Miami Hurricanes at Florida Atlantic University, 4.19.23, 6:30pm EST

The error has nothing to do with his offense. When you are in a tie game, you need at least one run to win by anyone’s math. Cyr has been the best player on the team generating runs. You also implied he had a bad day at the plate, which he really didn’t, and then suggested it was a good move to put Dorian in who hasn’t shown the ability to get that much needed run all season. Backing that up is the mountain of sabermetric data showing the trade off for defense in lieu of offense in that situation isn’t a good idea, especially at 2nd base.
Gonzalez was a defensive replacement in the bottom of the 9th, and we were up by 1. Debose, a .230 hitter, hadn't hit a homer run in 125 plate appearances. Walters blew the save, period!

You can throw out all the metrics you want, but again you did not watch the game. I will give you the benefit of the doubt as you did not know when the substitution was made.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Gonzalez was a defensive replacement in the bottom of the 9th, and we were up by 1. Debose, a .230 hitter, hadn't hit a homer run in 125 plate appearances. Walters blew the save, period!

You can throw out all the metrics you want, but again you did not watch the game. I will give you the benefit of the doubt as you did not know when the substitution was made.
Yep. Read the comments wrong. I’d have no problem with subbing Dorian in with a one run lead in that situation with Walt pitching.

Yep. Read the comments wrong. I’d have no problem with subbing Dorian in with a one run lead in that situation with Walt pitching.
Like the second game against UNC, the major problem was yanking Torres after facing just one batter. There are rational reasons for the other decisions, although the lefty righty matchup seeking with Renzo and Villegas borders on excessive, but you’ve already started the spiral into defeat.

Advertisement
Back