Miami Flo's Predictions

Just my take, but I'm a Mario-loyalist to the core.
In Mario's recent press conference, streetsr from from Footballville sneaked in a question about JB being fourth string. There was a reason that Streeter did that and that's why Mario reacted the way he did. Mario was caught off guard and Mario knows **** well why Streeter asked that question, Mario needs to practice what he preaches to his players

Advertisement
I’ve been pretty critical of Mario no surprise, but who gives a flying **** if Moten, Chase smith or JB leave (hypothetically). Sorry, it’s the truth. Mario doesn’t need to defend his roster decisions.

None of them have done a lick here at Miami. Good luck elsewhere and no need to be salty about it.
It's not about them leaving, it's about Mario keeping his word to his players that he preaches to everyday about trust

2024 Recruiting Predictions

DatePredictionOutcomeVerdict
4/10There are multiple RBs at least as good as Martinez that will hit the portal
4/10Miami will get 3 starters in the spring portal
4/10Another big TE commit is coming
4/10Big commit likely coming this week around the spring game
4/10Two commits coming for sure in April (one is a whale)
4/10A third April commit is possible
4/10Miami's plan is to take two big time players at the same position in the portal.
What position would we take two big time players at in the portal?

Rb? I guess if fletch is out but two top rbs going to the same school?

Wr? Already got two guys who have produced id assume u just get a top wr1 type

DB? Probably make sense

Idk this one got me thinking lol

The locals are beginning to turn on Mario.

renews cbs GIF

They always do.

Advertisement
It's not about them leaving, it's about Mario keeping his word to his players that he preaches to everyday about trust
I’m sure guys like Flo and Caneville will air out the dirty laundry because they can’t help themselves, but initially…I have a hard time believing Mario is promising things like playing time and starting. Especially to career backups that have been in the system for 2+ years now.

He probably said something like they’re on track to contribute x if they keep improving, except they either didn’t work hard enough, didn’t undergo extensive improvement the way he thought they would, or were passed up by more talented freshmen/underclassmen.

In this day and age of college football, feelings will always get hurt. Everyone was the top dog at their respective high schools, and some kids can’t take constructive criticism or the notion that others are simply better than them.

We’ll see what happens post spring, and we’ll see how they perform tomorrow.

What position would we take two big time players at in the portal?

Rb? I guess if fletch is out but two top rbs going to the same school?

Wr? Already got two guys who have produced id assume u just get a top wr1 type

DB? Probably make sense

Idk this one got me thinking lol
I will just say that there are some players on the team that are not very happy about what's going on and that they are keeping an eye on the situation, if things don't shake out in the spring game then things could get a little ugly

if things don't shake out in the spring game then things could get a little ugly

What needs to shake out during the spring game - a game that is going to be highly controlled and the O and D game plans will be vanilla - that can change anything in terms of where players are positioned for playing time that the previous 13 practices haven't already established heading into summer?

Advertisement
What needs to shake out during the spring game - a game that is going to be highly controlled and the O and D game plans will be vanilla - that can change anything in terms of where players are positioned for playing time that the previous 13 practices haven't already established heading into summer?
Again, it's not necessarily about playing time, it's about not being consistent with what he's preaching to the team and their Parents, again, Mario needs to practice what he's preaching, if he's not careful, it's gonna bite him in the *** real soon!

I will just say that there are some players on the team that are not very happy about what's going on and that they are keeping an eye on the situation, if things don't shake out in the spring game then things could get a little ugly
Lol what this gotta do with my question tho brotha

Again, it's not necessarily about playing time, it's about not being consistent with what he's preaching to the team and their Parents, again, Mario needs to practice what he's preaching, if he's not careful, it's gonna bite him in the *** real soon!
What does he preach that he doesn't follow himself?

You honestly sound like one of Luke/Caneville’s minions. I’d be more concerned about kids like Bain, etc were upset but you’re talking about guys that have had plenty of chances to rise up the depth chart and have been recruited over by more talented players.

This is grown man business and Mario won’t be losing sleep over guys like Chase Smith transferring

Advertisement
You honestly sound like one of Luke/Caneville’s minions. I’d be more concerned about kids like Bain, etc were upset but you’re talking about guys that have had plenty of chances to rise up the depth chart and have been recruited over by more talented players.

This is grown man business and Mario won’t be losing sleep over guys like Chase Smith transferring
I'll say it one more time! It's not about that. It's about Mario holding himself to the same standards that he preaches to his team

Advertisement
Flo said Coach Mario is being very shady right now and that there is absolutely a locker room issue going on! Depending on a couple of things in the spring game it could get much worse

Come get your kid then.

This isn’t some summer camp or country club. If he doesn’t want to compete, take him to a G5 school or try out for intramurals

Advertisement
Back