Miami Flo's Predictions

I mentioned some names in the game thread Saturday who are looking around. I’ve hinted at the Browns multiple times because of 7 being unhappy. Damari has to understand he has the star spot locked up and it would be dumb to leave. You can bash the coaches for a lot but it’s not their fault 7 can’t cover without grabbing and tugging.

I’ve been saying for a couple weeks it wasn’t just backups and guys that don’t play that could be leaving.
Grabbing and tugging
Beavis And Butthead Lol GIF by Paramount+

Advertisement
I mentioned some names in the game thread Saturday who are looking around. I’ve hinted at the Browns multiple times because of 7 being unhappy. Damari has to understand he has the star spot locked up and it would be dumb to leave. You can bash the coaches for a lot but it’s not their fault 7 can’t cover without grabbing and tugging.

I’ve been saying for a couple weeks it wasn’t just backups and guys that don’t play that could be leaving.
You think there is a chance Mario can convince Damari to stick around or is it pretty certain he would follow his brother should he dip out? Crazy bc his bro is only gna have 1 yr left anyways

Not to change the subject but how we looking for that big flip?

Bro I hope he’s back and I hope Dawson goes to some coaching clinics! 💯
I think Dawson was still finding out how to call an offense Mario likes. Hope next year there’s more cohesiveness between the 2. Still all in all when the QB play has been average to good the offense moved the ball

18 year old kids do make poor decisions all the time. I just get why he would leave it’s not like he’s gonna go the same place as his bro. 7 is trash

Advertisement
Brashard and possibly Johnson Jr. leaving would hurt, how they weren’t more implanted in the offense was downright criminal. Brashard flashed when he was allowed to show it and Johnson, who I think would get more burn next year, should wait his turn but in todays world if people are unhappy they bounce whenever they can, working hard and earning your spot is nonexistent anymore with the exception of a few who will stay and put in the work. Just sucks to hear those rumors and hopefully that’s all they were, just rumors.

Id imagine that the name would have gotten out by now then.
Me thinks you’re underestimating how Elite his premium board members are at keeping secrets. It’s a very thorough vetting process to even get pick to go through their boot camp

The team did show improvement but spin it however you guys want I don't think the program is in a good spot. 20 transfers is gonna hurt and even if we get a great recruiting class you don't want to depend on those guys. Not everyone is Mauigua and Bain.

Mario did a good job of selling it this morn on Joe Rose but this sh11t is not going as planned. Their bullsh11tting u if they say otherwise. We need a huge season next year n we aren't starting this offseason well.

Advertisement

Our staff is in a difficult spot. A lot of going on with Brown situation that is out of their hands. It’s an unfortunate situation and only hurts Damari at the end.

I made a post at the time alluding to this. He's selling these kids on a vision, like every coach is. We're not there yet, but we will be with you, etc. etc. He's really good at it, obviously. But at some point, you have to see results. And while 2 years isn't the deciding factor, what very well could be is everyone and their mother telling you this guy is a buffoon at in-game management, and then him not only proving them right, but doing so with a giant sledgehammer, right in front of your eyes.

I was very nervous that decision would have MASSIVE ramifications beyond just losing 1 football game. And if he didn't already have that reputation, it might not have been that bad. But he did, and he’s trying to move away from it, and not only does he NOT do that, he makes the most egregious decisions of his career.

Gonna take a while to wash the stink off that one, unfortunately….
People on here were chastising me and others to move on regarding that game but I’m sorry that’s not possible. It was a disaster of a decision as it was the most elementary coaching thing, and like you said, it put the primary negative perception about Mario, the game coRch, front and center in an indefensible way.

The self-inflicted damage this guy has done to his job here is unreal. It’s upsetting for a bunch of us because we finally had boosters with money who got serious about competing and we’re watching a thick skulled Neanderthal **** it away. I don’t see how we get another chance with money behind us if he fails. There’s a lot at stake.

Being a college football HC gotta be the hardest and most stressful job in all sports.

With NIL you gotta worry about 20-30 guys a year, wanting to leave for various reasons and than potentially replacing them with just as good or better players every year.
Which is why anyone saying that the only way to build a program is recruiting high school kids and not relying so much on the portal is completely wrong.

So many teams, including two in our conference (Louisville & FSU) have proven how to do it.

Just get wins on the field thus making it easier to keep your hard fought recruiting wins.

Mario and how he handled year two, as I and others have said so many times before has been the worst possible thing to happen.

Last edited:
Our staff is in a difficult spot. A lot of going on with Brown situation that is out of their hands. It’s an unfortunate situation and only hurts Damari at the end.
Norvell can give two *****.

With Onion up there and his South Florida ties, he’s on a mission to destroy UM and they will do what they can to take certain players from us and be super dirty about it and since they are winning, it’s Mario’s vision and action on the field this year vs Norvel and his actions on the field. They are coming for Damari.

