Miami Flo's Predictions

Canes Talk June 19 [still listening, list may change]

Interesting stuff on tonight's show

• Is Nesta an impact LB? There are some that don't think so.
  • There are a couple guys coming this weekend that you *think* we don't have a shot at.

Predictions

• Our next commit will be a WR
  • Max said the thought the next commit would be Scott (don't worry Max, we're not tracking your predictions, LOL)
  • Would be shocked if Gators stay in Top 10 after their upcoming season (and corresponding decommits)
Next commit at WR is interesting. Drelon Miller commits on June 29th, maybe Staley wants to pop…but I would guess this means Jacoby Barney wants his spot in the class.

Advertisement
Missed this one last night

Accuracy Tracker: 65% (26/40) [Sample size too small, don't draw conclusions from this percentage]

DatePredictionOutcomeVerdict
6/15We have a couple guys who could pop soon (this was before Lofton committed)Lofton and Riley committed within a weekHit

Advertisement
Canes Talk June 19

Interesting stuff on tonight's show

• There are a couple guys coming this weekend that you *think* we don't have a shot at.

Other than Smith, I'm not seeing anyone else on the official visit list that fits this category. Ionata would fit, but as far as I know, his visit was cancelled.

Guessing this means there are additional names that will surface this week or its a silent visitor(s).

You could say it’s just semantics but I’m struggling with labeling Elijah elite. I think he is a very good prospect, it’s no knock, I just think elite is strong. Now that doesn’t mean he was wrong here either, we had a good amount of elite talent on campus that weekend. I personally think this is Simmons. Kid came here somewhat interested and left really interested. Not saying we get but we are on the short list.
Lofton is an elite talent. Im 1000% sold. Not only is he beyond versatile (in-line, slot, out wide, H-back), he’s built like an ox. Will be one of the strongest players on the team from day one.

Dude bullied Chaminade last season. Let the NFL worry about measurements (why he’s not ranked top 100).
38875FEE-7113-473F-B647-B783D8CDF121.jpeg

Lofton is an elite talent. Im 1000% sold. Not only is he beyond versatile (in-line, slot, out wide, H-back), he’s built like an ox. Will be one of the strongest players on the team from day one.

Dude bullied Chaminade last season. Let the NFL worry about measurements (why he’s not ranked top 100).
View attachment 243142
I said it was semantics but elite talent in college is a day 1/day 2 draft pick or a first team all conference or all American performer. I’m being generous on the all Conference part but not every elite player was an All American. If you see Lofton as that type of player, my apologies, I don’t but you are entitled to your opinion and we will find out in time.

I said it was semantics but elite talent in college is a day 1/day 2 draft pick or a first team all conference or all American performer. I’m being generous on the all Conference part but not every elite player was an All American. If you see Lofton as that type of player, my apologies, I don’t but you are entitled to your opinion and we will find out in time.
Can’t really go by draft stock…. AR was just picked #4 overall. Was he elite in college? I don’t think he was a top 7 QB in his own conference, let alone nation.

Bain was the best HS player in FL the past two years, yet Hykeem Williams was rated 50 spots higher than him (lol).

Advertisement
Can’t really go by draft stock…. AR was just picked #4 overall. Was he elite in college? I don’t think he was a top 7 QB in his own conference, let alone nation.

Bain was the best HS player in FL the past two years, yet Hykeem Williams was rated 50 spots higher than him (lol).
Sure but elite to me means the best of the best is all. Let’s put it this way, there have only been so many elite players that have donned a Miami uniform the last decade.

Sure but elite to me means the best of the best is all. Let’s put it this way, there have only been so many elite players that have donned a Miami uniform the last decade.
Fair. Guess the term “elite” is subject of opinion. I just know the recruiting sites base their rankings on draft projections, which is a flawed system… as none of that actually matters for CFB.

Missed this one last night

Accuracy Tracker: 65% (26/40) [Sample size too small, don't draw conclusions from this percentage]

DatePredictionOutcomeVerdict
6/15We have a couple guys who could pop soon (this was before Lofton committed)Lofton and Riley committed within a weekHit
This isn’t a prediction hit. Let’s be real. We just had a huge recruiting weeken during the middle of the summer before fall practice. Obviously someone was going to pop and. E elite. Say a **** name.

Advertisement
According to Flo, it will be a WR. Which is upsetting, was hoping to lock up Scott shortly after visiting. Hopefully we get those in July like last year.
I mean... not saying it will happen but would you be upset if it is Drelon Miller, Wingo, Jojo or J Smith? I sure as **** would not. Even if it is someone like Staley with the perceived negative implications around WR and QB I wouldn't be upset.

I mean... not saying it will happen but would you be upset if it is Drelon Miller, Wingo, Jojo or J Smith? I sure as **** would not. Even if it is someone like Staley with the perceived negative implications around WR and QB I wouldn't be upset.
Would not be upset at all. Chances are, It will prob end up being Burney or Staley. Which are good players. Just ready for the juice!

Advertisement
Would not be upset at all. Chances are, It will prob end up being Burney or Staley. Which are good players. Just ready for the juice!
Agreed with that, and part of it is UM's own doing, hyping us up for "whales" sets expectations. I still think they can and will deliver. Mario did this similar last year. Locked up the developmental guys early, then slowly he starts picking up steam. As long as they are all in the Cane boat come Dec/Feb I dont care who pops first.

Miller is in the same tier as any of the top tier DLs we are after. Would be a monster pickup.

Advertisement
Back