Miami Flo's Predictions

Canes Talk Recruiting November 26, 2023

Predictions

• Big Time player (context was 5*) announcing as soon as this week for Miami
  • 8-10 will portal out before the bowl game
  • 3-5 will portal out after the bowl game
  • 4-6 will portal out after spring
  • 20-25 players are going to leave the program by the end of August. Some guys will hold on until the spring game.

Comments

• Bailey appears to the only QB flip candidate (assuming Miami aggressively goes after him)
  • Brashard is at the top of the list of teams back channeling our players to hit the portal.
Guess we gave up on flipping that big time QB Flo spent most of October hyping. Not only are we not flipping him but the name never leaked….fascinating

Post in thread 'Miami Flo's Predictions'
https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/miami-flos-predictions.178713/post-6850620

Post in thread 'Miami Flo's Predictions'
https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/miami-flos-predictions.178713/post-6821281

Advertisement
Assuming for the moment that this is true and I have no reason to believe it isn't. This is why the GT fiasco hit me so hard and why I couldn't just forget about it and let it go. That collosal, egregious and absolutely incomprehensible fakk up was much more significant and far reaching than people wanted to admit. I knew that it would have grave consequences in the locker room and possibly in the future of this program in terms of Mario being able to lead. That bumbling slapstick comedy of errors to end that game completely stripped Mario naked and bare in front of the entire college football landscape.

It served to move his abysmal decision making and game management to the forefront of everyone's attention and awareness and it almost certainly set into motion a process in players minds where maybe for the first time they saw him for who is truly is stripped of all the tough guy affectation and it made them ask some very difficult questions. Difficult questions like "Is this really the man who is going to bring this program back?" In other words it planted a seed of doubt and that seed was fed like a king during the seven game stretch that followed. Maybe I'm blowing this out of proportion and frankly I hope that is the case. When you lose respect then you lose the ability to lead and command and I hope to God that this isn't the case because if Mario fails it will be difficult for this program to dig itself out of the pile of debris it will find itself under.
The Gt fiasco hits hard because it's happened twice to Mario.... This is not the kind of mistake a head coach should ever make once let alone twice..... It's just tough to let that go.... Hopefully he learns something but that remains to be seen...

You wylin with the Harvin comparisons. He’s good but u need a route tree to get open, u just can’t run straight everyone knows this. The best wrs do both, I do agree to get him the ball more but it’s not like we don’t have new weapons that can’t eat.
Smith joins the long line of canes players that everyone thinks is better than he is and people make crazy comparisons for. He's in practice every **** day and doesn't beat out X but if he could just get on field he would double the output of a guy who is about to break most of our single season receiving records. He's a good player, not in the same neighborhood with a Percy Harvin and not as fast even as everyone acts like he is.

Also, the obsession with bashing X or saying he was thrown to too much is so laughable. He consistently catches everything around him and makes plays. Why the **** are we criticizing this guy who plays really well and is out there helping recruit even? We got some ******* strange fans.

Smith joins the long line of canes players that everyone thinks is better than he is and people make crazy comparisons for. He's in practice every **** day and doesn't beat out X but if he could just get on field he would double the output of a guy who is about to break most of our single season receiving records. He's a good player, not in the same neighborhood with a Percy Harvin and not as fast even as everyone acts like he is.

Also, the obsession with bashing X or saying he was thrown to too much is so laughable. He consistently catches everything around him and makes plays. Why the **** are we criticizing this guy who plays really well and is out there helping recruit even? We got some ******* strange fans.
It’s weird asf man I don’t know what happened to the fan base this season. It’s people being impatient and the expectations were unrealistic. Imagine when Bama falls how their fans are going to be? It’s going to be even crazier for them

