Orrrr maybe we play a hybrid defense that requires Jack back (not DE) to drop in coverage just others like Saban and Kirby Smart as them to do….

PS: learn your positions
You missed the point and the position...........

Advertisement

1. Wow
2. Athletic
3. This exactly how Guidry has it lined up when he drops ends into the flats. Don’t think Harvey was able to do just that.
4. With his pressure numbers (pass rush ability) and athleticism to cover the flats and instincts to jump a route, that’s good.

BIG PICK UP

Any good defense is going to mix it up.

And players actually appreciate it as it gets them film in coverage.

Flip king strikes again. This one really surprised me with the news of him going to A&M. Big get. Adding Alston and CJ Clark keeps the underclassmen on the bench

Advertisement
It’s about showing different looks and turning a safety valve into hesitation

Advertisement
Keep stacking chips. It’s become pretty clear the only thing he's good at is recruiting. Do it well enough and maybe he can overcome his deficiencies in almost every other area.
You would be surprised how many HCs who are just good at recruiting. But they had success cause of it and are now “geniuses” and “innovators”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back