Miami Flo's Predictions

Advertisement
Canes Recruiting Show January 28, 2024

Predictions:

• There will be some good recruiting news (for Miami) this week
  • We need to do something wrong to not get DJ Pickett (said the same thing about JoJo last cycle)

Comments
  • Miami likely is recruiting 6-8 WRs this cycle. Several of them aren't local
    • Big discussion about class size and class size of only 18. Flo tripled down on class size.
  • There are a couple of guys on staff that aren't recruiting/closing key recruits Mario wants. Flo thinks its a trust issue
  • Mario has an inner circle of 2-3 coaches to close key recruits. There's a little bit larger circle of 2-3 more coaches that do the bulk of recruiting
    • He was tap dancing not wanting to name the coach(es) that aren't trusted
  • Some of kids that visited brought their parents this weekend. Once they did that, it was a wrap. Mario is a closer.

With these numbers half the class will be WRs. Seems highly unlikely

Honestly I never heard him say Miami was recruiting 6-8 WRs. I might have missed that part. I heard Flo say in general that he likes 8 WRs in this class
Here's a direct link to the WR discussion. After listening again, I was wrong, he did say he'd like 3-4 WR in this class from the 6-8 Miami class WRs available/interested that we'd be recruiting.

Advertisement
That DB room needs to be cleaned up ASAP.

I don’t get going after LB this cycle. Granted, there is a lot of talent in the class…but you don’t make it a core focus.
I agree, and it's obvious to everyone that DB needs to be the focus next year, the way DL was this year and OL last year. We can't do another year of mediocre DB recruiting.

Interesting that there’s talk of a lack of closers on the staff.

The only one I can think of is Addae who’s had a hard time for 2yrs getting his targets.

Outside of that, could they be referencing Woodiel? I know he was a big part of the Carr recruitment.

I have no other names I can think of.
Flo said the giveway was on the final closing visit, if you've got Mario and a non-position coach like Beard doing the close, that position coach isn't part of the inner circle of trust.

Given the examples Flo sited in the show, pretty clear that Beard is either in the inner-most circle or the next inner-most circle.

Also didn't seem too impressed with Nickel,said he checked down liken 80% if his passes this weekend,kept it very safe while some other QBs made amazing throws.

Luke is a very good QB. His stock is rising. UGA taking notice after his performance in the State Championship. Projected to rise in the rankings & be a top 5 QB in his class. Not saying there aren’t better QBs in the class (there may well be) but he’s a really good one.

Advertisement
18-20 high school recruits makes a lot of sense for the 25 class we won’t have alot of guys leaving Mario hasn’t really cut any of his recruits
Ehhh, that remains to be seen. The only class that would have transfered at this time would be 22 kids and we already lost two Mario recruits in Skinner and Moss, **** Colbie Young is a Mario kid. One things is for sure though, there are still a ton of kids that don’t belong on this roster.

Not sure why man worried about counters in relationship to the '25 class. Thats a problem for next year. The counters now is to get under the number for the upcoming season. Some players are waiting to graduate in the summer before transferring out and others will see the writing after spring. As for next year, you have no idea who gonna transfer, or be asked to leave or decide to go pro.

Not sure why man worried about counters in relationship to the '25 class. Thats a problem for next year. The counters now is to get under the number for the upcoming season. Some players are waiting to graduate in the summer before transferring out and others will see the writing after spring. As for next year, you have no idea who gonna transfer, or be asked to leave or decide to go pro.
I agree with this post!

Advertisement
Doesn’t make sense. I don’t buy it.

I think 93 is correct. but that looks like it includes everyone

Yeah his numbers couldn’t be more wrong. if he thinks we have 103 guys on our roster under scholarship currently then I have no clue what roster he’s looking at because it’s not ours lol

Advertisement

I think 93 is correct. but that looks like it includes everyone
THis is a great link and its a free article. Just bookmarked it Thanks!

may not mean we take all of them
del bosque soccer GIF by Fusion

He’s also said (in a different episode) we will emphasize LB in the 25 cycle.

My guess on his 2-3 coach inner circle - mirabal, smith. Lol

DNic and JT gotta be the dudes. The guys he doesnt trust must be addae and maybe woodiel
I’ve yet to see it with woodiel some insiders swear we are fending off schools for him.

Advertisement
Back