Miami Herald article on the U July 25, 2019

Advertisement
Yeah, Jarren steps on that field today as the clear #3 and needs to ball out or it truly will be a two man race by this time next week.

And Jarren Williams “has gotten better,” a UM football official said. “He’s trying harder, working hard in the weight room and with his conditioning.”

Jarren just needs to fully understand the playbook that's why he didn't play last year

Jarren just needs to fully understand the playbook that's why he didn't play last year

It also sounds like he checked out mentally for stretches as he knew he wasn’t going to play. At the end of the day he should’ve been given more reps at the end of the year but it is what it is.

That all goes back to Jon Richt being a new qb coach and not knowing what to do and how to train your qb's, I still say he was the worst hire in Mark's career as a hurricanes coach

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wasn't jarren only suspended for 1 game and didn't flash cash like Perry while getting head in a car.My point is they all need to grow up this isn't high school anymore.

Ok I didn't know that but he should of played in more than just the Savannah game

that would've set a bad example to the team if he played ahead of perry or rosier. richt was very clear that the first thing you had to do was to put effort into being a student in order to play. kosi had social media gaffes (which were certainly more embarrassing, but that's the world we live in now), but jarren wasn't showing effort to be a college student. he improved over the fall semester, but was still very hot and cold in that regard through the entire season. i'm a big williams fan and can say first-hand that he's a very good kid. he just needed to step up and couldn't take care of that before the end of last season.

Advertisement
That all goes back to Jon Richt being a new qb coach and not knowing what to do and how to train your qb's, I still say he was the worst hire in Mark's career as a hurricanes coach

Its probably the worst hire by any HC by any college team in recent memory. We laugh at Houston hiring Donofrio, but it wasn't a risky proposition (well, it was risky in that they would suck at defense). Donofrio was experienced and Houston took a chance that his awfulness was due, in large part, to Golden's defensive philosophy. If it didn't work out, he gets fired. No big deal. Lots of coaches have made bad hires, but almost none of them put their entire career and reputation in the hands of someone with zero experience who was impossible to fire.

Richt, on the other hand, hired his completely unqualified child as the single most important position coach. Nepotism was banned by UGA, but Richt immediately used Miami to build his son's resume like we were some 3rd tier school. By hiring his child, Richt also decided to ride or die on that decision, as there was zero chance that Mark would fire his own son. It was just an appalling lack of judgment by Mark Richt.

Advertisement
Back