MIAMI HURRICANES ARE STARS

Advertisement
Colin Cowherd has become one of my favorite sports talk show hosts over the past 18 months, if you told me 19 months ago id be saying this I would say you should lay off the drugs

Advertisement
...But still very true. The U has produced so many First Round Picks, Pro Bowlers, and NFL HOFers. While Baga has had a great run in CFB, most of their players have been JAGs in the NFL. True dat! We are NFL U!

NFLU is great, but also part of the problem. Maybe, we need to have some "Be loyal to the University", mixed in to where guys don't bail at the first opportunity. It used to be that you won on the field at Miami, then you moved on and achieved success at the next level. Over the last 15 years or so, it has been "Let me do just enough to shine, and as soon as I can get out of here, I'm bailing", and on field success has taken a back seat. Miami has to be a healthy mix of system that produces guys that are successful, while actually being worth a **** on the field.

I believe that Manolo will find the balance you speak of such that the me first crowd will slow,y fade away back to the team first concept we had on our great teams. Guys would stay cuz they knew we’d be fighting for chips the following season. It’s imperative on Manny to find the on field success which will in turn help change the culture. He’s already well on his way with the things he’s done so far, including bringing in team first guys via the portal to show the young bucks how it looks like and is done.

Ok but we haven’t produced any stars since the early 00’s. Amari Cooper is a star mark Ingram but other than them not too many

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back