Miami getting a little be of love from CFN Contributors

Shogungts

Junior
Premium
I'm not sure I am buying a playoff level team yet (obviously hope that I am wrong), but at least some non local media folk are:

usatsi_9621463-2.jpg
By: CollegeFootballNews.com | August 16, 2017 10:07 am

CFN Staff Predictions: The College Football Playoff Four Teams Will Be

Who will the four teams be in the College Football Playoff at the end of the 2017 season?

Contact @PeteFiutak

College Football Playoff Final Four Preseason Prediction

@Rich Cirminiello, CFN: Alabama, Florida State, Ohio State and Washington. It’d be foolish to dismiss Clemson, which hosts the Noles on Nov. 11 in their annual showdown. But FSU enjoys the QB edge this year. Oklahoma and Oklahoma State will split two meetings, keeping the Big 12 out of the playoff for the third time in four years.

@Jeff Feyerer, CFN: Ohio State, Florida State, Washington, Auburn – I hate betting against Alabama, but that’s what it’s come to this year. Maybe I’ve just gotten bored picking the Crimson Tide every year, or maybe it’s high time for them to play below expectations. Or it’s simply that the Bama/Auburn game is at Jordan-Hare this season. Auburn impressed last year even with subpar quarterback play, and Jarrett Stidham should change that this time around. Ohio State has J.T. Barrett and the best set of pass rushers in the country, Florida State should be able to survive in the Atlantic Division and Washington gets most of their playoff team back from last year.

@Pete Fiutak, CFN: Alabama, Florida State, Washington, Michigan – The Michigan/Ohio State winner will get in – assuming the Buckeyes beat Oklahoma – and so will the Alabama/Florida State loser. Washington, not USC, will be the Pac-12’s star.

@Jeremy Harper, SunBeltHeat: It’s always gonna be pretty much the same big brand guys, right? Plus one party crasher? I’ll go with Alabama, Oklahoma, Ohio State and … Miami! No Brad Kaaya? No problem.

@Phil Harrison, CFN: Alabama, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Washington – Nobody will come close to Alabama in the SEC, so it’s in easily again. Wisconsin will run through its schedule and get into the Big Ten Championship game where OSU will provide the lone loss for the Badgers. No team from the ACC or PAC-12 will have less than two losses so the Playoff Committee will sneak Wisconsin in for two Big Ten teams.

@Jeremy Mauss, MWwire.com: Alabama, Ohio State, Florida State, Washington: The Week 1 game between Florida State/Alabama likely won’t matter for the loser. In the Big Ten the Ohio State/Penn State winner gets a spot and Washington will enjoy being out of the spotlight that will be surrounding USC and represent the Pac-12.

@Russ Mitchell, CFN: USC, Alabama, Penn State, Clemson: First, you have beat the champ to be the champ; with FSU traveling to Clemson late in the season and the Tigers’ replacements being more experienced by then, I’m taking Dabo & the defending champions. Penn Shame was the best team in the B1G last season, and it’ll have the best team in the B1G again this season. As a conference, the SEC has fallen back to earth – with the exception of Bama; makes for an easy path. It’s not yet as bad as Kentucky in basketball, but it’s getting close. USC’s loaded with talent, and while it’s in a tough division, it has the best QB in CFB, and confidence. I’m taking USC to win it all. As for the Big 12 … Meh. Sorry Dari.

Keith Stewart, Winners & Whiners: Alabama, USC, Ohio State, Florida State

@Joe Vitale, UGAFootballLive: Alabama, Washington, Michigan and…..Miami. The U will take care of business in Year Two under former Georgia coach Mark Richt. With a not-that-bad schedule, if the Hurricanes can take out FSU in Tallahassee, then it’s sweet sailing the rest of the way for Richt and Co.

http://collegefootballnews.com/2017/08/tcollege-football-playoff-four-teams-will-be

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back