Miami Flo's Predictions

Advertisement
Haha!

Can you put a link up to the show?

I’d love to hear who was better than this kid T the tournament

He actually didn't name any names. All he said was there were QBs who could spin it and he also said Luke doesn't have a strong arm. Here's the link. Check it out when you can. Go to 18:21 into the video for the Luke talk

Haha!

Can you put a link up to the show?

I’d love to hear who was better than this kid T the tournament
He didn't name anyone specific. He said that Nickel played well but that there were other QBs who took far more chances with their throws. He was conservative and took a lot of checkdowns.

Here's the link for the show. It starts around the 15 min mark.

Advertisement
Canes Recruiting Show January 28, 2024

Predictions:

• There will be some good recruiting news (for Miami) this week
  • We need to do something wrong to not get DJ Pickett (said the same thing about JoJo last cycle)

Comments
  • Miami likely is recruiting 6-8 WRs this cycle. Several of them aren't local
    • Big discussion about class size and class size of only 18. Flo tripled down on class size.
  • There are a couple of guys on staff that aren't recruiting/closing key recruits Mario wants. Flo thinks its a trust issue
  • Mario has an inner circle of 2-3 coaches to close key recruits. There's a little bit larger circle of 2-3 more coaches that do the bulk of recruiting
    • He was tap dancing not wanting to name the coach(es) that aren't trusted
  • Some of kids that visited brought their parents this weekend. Once they did that, it was a wrap. Mario is a closer.

Big discussion going on now on Flo's podcast regarding the numbers.

He is saying the numbers are over by 8 guys right now before the summer enrollees. As of January enrollment dates, there are 10 additional guys who signed but didn't enroll. That totals 18 guys over the 85 who will have to leave by Fall camp. And that's not including any additional portal guys Mario brings in.
He's absolutely wrong about that.
Counting all our (scholarship) commits as well as Isaiah Taylor and Lou Cristobal, we're at 95.
I can list them if necessary.
I'm pretty sure Taylor is a PWO; I'm not sure whether little Lou is taking a scholly. But either way, we're not even close to 18 over.

Advertisement

Predictions:

• We need to do something wrong to not get DJ Pickett (said the same thing about JoJo last cycle)

Comments
    • Big discussion about class size and class size of only 18. Flo tripled down on class size.
  • There are a couple of guys on staff that aren't recruiting/closing key recruits Mario wants. Flo thinks its a trust issue
  • Mario has an inner circle of 2-3 coaches to close key recruits. There's a little bit larger circle of 2-3 more coaches that do the bulk of recruiting
  • Some of kids that visited brought their parents this weekend. Once they did that, it was a wrap. Mario is a closer.

6 to 8 WRs!!!!

Comments
  • Miami likely is recruiting 6-8 WRs this cycle.
6 to 8 WRs!!!!

6-8 WRs in a class of 18?!

There is 0% chance that happens.

Ya'll are speed reading! Take some more time and re-read, LOL.

Recruiting and signing are two different things. He said the pool of kids we're recruiting is 6-8 total. He never stated how many he thought we signed but the discussion was in the 3-4 range (at least that is what Jon said and Flo didn't disagree). After re-watching the WR segment, Flo said he'd like to see 3-4 receivers but it was a personal opinion, not a prediction.

My guess is he means seriously recruiting (i.e. planning on multiple UVs and an OV etc), cause we have way more than 8 offers out there for WR.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He's absolutely wrong about that.
Counting all our (scholarship) commits as well as Isaiah Taylor and Lou Cristobal, we're at 95.
I can list them if necessary.
I'm pretty sure Taylor is a PWO; I'm not sure whether little Lou is taking a scholly. But either way, we're not even close to 18 over.
Yea I love Flo but hes a meat head about some things. Def not 18 over. But yes ultimately we will most likely cut around 15 guys after spring.

Big discussion going on now on Flo's podcast regarding the numbers.

He is saying the numbers are over by 8 guys right now before the summer enrollees. As of January enrollment dates, there are 10 additional guys who signed but didn't enroll. That totals 18 guys over the 85 who will have to leave by Fall camp. And that's not including any additional portal guys Mario brings in.
He’s way off on the number

Advertisement

Recruiting and signing are two different things. He said the pool of kids we're recruiting is 6-8 total. He never stated how many he thought we signed but the discussion was in the 3-4 range (at least that is what Jon said and Flo didn't disagree).

My guess is he means seriously recruiting (i.e. planning on multiple UVs and an OV etc), cause we have way more than 8 offers out there for WR.

He’s also said (in a different episode) we will emphasize LB in the 25 cycle.

My guess on his 2-3 coach inner circle - mirabal, smith. Lol

DNic and JT gotta be the dudes. The guys he doesnt trust must be addae and maybe woodiel

Recruiting and signing are two different things. He said the pool of kids we're recruiting is 6-8 total. He never stated how many he thought we signed but the discussion was in the 3-4 range (at least that is what Jon said and Flo didn't disagree).

Honestly I never heard him say Miami was recruiting 6-8 WRs. I might have missed that part. I heard Flo say in general that he likes 8 WRs in this class

Predictions:

Comments

Interesting that there’s talk of a lack of closers on the staff.

The only one I can think of is Addae who’s had a hard time for 2yrs getting his targets.

Outside of that, could they be referencing Woodiel? I know he was a big part of the Carr recruitment.

I have no other names I can think of.

Advertisement
Back