I love Brashard and would like to keep him on the team. His speed is valuable for sure. With that said, he aint no **** Percy Harvin. Only similarity is that they both are gadget type players. It doesn't matter how fast you are as a WR, if you can't run a crisp route, you're not going to make it. It's the difference between a John Ross and a Tyreek Hill. BS has struggled with running consistent routes which is why he isn't seeing more PT at WR. Should have gotten more snaps? I think so, but in the backfield and on sweeps and that type of thing, but he wasn't doubling anything that X did as a WR.
X had 5 TDS BS had 4 total on way less touches or targets…AGAIN He’s A GAMECHANGER, get him the BALL However. He’s not Percy because we don’t have Urban’s play calling….Who else on offense can go the distance and change the game like BS????? George?….smh… Bro BS will be a Senior next year with a WHOLE offseason to continue Development, isn’t that what it’s about… Developing your own ballers??? I’m confused…smh… Ray ray and some other high school pipe dream kids are going to be better Game Changers though Right??? RIGHT!!! Or we can play Celow and gamble in the portal for a better Game Changer than the one We Developed.
S**** just sounds Stupid to me.
All I’m saying is You don’t let BS who’s clearly developing go to the Portal his Senior year.

Advertisement
The Gt fiasco hits hard because it's happened twice to Mario.... This is not the kind of mistake a head coach should ever make once let alone twice..... It's just tough to let that go.... Hopefully he learns something but that remains to be seen...
Not to pile on here, but then we went and ran it again instead of taking the knee to run out the clock for OT vs. Clemson.. The thrill of the W overshadowed that so it doesn't seem major, just like it wouldn't have been major against GT if the fumble never happens. But we were within our own 40 and Clemson still had 2 timeouts..

You wylin with the Harvin comparisons. He’s good but u need a route tree to get open, u just can’t run straight everyone knows this. The best wrs do both, I do agree to get him the ball more but it’s not like we don’t have new weapons that can’t eat.
We don’t have New Weapons. BS will be a Senior, the new weapons are pipe dreams.
BS is NOT A WR, he’s a WEPON, just get him the Ball, he doesn’t need a Jerry rice route tree… it’s not complicated… Sending the Senior Game changers you’re developing to the Portal is Stupid to me, but I’m just a miserable fan Bro.

X had 5 TDS BS had 4 total on way less touches or targets…AGAIN He’s A GAMECHANGER, get him the BALL However. He’s not Percy because we don’t have Urban’s play calling….Who else on offense can go the distance and change the game like BS????? George?….smh… Bro BS will be a Senior next year with a WHOLE offseason to continue Development, isn’t that what it’s about… Developing your own ballers??? I’m confused…smh… Ray ray and some other high school pipe dream kids are going to be better Game Changers though Right??? RIGHT!!! Or we can play Celow and gamble in the portal for a better Game Changer than the one We Developed.
All I’m saying is You don’t let BS who’s clearly developing go to the Portal his Senior year.
He has speed that can make an impact at any level, which is why I'd like to keep him. I agree and think we should try and get him to stay but he's not a guy that we should get into a bidding war for is more my point. He's not good enough running routes to warrant it. He's not Percy because he doesn't have the quickness and route running ability. Percy is one of the better short area quickness guys we've ever seen, BS isn't close to that level. Not to mention if X comes back, we have X, Ray Ray (who I think is a better WR than BS already), Robbie Washington and Ny Carr coming in all for the same WR spot that he would be looking for. If he hasn't separated himself from the young guys at this time, it's for a reason and he probably is best off seeking another place that is a little less crowded.

Again, I like Brashard as a player a lot and would love to retain him, I just don't think he is a guy that can't be replaced with someone already on the roster.

Canes Talk Recruiting November 26, 2023

Predictions

• Big Time player (context was 5*) announcing as soon as this week for Miami
  • 8-10 will portal out before the bowl game
  • 3-5 will portal out after the bowl game
  • 4-6 will portal out after spring
  • 20-25 players are going to leave the program by the end of August. Some guys will hold on until the spring game.

