Miami Flo's Predictions

Advertisement
To be clear, I think what @lindend is trying to do here is a legitimate undertaking and a benefit to fans. Putting in the work to track the accuracy of potential UM insiders that some fans are on the fence about is ultimately good for UM fans. And, personally, while I think Flo is often vague and somewhat repetitive at times, I have no doubt he is a legit Cane fan (he doesn't put info out that the program doesn't want out) pushing positive content, and has shown me enough that I believe he has sources in (or at least around) the program. I just think if predictions are going to be tracked, we should be tracking objectively verifiable predictions and not the overly-vague stuff. That's all.
I have never listened to Flo and only know about him through this board, but I think something like this (the Stafford prediction), where him and D$ day the same thing shows that he likely does have contacts in the Hecht (or he knows someone who does) since we know D$ does, but that does not necessarily mean that those contacts are always going to be right.

For example, let's say a contact in the Hecht feels really good Miami is going to get a commitment from a kid, tells D$, Flo, Cribby, etc, they then hint at it to the board and then that kid changes his mind; does that mean that D$, Flo, Cribby, etc gave out wrong info? Not in my opinion, but some will take that one 'miss' and discount everything else that they have relayed.

I look at this and say to myself not "Stafford is going to be great and if he isnt I will never trust D$/Flo again" but rather "several people have now said to be on the look out for Stafford, the coaches must think he is doing well and there is a good change he will be a surprise. Then again, we have heard that about other players who turn out to just be greentree all-americans so I while I am excited about the potential, I am also in wait and see mode"

Advertisement
I have never listened to Flo and only know about him through this board, but I think something like this (the Stafford prediction), where him and D$ day the same thing shows that he likely does have contacts in the Hecht (or he knows someone who does) since we know D$ does, but that does not necessarily mean that those contacts are always going to be right.

For example, let's say a contact in the Hecht feels really good Miami is going to get a commitment from a kid, tells D$, Flo, Cribby, etc, they then hint at it to the board and then that kid changes his mind; does that mean that D$, Flo, Cribby, etc gave out wrong info? Not in my opinion, but some will take that one 'miss' and discount everything else that they have relayed.

I look at this and say to myself not "Stafford is going to be great and if he isnt I will never trust D$/Flo again" but rather "several people have now said to be on the look out for Stafford, the coaches must think he is doing well and there is a good change he will be a surprise. Then again, we have heard that about other players who turn out to just be greentree all-americans so I while I am excited about the potential, I am also in wait and see mode"

Did you listen to D$ on the CIS Live from last night? He literally named almost every new arrival as someone the staff is high on. Fletcher is the truth... Allen looks good so far... Harrell is impressing... Kirk looks serious... Pulliam is big and athletic... Stafford looks like a baller... Because what else do we expect staffers to say this time of year? It's laughing gas season. The on key difference is D$ doesn't try and make it sound like some "prediction," he just tells you what he's hearing from staffers.

But by stating the players names, he will out the sources to those within the program
I dont have a problem with FLO and I have stated my opinion here strictly because there has been an ongoing thread on him. Plenty of insiders for a lack of a better term put names to their predictions. Sure there are times when they cant but when they can they do. This guy is always putting out vague predictions, I know because I am a die hard Canes fan who peruses this board quite often. It just is what it is.

Advertisement
Im the oracle here: " i see big things happen, someone gonna commit! He is big, he is black 🐾🐾🐾🐾. He is 17, he is in high school. Only one parent. By the end of the week, possibly 2 weeks it will be out in the open" Join my discord for more!!!! We live in there

lol Flo is a fan, he supports the program, involved in NIL, talks to the kids, no one should really have an issue with him until/unless he starts doing things to hurt the program. I assume Flo is reading this since he mentioned the "tracker" on one of his shows, so I think the solution could be simple.

If he is just talking generally, his opinion etc. that is fine, it is what we all do on this board, then perhaps at the end of the show he can have a predictions segment where he can make a few predictions. That way there is no confusion over an opinion/general statement (STafford is making a big impression) and a prediction (Stafford will start at CB by mid season) for example, another could be "miami has made a big move with Stone" that is more of an opinion/comment that is not a prediction as oppose to "I predict Stone will be in this class". Obviously not my show and I really dont care, just throwing in .02 since the board likes the keep track, and Flo likes to keep track of his track record on the board that level of clarity could help.

Malik Curtis is one DB that shockingly stayed after the spring.

After that, I don’t know who would be leaving after this season.
I could see Couch leaving as a grad transfer. Davis most likely starts over him this fall.

*Miami Flowe
Here We Go Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
Did you listen to D$ on the CIS Live from last night? He literally named almost every new arrival as someone the staff is high on. Fletcher is the truth... Allen looks good so far... Harrell is impressing... Kirk looks serious... Pulliam is big and athletic... Stafford looks like a baller... Because what else do we expect staffers to say this time of year? It's laughing gas season. The on key difference is D$ doesn't try and make it sound like some "prediction," he just tells you what he's hearing from staffers.
I think we are mostly saying the same thing in regards to the players but that is the same reason I wouldnt hold it against D$ if those players don't pan out b/c I know he is relaying what people in the Hecht are saying and therefore if those players dont produce it is not b/c D$ was wrong, but the rather person telling him was wrong.

Now if Flo is presenting it like he is the one making the evaluations or something like that, then yeah I 100% agree with you. And maybe he is, like I said I don't listen to the show.

Sunday Night Canes Talk June 11

• Miami's in very good position with both Zaquan Patterson and Joshisa "JoJo" Trader. Unless Miami messes up the recruitment or stop recruiting them, they will be Canes
  • Flo says we've gotten five commits so far in June. Implication is there are at least 2 silents.
  • We're in the lead for 3 elite recruits after this weekend
  • We've got serious traction with one elite recruit and he may pop sooner than later [he says he doesn't spoil kids moments before they commit so he's not naming them but the rumors are on the various boards]

Last edited:
Advertisement

• Miami's in very good position with both Zaquan Patterson and Joshisa "JoJo" Trader. Unless they mess up the recruitment or stop recruiting them, they will be Canes
  • Flo says we've gotten five commits so far in June. Implication is there are at least 3 silents.
  • We've got serious traction with one elite recruit and he may pop sooner than later
1686537566512.gif

• Miami's in very good position with both Zaquan Patterson and Joshisa "JoJo" Trader. Unless Miami messes up the recruitment or stop recruiting them, they will be Canes
  • Flo says we've gotten five commits so far in June. Implication is there are at least 3 silents.
  • We've got serious traction with one elite recruit and he may pop sooner than later [he says he doesn't spoil kids moments before they commit so he's not naming them but the rumors are on the various boards]
Philadelphia 76Ers Cooking GIF by NBA

Advertisement
Back