Miami Herald on 6 new Summer A players arriving today

Freshman
Banned
"Defensive coordinator Blake Baker intends to have Brooks play MIKE and freshman Avery Huff play WILL, at least initially this summer. He expects both to play immediately this fall. Huff is expected to enroll for Summer Session II."

“This kid is going to be a monster,” co-defensive coordinator Ephraim Banda said of Brooks after he signed in December. “He’s huge, broad shoulders, physical, can run, can tackle, comes from a great program. When this kid gets in our weight program, which we’ve proven what we can do, when he hits those weights, gets healthy and really strong he’s going to be a really good player for."

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article229733574.html

Advertisement
Hedley told ESPN Australia: “I wore #94 because of @TheRock. Hopefully he comes through Miami and I can say g’day, it’d be awesome to have a workout with the big fella.”

Dwayne Johnson, the famous actor and former UM defensive lineman, responded immediately on April 5: “Thanks for rockin’ my #94 @LouHedley. Look forward to that workout one day. In the meantime, welcome to the U, keep disrupting and always be the hardest worker in the [expletive] room.”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article229733574.html#storylink=cpy

Bet it would make Hedley’s day to get in a workout with the Rock - a lifetime changing event actually. Of the 6 enrolling now I can see Brooks having the greatest impact this upcoming season especially at the Mike. He’s athletic, can run, and is a solid thumper at the LB position. He and Huff should really help shore up our depth at the position.

Advertisement
Advertisement
brooks will be fine i saw him in the state championship game in dec and he looked like a grown man... once he gets on the weights big impact.

Interesting them starting Brooks off at Mike. Huff fits the Will like a glove. He's the 1 that needs the s&c mor ethan Brooks..but when he really does...look out.

Advertisement
Interesting them starting Brooks off at Mike. Huff fits the Will like a glove. He's the 1 that needs the s&c mor ethan Brooks..but when he really does...look out.

I know Huff was only at STA one year but I thought it would have been the opposite seeing that they have a state of the art everything when it comes to S&C at STA.

Advertisement
Maybe I'm just bad using the search function, but can somebody explain what factors in to kids either coming early in the summer (A) versus later (B/II)? I assume its not a numbers thing like with the Early Enrollees so is it just based on high school and when kids finish by/have grades posted? Obviously it would be nice to have the whole class in now so just curious why so few kids always seem to get here at end of May. Thanks!

Maybe I'm just bad using the search function, but can somebody explain what factors in to kids either coming early in the summer (A) versus later (B/II)? I assume its not a numbers thing like with the Early Enrollees so is it just based on high school and when kids finish by/have grades posted? Obviously it would be nice to have the whole class in now so just curious why so few kids always seem to get here at end of May. Thanks!
i think it’s mainly when their high school graduates

What's the status of Jennings?

Baker saying Huff and Brooks will play immediately leads me to believe he knows something we don't.

Advertisement
Back