Miami Flo's Predictions

NIL is a write-off. Gifting a kid $$ isn't but when you already make enough money to throw it around, you don't care as much about the write-off as you do getting caught doing something illegal. This has been going on for longer than most of us have been alive. The FEDs haven't gone after it and the NCAA is toothless now.

Advertisement
NIL is a write-off. Gifting a kid $$ isn't but when you already make enough money to throw it around, you don't care as much about the write-off as you do getting caught doing something illegal. This has been going on for longer than most of us have been alive. The FEDs haven't gone after it and the NCAA is toothless now.
The IRS has taken the position that NIL contributions are not write-offs, just fyi.

The IRS has taken the position that NIL contributions are not write-offs, just fyi.

The IRS has taken the position that an NIL contribution to a collective is not a charitable write off. But if a private business contributes to NIL in exchange for, say, an appearance to matket the company, it should still be a deductible business expense that minimizes the company's taxable net income.

The IRS has taken the position that an NIL contribution to a collective is not a charitable write off. But if a private business contributes to NIL in exchange for, say, an appearance to matket the company, it should still be a deductible business expense that minimizes the company's taxable net income.
Agreed

so Company A hires players to promote the company yet can’t write off the marketing expense? I can understand me donating to canes connection and they simply pay players as not being a tax write off.

Last edited:
Advertisement
so Company A hires players to promote the company yet can’t write off the marketing expense? I can understand me donating to cane’s connection and they simply pay players as not being a tax write off.
No, that's not accurate. In the scenario you described, Company A would legally be entitled to a legitimate business expense deduction, as long as the player is actually performing work promoting the company.

This one is looking good

3/31By mid-season, Dimitry Nicolas will no longer be an under the radar 3* recruit. His recruitment is going to blow up.Committed to Auburn on August 25

August 27 Canes Talk Show

Predictions

• We're going to flip a WR (and its not McCoy like everyone thinks)
  • We may flip a 2nd WR
  • Miami is going to get another big name DT by December, hold me to it.

Comments

• Stone is a prime flip candidate going forward. However, he said this isn't a prediction
  • He has Stone ranked in the 5-8 grouping of DTs in this cycle. Still views him as a high-end DT that he wants on Canes but not in the top 4 of 24 DTs
  • Mentioned Breland, Scott, Jones and McRay ahead of Stone
  • Very impressed w/St. Francis. Game plan was to take out JoJo and Jeremiah
  • Patterson was the best player on the field in the Chaminade game
  • Has changed his opinion on Patterson
  • Mack was the real deal in the STA game
  • Waiting until December to judge DT recruiting
  • Russell had a tremendous game for Columbus. Going to let his play talk going forward
  • We need one more big time interior DL
  • Someone close to the situation told Flo Jones isn't flipping. Like D$, he's concerned that he lives in that area
  • Horton is going to be an impact player going forward
  • We're likely to take 9-10 in the portal this cycle
  • 2nd show this week, all recruiting. He says he's hoping for good news before this show. Is there a recruit scheduled to announce this week?
    • Will cover Booker Pickett amongst others
  • Keep an eye on the Colorado DT commit (is a potential flip coming?). Not sure this qualifies as a prediction

Advertisement
August 28 Show

Predictions

• There's going to be name leaking out in the next couple weeks that we're trying to flip.
  • Watch the AJ Hairston recruitment. Miami may be circling back here.

Comments

• On the three major flips:
    • Flo confirmed the first flip was Rudolph (said we already got one)
    • Two more flips coming before signing day in December.
  • We are recruiting Booker Pickett, he's just not sure how agressively we're recruiting him.
  • There is a possible name coming in the next two weeks. Said his name was mentioned in the chat and was down to Miami and another school
    • Names I saw in the chat: Breland, Mcray, Mincey,
  • Says he's impressed w/the job Addae is doing recruiting
  • He see's a lot of parallels between the 23 class and the 25 class. Definitely need to hit
  • Miami is pushing hard for EPL

August 28 Show

comedy central wtf GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

August 28 Show

Predictions

• There's going to be name leaking out in the next couple weeks that we're trying to flip.

Comments

• We are recruiting Booker Pickett, he's just not sure how agressively we're recruiting him.
  • There is a possible name coming in the next two weeks. Said his name was mentioned in the chat and was down to Miami and another school
  • He see's a lot of parallels between the 23 class and the 25 class. Definitely need to hit
If it’s Mincey, he’s….

Be Quiet Pedro Pascal GIF by HBO

Advertisement
August 27 Canes Talk Show

Predictions

• We're going to flip a WR (and its not McCoy like everyone thinks)
Gatling? Barney?

• Miami is going to get another big name DT by December, hold me to it.

I agree here…No idea here though.
Comments

• He has Stone ranked in the 5-8 grouping of DTs in this cycle. Still views him as a high-end DT that he wants on Canes but not in the top 4 of 24 DTs

I think this is borderline insane…Reminds me of Leonard Taylor, but at this time even better
  • Very impressed w/St. Francis. Game plan was to take out JoJo and Jeremiah
  • Patterson was the best player on the field in the Chaminade game

I was impressed too, esp because beat up on offense. I think it was close between Patterson and Van Burn. Both looked good.

• Mack was the real deal in the STA game
  • Waiting until December to judge DT recruiting

Yes yes yes on both!
  • We're likely to take 9-10 in the portal this cycle

Still seems high to me…I think 3-4 will be built in. But I suppose we can get there on an exchange basis (attrition going out) for the other 5-6

Hope so

Lot addressed here. I liked the way he explained some items and opinions. Thanks for summary!

August 28 Show

Predictions

Comments

If there’s two more flips, why don’t they just flip already? This sounds to me like he’s playing the odds

August 28 Show

Predictions

Comments

I am generally a flo fan but he lost me at the addae comment

Advertisement
DatePredictionOutcomeVerdict
8/28There's going to be name leaking out in the next couple weeks that we're trying to flip.D$ says Miami is likely to try to flip Ny Carr (UGA commit)Hit

Flo "this is what winning does"

9/10Recruiting is going to pick up and its going to pick up fast
9/10Expect a 24 recruit to commit in the next 7-10 days
9/10Expect another recruit beyond the '24 recruit to commit in the next 7-10 days (Flo declined to specify the class)

General Comments

• ERob IV more likely to flip that Adarius Hayes. Neither a sure thing though.
  • We probably aren't going to win a lot of head to heads against UGA
  • We are in the final 2 for Breland
  • LJ McCray might be the best DT in this cycle

Last edited:
Flo "this is what winning does"

9/10Recruiting is going to pick up and its going to pick up fast
9/10Expect a 24 recruit to commit in the next 7-10 days
9/10Expect another recruit beyond the '24 recruit to commit in the next 7-10 days (Flo declined to specify the class)
Booker Pickett and Kamare Williams . Even I knowing nothing can make those assumptions off posts from Gaby and LifeWallet

Advertisement
Back