Advertisement

Yeah but like Chaney, Flagg, TVD, Harvey weren't all just backups and guys that don't play. Yet losing them isn't exactly a major negative. Again not that you want to lose guys like Chaney. But There are plenty of contributors that can be replaced, without being even a negative. May not be a positive mind you....

I maintain that the biggest losses by far will be to the draft - and the most impactful will likely be on the OLine. If Rivers and Lee leave, even though I'm confident in our OLine and the long-term future of our Oline under Mario, losing Rivers, Cohen, and Lee would be a pretty large veteran loss. I think somehow convincing Lee (or Rivers and moved to Center) to stay would probably have a positive of an impact on this team as pretty much all the guys leaving combined (obviously assuming we replace TVD with a competent QB)... and thats mainly because like Flagg will be replaced by our young LBs. Harvey will be replaced by our 2 starters who were out for season plus you got Bain and Wayne taking the next step. Brashard is a guy I'd want to keep, but ultimately he WAS WR4...

Idk Unless there is someone really impactful that no one has mentioned, I don't really think it'll be that hard to exit portal szn better off than we entered. obviously if Damari Brown left, that would really suck. But thats really the only actually kinda big deal I've even seen mentioned. idk if you're saying theres other big names. like We need to keep Porter, Nyjalik, JHH (if not to draft - **** we need to convince him to stay period.)...

Last edited:
Damari is gonna be a beast. We should do all we can to keep him. I havent seen any others that im concerned over so far. We brought in WRs and its the ones on the team already who stepped up even when they got blasted last offseason, OL it was both recruits and transfers who stepped up and LB its the same. Got a Mike and the rest play elevated. We have more talent below some of the players who are leaving like Flagg, Harvey and Chaney. So this probably a way to show young talented guys they are gonna get more PT.

Norvell can give two *****.

With Onion up there and his South Florida ties, he’s on a mission to destroy UM and they will do what they can to take certain players from us and be super dirty about it and since they are winning, it’s Mario’s vision and action on the field this year vs Norvel and his actions on the field. They are coming for Damari.
Nobody is scared of Norvell.

Advertisement
People on here were chastising me and others to move on regarding that game but I’m sorry that’s not possible. It was a disaster of a decision as it was the most elementary coaching thing, and like you said, it put the primary negative perception about Mario, the game coRch, front and center in an indefensible way.

The self-inflicted damage this guy has done to his job here is unreal. It’s upsetting for a bunch of us because we finally had boosters with money who got serious about competing and we’re watching a thick skulled Neanderthal **** it away. I don’t see how we get another chance with money behind us if he fails. There’s a lot at stake.
And to boot it's happened twice in his career.... I mentioned in another post that kind of mistake should never happen at all let alone twice.... We now have a pattern...
You are correct that there's a lot at stake money wise....
Showing levels of coaching incompetency like this will bite us bad..... I'm not saying all is lost by any means , just the ship should be more in order that what Mario is showing it to be....

#1 Bain is a Unicorn- a TF having that kind of an impact DOESN’T just fall off trees, so that narrative hasn’t been proven wrong or we would see Super True Freshman All over the Country.
NY Carr’s catch radius is the same thing we said about Jeremiah Payton, Marquezz Ezzard, Romello Brinson, on and on, etc.

Bro you don’t Portal your Juniors soon to be Seniors, that are already doing it.
The portal would be A Great Opportunity for him to get with a competent coordinator, but it would be HORRIBLE for the Canes. We would still be trying figure it out instead of building on what we have.
Exactly!!

Yeah but like Chaney, Flagg, TVD, Harvey weren't all just backups and guys that don't play. Yet losing them isn't exactly a major negative. Again not that you want to lose guys like Chaney. But There are plenty of contributors that can be replaced, without being even a negative. May not be a positive mind you....

I maintain that the biggest losses by far will be to the draft - and the most impactful will likely be on the OLine. If Rivers and Lee leave, even though I'm confident in our OLine and the long-term future of our Oline under Mario, losing Rivers, Cohen, and Lee would be a pretty large veteran loss. I think somehow convincing Lee (or Rivers and moved to Center) to stay would probably have a positive of an impact on this team as pretty much all the guys leaving combined (obviously assuming we replace TVD with a competent QB)... and thats mainly because like Flagg will be replaced by our young LBs. Harvey will be replaced by our 2 starters who were out for season plus you got Bain and Wayne taking the next step. Brashard is a guy I'd want to keep, but ultimately he WAS WR4...

Idk Unless there is someone really impactful that no one has mentioned, I don't really think it'll be that hard to exit portal szn better off than we entered. obviously if Damari Brown left, that would really suck. But thats really the only actually kinda big deal I've even seen mentioned. idk if you're saying theres other big names. like We need to keep Porter, Nyjalik, JHH (if not to draft - **** we need to convince him to stay period.)...
I agree with this post the only thing I think the OL will be better no matter what but that’s JMO.

Advertisement
Back