Miami Flo's Predictions

Recruiting Hit Rate: 69% (35/51)
Non-Recruiting Hit Rate: 60% (3/5)
[Sample size too small, don't draw conclusions from this percentage]

2023 Recruiting Predictions

DatePredictionOutcomeVerdict
9/10Expect another recruit beyond the '24 recruit to commit in the next 7-10 days (Flo declined to specify the class)Blount committedHit

Advertisement
September 15 Show comments

• Couple guys may pop in the next week or two
  • There's a TON of recruits committed to other schools scheduling visits. Some will be public, many will be silent
  • I'm excited by the skills of the WR we're about to flip
  • There is a reason why Miami is pouring so many recruiting resources into the 25 class

Advertisement
Wish we can flip Isendre- he’s going to be a monster OG
D$ and Pete discussed the potential of flipping him on Friday's CaneInsight show. In general, Poly recruits value loyalty and flips are rare. The primary thing that might open up that recruitment is if the coach that recruited him and/or Jimbo got fired.

Of course, that's Poly recruits in general. Individual recruits and individual recruitments are unique and have unique circumstances. Hopefully, this one will buck the trend and he'll flip.

D$ and Pete discussed the potential of flipping him on Friday's CaneInsight show. In general, Poly recruits value loyalty and flips are rare. The primary thing that might open up that recruitment is if the coach that recruited him and/or Jimbo got fired.

Of course, that's Poly recruits in general. Individual recruits and individual recruitments are unique and have unique circumstances. Hopefully, this one will buck the trend and he'll flip.
He sure wasn't loyal to his parents that obviously wanted him at UM.

Advertisement
That's a bit far.

Let's not pretend we know the details of their family conversations and decision-making process, or that even if his parents wanted him at UM, they would consider his commitment to TAMU an act of disloyalty
Its interesting to note that Luli family wanted him here too w/Mario and big Joe but he picked Oregon and his family supported that choice. He sure could be used right now at a minimum as quality IOL depth.

9/17 Show comments

• Rumblings that Innis isn't happy at OSU, wait until 3-4 games left in the season to see if this smoke is real
  • Rumblings that Canes may be working on flipping Lyle
  • Some of the same sources are saying UM may drop Hellcat (CWH). Flo says no substance to this. If you look at his tape, there's no way Miami is dropping him.
  • Flo believes Chance Robinson is solid
  • Flo thinks Riley is solid
  • Recruit may pop very soon
  • Is it true that Mario is turning down recruits because he's whale hunting? Yes
  • Watch out for a JuCo DT. Miami is going to make a move there.
  • WR recruiting looking really good
  • Two more flips are coming. Hold him to it.

Advertisement
2 people supposed to pop 10 days from last sunday which is wednesday. Blount was one. Where the other?

From Sunday's show, seems like the timeline is any day in the next week or so. Might miss his original window though.

Advertisement
Innis deal won't amount to much. He'll grouse all year, I'm sure but since their two top wRs will go pro, he'll be promised the keys to the kingdom for next year. The only issue with Innis is whether Hartline leaving and/or their QB sucking would impact his decision more than not being more active in the passing game this year (which I think is a nothing burger).

Do we really need 2 RBs in this class? I'm all for stacking talent but you also have to have adequate stagger and balance in the classes.

I don’t think A&M is even a bad team tho. I think time will tell us that was really a top 15 matchup.

Advertisement
Back