Miami Flo's Predictions

20 to 25 players does seem like a lot but its just his guess. Lets compare the top 8 Teams this year and how many players transferred out from them.
1. Georgia- 15 players
2. Michigan- 14 players
3. Washington- 17 players
4. FSU- 22 Players
5. Oregon- 32 players
6. OSU- 12 Players
7. Texas- 21 Players
8. Bama- 22 Players

So the established powerhouse brands lost 10-15 except for bama who lost 22 and the up and coming short term success teams needed more transfers. Obviously this is from 2023 and we will have to wait and see what happens this year so its still TBD on if it is a good strategy or not.

From the names mentioned the only one really hurt is Damari and i pray mario can convince him to stay, the rest are meh
Some of those teams listed have 5 stars sitting on the bench waiting for PT, we don’t. I think losing to many players could prolong the rebuild everyone waiting/hoping for.

Some of these kids need to be convinced to stay some kind of way. The portal is not a guarantee when most of CFB looking at the same players.

Advertisement
Canes Talk Recruiting November 26, 2023

Predictions

• Big Time player (context was 5*) announcing as soon as this week for Miami

Comments

• Bailey appears to the only QB flip candidate (assuming Miami aggressively goes after him)
  • Brashard is at the top of the list of teams back channeling our players to hit the portal.
I feel like everyone gets whatever info from here and report it after themselves... They don't know jack 💩.. Just saying 😂

From tonight’s show - expects 20-25 portals OUT.
I missed that prediction. Went back and listened again to that segment. He said he expects 20-25 to leave. IDK if that number includes Graduates and those entering the draft also.

Edit: updated my post with his portal predictions and timeframes
  • 8-10 will portal out before the bowl game
  • 3-5 will portal out after the bowl game
  • 4-6 will portal out after spring
  • 20-25 players are going to leave the program by the end of August. Some guys will hold on until the spring game.

Some of those teams listed have 5 stars sitting on the bench waiting for PT, we don’t. I think losing to many players could prolong the rebuild everyone waiting/hoping for.

Some of these kids need to be convinced to stay some kind of way. The portal is not a guarantee when most of CFB looking at the same players.
Yea but other programs also lost a ton to the portal last year I just didnt use them as examples bc at that point you can look at that yourself.
Ole miss had 34 transfers out, Missouri lost 23, Penn State 16, Okie State 18, Arizona 25 etc etc

Advertisement
Advertisement
WR1, no shot. He’s a gadget guy that can make plays. He’s a solid player. Hope he stays. But I have not seen him run great routes and create separation. I think we could get more production from Ray Ray and some of the incoming freshman.
Maybe you're right I guess we'll see

Would suck to lose Damari, he is on the path to a great career here. Would also hate to see Smith go. He actually had a much better season than last year. Almost 1,000 all purpose yards. That is the type of guy he is a swiss army knife. The only reason he didn't get more receiving yards is a positive one, Restrepo had a great year.

Advertisement
Idk I think he is wr1 next year at Miami. Really hope he stays

Nah

I like Smith, and I think that he is extremely talented. But IMO, his best role is a gadget type guy like he was being utilized in this season (yes we should have given him more touches). His route running ability is lacking unless it’s a 9 route. We saw it last year and we have seen it this year as well. He def doesn’t have WR1 ability IMO. I’d love to keep him, because again he is talented and we need all of the explosiveness we can get but unless both X and George leave, he will be fighting again to get in the top 4 of the rotation again.

…and honestly, if X leaves, that’s Ray Ray’s spot. Again, JMO.

Advertisement
Bit hard to blame B Smith for leaving as he'll be WR4 next year again (assuming Colbie, X, George all stay) and we didnt use him enough as is (dawson...). I could see a lot of schools promising him starting WR guaranteed (or at least full time slot role) + good size NIL to jump. That said, kid's own mom said he was lazy & tries to do bare minimum + he made a lot stupid unnecessary penalties, so not exactly the culture fit we need

And while it would obviously be better if he stayed, we have Ray Ray, Robbie Washington and now Carr coming in. Slot / Utility WR room is simply too crowded so not a big loss assuming at least 1 of those 3 is as good as everyone thinks. Frankly if B smith stays, i could see Ray Ray or Robbie looking to portal. Is what it is, every kid who thinks they should be a starter but isnt will try to hit the portal or backchannel for starting spot + NIL

I missed that prediction. Went back and listened again to that segment. He said he expects 20-25 to leave. IDK if that number includes Graduates and those entering the draft also.

Edit: updated my post with his portal predictions and timeframes
  • 8-10 will portal out before the bowl game
  • 3-5 will portal out after the bowl game
  • 4-6 will portal out after spring
  • 20-25 players are going to leave the program by the end of August. Some guys will hold on until the spring game.
^

Y'all gotta chill lol

Would suck to lose BSmith… dude seemed to be be a game changer to flip momentum

-Aggie game return
-his 50+ yard run against clemson with the offense sputtering

There’s more I’m missing from his touches… I can see why teams would want him and will feature him

He said:

8-10 players when the portal opens
4-5 after bowl game
8-10 after spring
Lot of people been saying alot will leave after spring even the last two years, idk how many have actually done it but it never seems to be alot or anyone significant

Advertisement
Back