Miami Flo's Predictions

If we are going with this analogy, we have a bunch on the line and need to get to ESD. We are trying to get another on the line who is currently hooked by another boat.

Wicked Tuna Fishing GIF by National Geographic Channel

Advertisement
Interesting comment from Flo at the end of the show

Whale(s) plural are reaching back out to Miami now.

Its interesting here that Mario/Miami isn't initiating the flips. The recruits are reconsidering and this seems to be snowballing.
IMG_7617.png

Advertisement
No way! You serious?
I wouldn’t get caught up in WHO because they are talking with more 5* kids than 1-2. We know Stone, Stewart, JJ, Ellis, Blount and I would not be surprised if 2-4 others get in the discussion before ESD. Point being, we are in a good place and should expect to see the class improve before ESD.

Whale(s) plural are reaching back out to Miami now.

Its interesting here that Mario/Miami isn't initiating the flips. The recruits are reconsidering and this seems to be snowballing.
Yep. Crazy how Scott took it upon himself to make the switch. Keep relationships up, check in and let kids make their own choices.. that’s how you keep a commitment.

Justin just felt so much happier when he flipped to UM, you could tell hes slept on it and realized where he wants to be.

Advertisement
I wouldn’t get caught up in WHO because they are talking with more 5* kids than 1-2. We know Stone, Stewart, JJ, Ellis, Blount and I would not be surprised if 2-4 others get in the discussion before ESD. Point being, we are in a good place and should expect to see the class improve before ESD.
I know. I was just shocked that there would be a shot there but I shouldn't be surprised knowing Mario. Mario is going to give it his all and if a kid doesn't want to come then there's nothing you can do.

I'm not really focusing on one big time kid because I know we are after so many. I'm just excited about the fact that whoever decides to sign with Miami I know that they will be players who make this rooster better and that's all that matters! Go Canes!

Whale(s) [plural] are reaching back out to Miami now.

Note: the plural is mine, so I put it in brackets. Just wanted to make clear he said whales [plural and not singular]

Everyone is assuming Stewart is the whale. When Scott flipped nobody on this board—at least no one who publicly posted about it—talked about him as the flip. If there really is a whale about to flip, could very well be a name none of us are expecting...

...or it could be Stewart.

Advertisement
Everyone is assuming Stewart is the whale. When Scott flipped nobody on this board—at least no one who publicly posted about it—talked about him as the flip. If there really is a whale about to flip, could very well be a name none of us are expecting...

A few people mentioned Scott before he flipped.
Question to me is what exactly does “whale” mean to Flo…

To me it’s a top 100 player. So if the whale is UF commit then it could only be Hayes. If it’s not, then Stewart makes sense.

Which One Reaction GIF by Audible

These kids may be leveraging offers but, knowing the egos involved and thirst for success around the program, I believe Mario has the financial support to do whatever he wants.
I think they are also jumping at Big $$ initially and snake oil, and as it gets closer, things start to clear up about bogus offers, and pretty sure Miami has the NIL rep right now about coming through with all payments....

Advertisement
I think they are also jumping at Big $$ initially and snake oil, and as it gets closer, things start to clear up about bogus offers, and pretty sure Miami has the NIL rep right now about coming through with all payments....
Not dissimilar to housing market offers. Got an offer $50k above asking a couple years ago, but you have to read the fine print. Wanted me to cover difference if it didn't appraise, which it wasn't going to. Also wanted me to move in a week. Yeah...pass.

That's why these guys—especially at 17 and 18—need good reps to cut through the BS.

Advertisement
Back