Miami Flo's Predictions

Advertisement
Advertisement
If we miss on Lighfoot (likely) we need to pressure a few kids to announce in July. Artavius, Mitchell, and completing the McCoy flip as examples to help offset the nasty taste of OSU's nuts in our mouths.

First Miami was getting the best DL class ever. Scott was penciled in the way he was talking. Scott is gone now. Mario is killing it recruiting, now it’s we have to win 8-9 games because we sucked for years and the big boy teams are negative recruiting us.

Advertisement
Just imagine Taint’s class after they win title this year. Sickening that it’s a real possibility
they’ve got QB issues like Bama. I could see them losing a couple as well. They’ll be a dog to Michigan for sure.

Of course I’m talking negatively on them but they’ll still win 9-10 games most likely. We used to be like that.

Some other interesting comments I forgot to include:

• With all the negativity surrounding recruiting, people are ignoring the fact that we have 3 commits from STA (a school we've struggled with big time in recent years.
Me talking now:

Since Mario has arrived, he's repaired the damage Heritage and made us competitive at both IMG and STA.
I generally try to stay away from this subject matter due to the repetitive ramblings of various posters ( Not you, just generally speaking) but many really refuse to take into account how bad the state of the program was recruiting wise as far as contacts go.... Mario had a **** of a hill to climb and still does in restoring lines of communication both in our back yard and nation wide.... It makes a difference when those things get fixed.... It's just not the kind of thing that gets fixed overnight...
Patience is not the strongest virtue of a forum board.....

Harbaugh has put Day over his knee and spanking dat booty the past few years.

I think this could be Michigan's best team under Harbaugh. Also Penn State is really talented, and returns alot they can absolutely be a contender in the Big 10.

I don't think Ohio State will win Big 10 or go to the playoffs this season.

Advertisement
Penn State stinks.

Bugs Ok GIF by Bug Bite Thing

I generally try to stay away from this subject matter due to the repetitive ramblings of various posters ( Not you, just generally speaking) but many really refuse to take into account how bad the state of the program was recruiting wise as far as contacts go.... Mario had a **** of a hill to climb and still does in restoring lines of communication both in our back yard and nation wide.... It makes a difference when those things get fixed.... It's just not the kind of thing that gets fixed overnight...
Patience is not the strongest virtue of a forum board.....
Fair point but then they should stop hyping things up that they can’t finish. Stop hyping up 5 stars you can’t finish with.

We should not. Not this one.
There is a bigger fish to fry that the staff Needs to prioritize that can take Barney's spot and exceed the production Barney could give us.

I challenge that notion - I don’t think there are legit bigger fish to fry. Can we land someone like wingo or smith? Highly unlikely and it would only be based on a hugely improved offensive year. In other words, if not them, who else is there than can supplant Barney? Barney should/might grow into a 4 star, btw.

Barney was a big miss by us. My sense is that he was not prioritized early enough by us but he was by a school thousands of miles away. Can’t explain that. We wasted our time with kids like Hawkins, et al.

Advertisement
In the 10 minutes I could handle, Flo seemed to be deflecting. Who exactly wouldn't admit they were wrong about Barney? And why does that matter? Pretty clear there was an 11th hour bag drop that was a game-changer. No 'insiders' getting called out over this one. It often seems like he's just filling time during the show
Then he's on to the 2 cb recruits, lamenting why everyone's focused on the Barney miss, rather than the two 3-star gets at corner. He referenced their film, non-specific about any characteristics of their game, but implied that they both are 'ballers'. Well I watched their clips and they both look like 'good' high school players who 'can' be developed - but nothing jumped out in terms of hidden gems as Flo implied. Just seems there was A LOT of spinning going on from the guy who along with a few other insiders who are ALWAYS hyping the staff and the class - then wondering aloud why everyone's so disappointed.

I challenge that notion - I don’t think there are legit bigger fish to fry. Can we land someone like wingo or smith? Highly unlikely and it would only be based on a hugely improved offensive year. In other words, if not them, who else is there than can supplant Barney? Barney should/might grow into a 4 star, btw.

Barney was a big miss by us. My sense is that he was not prioritized early enough by us but he was by a school thousands of miles away. Can’t explain that. We wasted our time with kids like Hawkins, et al.
There are but not at WR. I based this on my belief we not a top notch WR away from a legit CFP contention. My biggest concern heading into the season is avoiding a 2022 implosion. While the probability is that we won't experience injuries at the rate we did last year, there will be some and the depth is young and mostly unproven. The misses on the OL to continually improve depth is unsettling even though it's taken a backset to all this whale drama. My gut says we'll be fine with the receivers we have if we stabilize things elsewhere. And that's not to speak anything about the defense.

Our most important additions may well be the two coordinators.

Fair point but then they should stop hyping things up that they can’t finish. Stop hyping up 5 stars you can’t finish with.
That's part of the sell though... You have to "Stay up" during the process ... Recruiting is always gonna be hit and miss with a lot more misses than hits....

Advertisement
Back