Miami Flo's Predictions

Not to be that guy, but should 2 commits in a 3 week span even count as a prediction? Since Shavers commitment 5/19 there hasn't been a 3 week timeframe where there haven't been 2 commits. Softball.
He did say that it likely was 3 or more, but he specifically knew about and was confident in the names of 2.

Advertisement
We need to start a P-Tizzle prediction thread. Here's a little appetizer of what that would look like.

Jeremiah Smith: Cane
Ellis Robinson IV: Cane
David Stone: Cane
Dylan Stewart: Cane
Brandon Baker: Cane
Ryan Wingo: Cane

Home Run Sport GIF by MLB

MOMENTUM.

More to come later

Advertisement
We need to start a P-Tizzle prediction thread. Here's a little appetizer of what that would look like.

MOMENTUM.

More to come later
I'm down wit that like fo flat.

Advertisement

MOMENTUM.

More to come later
surprise shock GIF

DatePredictionOutcomeVerdict
6/7There will be 2-3 CBs portal out after this year due to playing time concernsGraves hit the portal

@Cribby

Could be another one , I posted awhile back to expect some more before camp

I mentioned this in the 7/19 Bank thread, but I suspect there's a lot of overlap here. Are they referring to the same two recruits?

Flo

7/16Feels really good about two recruits committing in the next 3 weeks (including BBQ week). Would put money down on it.

D$

- I continue to really like where Miami sits with DT Kamarion Franklin (Memphis) and S Zaquan Patterson (Chaminade). I'd put us firmly in the lead for both.

Advertisement
I mentioned this in the 7/19 Bank thread, but I suspect there's a lot of overlap here. Are they referring to the same two recruits?

Flo

7/16Feels really good about two recruits committing in the next 3 weeks (including BBQ week). Would put money down on it.

D$

- I continue to really like where Miami sits with DT Kamarion Franklin (Memphis) and S Zaquan Patterson (Chaminade). I'd put us firmly in the lead for both.

Franklin and Patterson would solidify this class before the season even begins. Two monster talents at position of need. The positive buzz would be tremendous.

Advertisement

Snippets from the audio version of the bank. Sure does seem there's direct overlap.

Potential of Commits

• Franklin and Patterson are NOT silently committed.
  • I like Miami for Kam Franklin
  • Patterson, if he was the next commit for Miami, it would not surprise me

Next Commit

Probably Patterson. If not him, then Franklin

That being said, Flo said there was a silent commit that will pop relatively soon.

716There is a recruit on the table that you could say is silently committed. Could pop this week, could wait to the BBQ

D$ says Franklin and Patterson aren't silents. So who could that silent be? This also from the audio bank

Cole

• Rohan playing a big role here, great relationship
  • Miami further along than w/Breland
  • Discussion of UGA accepting commits from other LBs
  • Could be a near term commit, could stretch this out

Last edited:
That being said, Flo said there was a silent commit that will pop relatively soon.

716There is a recruit on the table that you could say is silently committed. Could pop this week, could wait to the BBQ

D$ says Franklin and Patterson aren't silents. So who could that silent be? This also from the audio bank

Cole

• Rohan playing a big role here, great relationship
  • Miami further along than w/Breland
  • Discussion of UGA accepting commits from other LBs
  • Could be a near term commit, could stretch this out
if he did say "that you could say is silently committed" that to me could be two people interpreting source comments differently.

For example Kam Franklin tells UM "I want to commit, I am ready to commit but before I can I need grandma to see and approve"

Now is he silently committed? No. D$ would be completely correct saying Franklin and Patterson are not silents.

However Flo could also be correct. as in "you could say he is a silent" i.e. he has basically committed, just needs to check a box and he is in, analogous to a kid who needed to get one B in english and is waiting on a test score to get his academics right and he is saying he is coming as long as that happens.

So 7/2 Flo said we'd be at 18-19 commits by mid-August. By my count we're at 18 now, so that's a 'hit' - wouldn't count it against him if somehow de-commits brought the # below his prediction. Though as often is the case, not exactly out on a limb with the 'prediction'.

Flo's statement that we'll add 10 more to the class (7/4) when we were at 15 - should that be a prediction? So we're saying we'll take 25 in the class. Isn't that something we expect to do?

Advertisement
Back