Miami Flo's Predictions

Advertisement
For the fourth bullet where he says two whales silently committed. Did he make note if Scott was one of them?
No, Scott wasn't one of the two silents. Now whether or not there were three silents prior to him committing to O$U IDK about. But I know Scott wasn't in the two because:

1. Scott has committed to O$U prior to show
  2. Flo mentioned the fact that we lost Scott to O$U and people rumbling that O$U owns us

Advertisement
Interesting comments from tonight's show

• Flo says he's not wavering on ANYTHING he's previously said
  • Nebraska has been on Barney forever, we came in at the 11th hour. Still EVERYONE (including Flo) thought we had him
  • Flo called out the media for not being able to admit they missed on Barney. Flo admitted being wrong. It shouldn't be hard to admit you whiffed and your intel was bad. Everyone, without exception, had Barney going to Miami.
  • Flo chose not to go into detail as to the reasons why Barney picked the Huskers
Seems nobody wants to outside of @itsdolphhh who said the huskers dropped a 350k bag.

Some other interesting comments I forgot to include:

• With all the negativity surrounding recruiting, people are ignoring the fact that we have 3 commits from STA (a school we've struggled with big time in recent years.
Me talking now:

Since Mario has arrived, he's repaired the damage Heritage and made us competitive at both IMG and STA.

Lmao this guy is a glutton for punishment. Here's a JgDaCane prediction you can track. Flo will eat another **** sandwich by whatever assclown is feeding him bull**** information.
Staff struggling to read the room, so everything is moot at this point.

Doesn’t matter if Flo on the phone with Mario directly, if Mario doesn’t know then how would he?

Advertisement
Predictions from the 7/2 Show

DatePredictionOutcomeVerdict
7/2By the mid August, we'll be at 18/19 commits
7/2We're picking up a recruit this week
7/2As long as we don't look like complete crap on the field, we're going to be ok with this recruiting class
7/2There's no reason to be panicked or concerned right now
7/2Two whales have committed silently. Flo also said silent commits mean nothing until they verbal
Doubling down on 5/30. Flo expects we will have between 16-18 commits before the HS season starts. Now it’s even more.

6/12 - not looking great… By December, he thinks we're getting 3 DL "whales" and there's a shot at a 4th not sure about that one.

5-15 Jason Taylor is going to be problem for other teams on the trail. Idkkkkkk

5/15 Mario is about to flip some major "big boy" recruits. It’s been 2 months. About isnt 2 months Prob a miss

5/22 June could end up being the greatest month in Miami recruiting history. June ended we had some good visitors no commits and a lot seem to be trending elsewhere. Miss?

Seems nobody wants to outside of @itsdolphhh who said the huskers dropped a 350k bag.

Flo's never going to come out an say Nebraska dropped a huge bag in a public forum. It wasn't hard seeing his body language and hearing his voice that there was a lot more to the story. But @itsdolphhh also mentioned that the Huskers had prioritized him for a long time and that played a big role here too.

What I do wonder is if we're going to aggressively (in Mario style) try to flip him back until he signs the NLI?

7/2As long as we don't look like complete crap on the field, we're going to be ok with this recruiting class
7/2Two whales have committed silently. Flo also said silent commits mean nothing until they verbal
Let me ask you a serious question.... How in THEE FVCK is "Theres no reason to be panicked or concerned right now" a prediction???

5/28 Good news on the DL is coming very, very soon, much sooner than you think. Very very soon… it’s been 6 weeks. Miss ?

6/1 The whale (5*) trend will start this month. It’s July now.

6/5 Miami had a major blue chip offensive recruit visit silently this weekend. Expects details will be public by next Sunday. we’re a month out still nothing.

Also doubled down on the flips their all 4star and 5 star

Also doubled down (kind of) class will be top 10. Earlier it was top 3 or top 5

Advertisement

I'm glad some people have some optimisim about recruiting. So tired of shise slingers.

5/28 Good news on the DL is coming very, very soon, much sooner than you think. Very very soon… it’s been 6 weeks. Miss ?

6/5 Miami had a major blue chip offensive recruit visit silently this weekend. Expects details will be public by next Sunday. we’re a month out still nothing.

Also doubled down on the flips their all 4star and 5 star

Also doubled down (kind of) class will be top 10. Earlier it was top 3 or top 5
I’m not even trying to be rude or anything but I mean. Just throwing these out there

6/12 - not looking great… By December, he thinks we're getting 3 DL "whales" and there's a shot at a 4th not sure about that one.
Let's see how this plays out. Its interesting that D$ and Flo both listed Franklin as an impact DT. I don't think he thinks of himself of anything other than a DE. At this point though, get him on board and worry about the rest later.

5/15 Mario is about to flip some major "big boy" recruits. It’s been 2 months. About isnt 2 months Prob a miss

D$ already pointed out a couple likely big boy flips that won't even think about flipping until they see the on field results. This one's going to stay open late into the recruiting season.

5/22 June could end up being the greatest month in Miami recruiting history. June ended we had some good visitors no commits and a lot seem to be trending elsewhere. Miss?

We can't judge the June results for a long time. August would be the earliest point. But yea, so far, the closing rate hasn't been good.

Advertisement
Let me ask you a serious question.... How in THEE FVCK is "Theres no reason to be panicked or concerned right now" a prediction???
I wavered on whether that should go into the prediction table or shift to the interesting comments summary. I ended up slotting it in with the predictions because by mid-season, we're going to be able to say one of two things:

• Flo was right, folk panicked over nothing.
  • Flo was wrong, these OL whiffs, Scott and Barney were as @No_Fly_Zone said, the Canary in the coal mine.
Edit: I'm open to removing it from the predictions as its somewhat nebulous you could argue about how to verify/validate it.

Last edited:

He said we need to give the June visitors to mid-July. By mid July this will either be a hit or a miss.

Ditto for this one. Mid July is the end date for this one.

Yea, as far as I know, no public leak. Also giving the silent until mid-July to come out or "soon" will no longer apply.

I wavered on whether that should go into the prediction table or shift to the interesting comments summary. I ended up slotting it in with the predictions because by mid-season, we're going to be able to say one of two things:

• Flo was right, folk panicked over nothing.
  • Flo was wrong, these OL whiffs, Scott and Barney were as @No_Fly_Zone said said, the Canary in the coal mine.
But regardless of what happens in the future.... People have the right to panic now! Because of how things are....now.

Flo's never going to come out an say Nebraska dropped a huge bag in a public forum. It wasn't hard seeing his body language and hearing his voice that there was a lot more to the story. But @itsdolphhh also mentioned that the Huskers had prioritized him for a long time and that played a big role here too.

What I do wonder is if we're going to aggressively (in Mario style) try to flip him back until he signs the NLI?
We should not. Not this one.
There is a bigger fish to fry that the staff Needs to prioritize that can take Barney's spot and exceed the production Barney could give us.

Advertisement
Back