Miami hot on the trail of Bradley Jennings, Jr.

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
The Miami coaching staff is attempting to achieve a difficult feat. Flip a Florida State legacy commitment from North Florida.

The Hurricanes have made Bradley Jennings, Jr. (Jacksonville Sandalwood) a priority at the linebacker spot in this recruiting cycle. Jennings, whose father played linebacker at FSU as well, describes himself as "an every down. linebacker who can play sideline-to-sideline."

The rival programs are vying for his services and he has not closed the door on the Canes just yet.

"Florida state is on me very hard. Miami is on me extremely hard too and I'm still listening to them, but right now I'm committed to Florida state," he said.

The 6-2, 225-pound linebacker from Jacksonville on why he chose the Seminoles: "I like how many All-Americans they've had and the championships," he said.

Jennings, Jr. added about Miami, "I like everything about it. I'm very interested

Although his father is a former Nole, it seems like Miami is trying to use that relationship to their advantage.

"The defensive coordinator Manny Diaz was at Florida State when my dad was there so he knows a lot about him," Jennings, Jr said. "Coach Hartley is my dad's guy. They've hung out a couple times in Jacksonville already so they're getting tight."

"My dad wouldn't be upset with any decision I make because he knows if Miami is the best situation for me, then it's the right choice. Same thing with Florida State. He is open to anything."

One of the reasons it appears that Jennings, Jr. is considering Miami is the fact that he is in town a good amount. His father is originally from Carol City High School. Jennings, Jr visited Miami campus in April and will be back again over the summer. He plans to visit school in July when he will be in the city.

"I'm always in Miami. I'll be in Miami the whole month of July. I go every other month," he said. " I'm comfortable because of that and the coaching staff."

"I think they're gonna do a really good job. I've checked their backgrounds and they can really coach."

Jennings, Jr. said he plans on visiting Florida State, Louisville and Michigan as well.

And although Jennings, Jr plays in North Florida, he thinks his trips to Miami have experienced his style of play.

"I really do play like a South Florida guy. The mentality is just different down south. I get to be around them so I know what it's like."

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
10729767.jpeg

Advertisement
I'll give the staff the benefit of the doubt but it seems like a long shot and waste of time.

I'll give the staff the benefit of the doubt but it seems like a long shot and waste of time.

You mean like Cade Weldon? Even if he's a long shot it puts Jimbo on notice. No recruit is safe, even your legacies. We are coming for you.

No it's not, there's been other writers that have said when prospects ask them about Bradley Jennings and the writers tell them he's a FSU commit, the prospects don't believe them because he's been raving about UM all day

You mean like Cade Weldon? Even if he's a long shot it puts Jimbo on notice. No recruit is safe, even your legacies. We are coming for you.

FSU never showed much interest in Weldon, it's not even clear if they offered him. This kid is actually committed to FSU and it appears he's a take for them. I'm not holding my breath.

Advertisement

FSU never showed much interest in Weldon, it's not even clear if they offered him. This kid is actually committed to FSU and it appears he's a take for them. I'm not holding my breath.

My bad on the downvote, ****** phone...

Advertisement
Don't Give Up! Don't Ever Give Up! This is how we should be recruiting! Not assuming anything. Richt's philosophy is if the visit there is a chance. Been years since trailorhassee and jortsville had their **** handed to them in SoFl. It's a new day!

We have picked a couple really nice recruits out of North FL the last couple years. If they show up big this year, it will help with others. If a couple of them have big games in a beat down of FSU this year, maybe we can make old Jimbo spend more time in the sticks and less on our beaches.

Advertisement
I don't get why we are putting some much effort into him... he's only an 85 on 247. Can someone please explain to me why they think this kid is a take? His film is pretty average unless I'm missing something?

It's usually unlikely that ALL of the recruiting services get a prospect wrong. But the truth is, most consider this guy to be average. We need to be going after 4 and 5 star prospects if we want to be good again.

Even if you do think this guy is decent, is it worth all of the time and effort to try and flip him?

Advertisement
Back