Miami Flo's Predictions

At this point, likely to me are Stewart, Breeland and Scott. Stone i cant read. The dynamics says its 50/50, board chatter says he is all OU until proven otherwise. The shocker to me would be Simmons, just because of where he is from and who after him. The wildcard, which i think we win out on is McCray. So in order of likely for me
1) Scott
2) Stewart
3) Breeland
4)McCray
5) Stone
6)Simmons

Your top 3 is how all of this is going to shake out.

Scott/Breeland/Stewart are this years Mauigoa, Bryant, and Wayne.

Stone’s recruitment is very odd and not like Okunlola’s. Okunlola was basically a done deal that weekend in November he came down. Before that, he took his time (like he should) and made sure all parties understood it was going to take time.

Stone is telling everyone he visits it’s the best thing since sliced bread. So it’s either a troll (I’m starting to lean that way) or he’s just a really immature kid that doesn’t understand the weight of his actions.

Advertisement
He’ll (Gibson) will commit to UT the week of July 4th.

Miami gave it a run, but it’s been an uphill battle for the last 2yrs with his old boy.

Gibson is a powerful dude but I’m not seeing borderline five star.

Riley is very good at everything.

I’m much more excited about Riley’s potential.

Your top 3 is how all of this is going to shake out.

Scott/Breeland/Stewart are this years Mauigoa, Bryant, and Wayne.

Stone’s recruitment is very odd and not like Okunlola’s. Okunlola was basically a done deal that weekend in November he came down. Before that, he took his time (like he should) and made sure all parties understood it was going to take time.

Stone is telling everyone he visits it’s the best thing since sliced bread. So it’s either a troll (I’m starting to lean that way) or he’s just a really immature kid that doesn’t understand the weight of his actions.
Great comparison and assessment.

Advertisement
yup. I wouldn't be surprised if Riley commits this weekend, and we spend the rest of this cycle fighting off Saban.
South Park 6 Feet GIF by Max

Yes I believe so. I could see where he may have counted Freeney but I don't see any realistic scenario that would have him counting Cloyd in that projection. Cloyd is a depth piece that nobody even knew about before he announced he was transferring here. Just common sense.
I believe Freeney was/is in the 5. He visited in June and meets the criteria. Cloyd never visited so don't think he counts.

I may be losing my memory in my old age, but can someone remind me of the “games” UF played against us regarding last year’s BBQ? This is in reference to Flo’s most recent comments.

Advertisement
I may be losing my memory in my old age, but can someone remind me of the “games” UF played against us regarding last year’s BBQ? This is in reference to Flo’s most recent comments.

Highlights

1. UF was actively and aggressively trying to find out who was going from FNL to the BBQ and then making it virtually impossible for them to get there.
  2. UF was applying extreme high pressure sales tactics to recruits like Jean to get them to commit and/or not attend the BBQ.
Now we know why Mario was so secretive w/the BBQ visitor list. He's dealing w/a bunch of desperate juveniles up in Canesville. Billy and the G5s are really showing their immaturity when it comes to recruiting.

Full details

Miami Flo Canes Recruiting Show June 5
  • Miami had a major, blue chip silent visitor this weekend. Its an offensive recruit. Will give more hints on the Wednesday Two Minute Drill. By Sunday, the visit will be public and he'll be able to talk more about it. Recruit was a solid commit to another school prior to this weekend. That no longer is the case.
  • Miami hasn't recruited Kylan Fox for a while now.
  • Reiterated that we're getting three flips for sure. Says he may increase that number to 4 in a couple of weeks depending on how things go
  • There's something to the Colin Hurley rumors. LSU has dropped the ball here. They may be trying to repair the damage
Did we ever find out who the major silent blue chip guys was

Advertisement
Did we ever find out who the major silent blue chip guys was
No, but I do wonder about the 4th potential flip. I wonder if this was Adarius "Hitman" Hayes who was a silent visitor this weekend.

Edit: I think Flo said he wanted to see how this weekend's visits went before being confident about the flip, but it may have been in the context of the recruit visiting a school other than Miami. We'll see what he says tomorrow beside I'm a little fuzzy on if the recruit was supposed to be on campus this weekend.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Flo & @MaxKesselhaut made it real easy tonight. Read directly from the list on the hits. Much appreciated guys.

Accuracy Tracker: 64% (25/39) [Sample size too small, don't draw conclusions from this percentage]

DatePredictionOutcomeVerdict
6/16He thinks we land Riley after this weekend's visit. We're in a good spot.Riley committed on June 19
Hit
6/11We've got serious traction with one elite recruit after this weekend and he may pop sooner than laterElijah committed June 15
Hit

Flo & @MaxKesselhaut made it real easy tonight. Read directly from the list on the hits. Much appreciated guys.

Accuracy Tracker: 64% (25/39) [Sample size too small, don't draw conclusions from this percentage]

DatePredictionOutcomeVerdict
6/16He thinks we land Riley after this weekend's visit. We're in a good spot.Riley committed on June 19
Hit
6/11We've got serious traction with one elite recruit after this weekend and he may pop sooner than laterElijah committed June 15
Hit
You could say it’s just semantics but I’m struggling with labeling Elijah elite. I think he is a very good prospect, it’s no knock, I just think elite is strong. Now that doesn’t mean he was wrong here either, we had a good amount of elite talent on campus that weekend. I personally think this is Simmons. Kid came here somewhat interested and left really interested. Not saying we get but we are on the short list.

Canes Talk June 19

Interesting stuff on tonight's show

• Is Nesta an impact LB? There are some that don't think so.
  • There are a couple guys coming this weekend that you *think* we don't have a shot at.
  • Max/Flo say Hayes biggest strength is his speed. The name Spence came up as a potential comparison at LB.
  • Flo says 25 OL is very deep. Comparable to 23.
  • Flo say this should NOT be considered a prediction, more of a gut feel. We end up with three 5* on the DL and one 5* WR
  • Max said the thought the next commit would be Scott (don't worry Max, we're not tracking your predictions, LOL)

Predictions

• Our next commit will be a WR
  • Would be shocked if Gators stay in Top 10 after their upcoming season (and corresponding decommits)
  • Our class will finish in the Top 10

Last edited:
I personally think this is Simmons. Kid came here somewhat interested and left really interested. Not saying we get but we are on the short list.
They said on the show that the prediction was met and literally read off our list on CIS. Lofton was the only commit so far from that weekend so it has to be him. Not to bring up the whole whale discussion again but the staff values him very highly.

Advertisement
Back