Comments

• Bailey appears to the only QB flip candidate (assuming Miami aggressively goes after him)
  • Brashard is at the top of the list of teams back channeling our players to hit the portal.
I think I agree with the portal predictions.. if he said 25, no... but the 8-10, 3-5, 4-6 at various times only adds up to a range of 15-21. We're expecting the same thing if that's the case.

If 25 portal out there is something seriously wrong. 20 is no big deal. The last 5 players to get from 20 to 25 would be starters or young guys they're really banking on and invested in keeping.

Advertisement
Being a college football HC gotta be the hardest and most stressful job in all sports.

With NIL you gotta worry about 20-30 guys a year, wanting to leave for various reasons and than potentially replacing them with just as good or better players every year.

Being a college football HC gotta be the hardest and most stressful job in all sports.

With NIL you gotta worry about 20-30 guys a year, wanting to leave for various reasons and than potentially replacing them with just as good or better players every year.
Mario is a nut job. This is his favorite part of the job, which shows with his in-game shortcomings.

Will Ferrell Comedy GIF by filmeditor

Advertisement
This has been my fear with the younger guys. Imo the coaches are really bad about not getting younger guys in at least to play certain packages that will showcase their talent and keep them engaged. CB rotation has been the worst imo (yet another reason to fire Addae).

-Damari Brown should've been starting for most of the season...hes clearly the best cb. Wtf have they been waiting on?
-Chris Johnson (who I'm sure is gone) should've been getting some designed plays all year long. It's insane that the dip**** coaches can't get him a few plays a game but thats what happens when you have an offense and coaches with zero creativity.
-Reyrey should be getting snaps in mkre games
-the freshmen linebackers, Flagg didn’t need that many snaps....let's be real.
-Brashard, of course he'll leave. He's a walking touchdown and he barely gets the ball. Just utter incompetence yet again.
-Citizen, i could be wrong on this one but I heard he's healthy. If so, give him a few carries to let him know he's part of the plan going forward.
-Jacurri, why they haven't used him as a gadget the past few games is beyond me. Again, just htter incompetence.

There are probably more im missing as well.
The transfers are the ones that scare me... I get that you need people for depth and the best player should play, but how many transfers did we take over the last 2 years that barely saw the field at all? I understand with high school kids some of them don't pan out, but the hit rate on transfers should be much higher. If I am a school recruiting a transfer against Miami I am pointing out several of the kids that transferred and did not get any play and asking them 'do you want to use your one transfer (and potentially final year) to go to a school where you aren't going to get any playing time?'

Advertisement
We don’t have New Weapons. BS will be a Senior, the new weapons are pipe dreams.
BS is NOT A WR, he’s a WEPON, just get him the Ball, he doesn’t need a Jerry rice route tree… it’s not complicated… Sending the Senior Game changers you’re developing to the Portal is Stupid to me, but I’m just a miserable fan Bro.
I feel you but NY Carr looks like a better player in HS than a BS. Ray Ray as well cause they have twitch, that allows you to make more plays. I like BS but if I saw all three films in HS I would be shocked if they weren’t better than BS. I think they are better simple as that.

Guidry said prior to season he dont like to rotate DBs so we already knew that going in. Guys not gonna like standing on sidelines all season, it is what it is.
I remember him saying that and I think he needs to re-evaluate this. Times are just different now with the portal and you need to adapt. Its important to get more guys on the team involved or they will just bolt

Not to pile on here, but then we went and ran it again instead of taking the knee to run out the clock for OT vs. Clemson.. The thrill of the W overshadowed that so it doesn't seem major, just like it wouldn't have been major against GT if the fumble never happens. But we were within our own 40 and Clemson still had 2 timeouts..
The other one that kills me is taking a timeout with 13 minutes left in the 3rd quarter against NCST.. They literally ran one play and we called TO... Just sat there shaking my head thinking " What the **** are we doing?"...

Advertisement
Back