Miami Flo's Predictions

Advertisement
He always hinting on his show how much more info they get on there. Never joined it though. But i do watch the show, usually when im at work.
Usually gives specific info only in the voice chat. Too many people were screenshotting and putting stuff out there

First off, totally agree w/ you that whoops pm are the most legit source out there.

But serious question for you, what value do you feel you get from vague comments? Does it make you feel better or worse hearing about these hypothetical recruiting situations even if you have no clue who it’s about or if/when it will ever even happen?

It’s a totally fair question. Let me turn it around on you. If trustworthy sources are giving you vague comments that things are going bad would you feel worse? I know I would.

Conversely, if trustworthy sources are saying, don’t worry, they’ve got this, I feel better. And I don’t worry. I admit that I’m a Mario homer when it comes to recruiting though. So I am comfortable with the partial information.

Accuracy Tracker: 63% (23/37) [Sample size too small, don't draw conclusions from this percentage]

DatePredictionOutcomeVerdict
6/7JUCO corner likes Miami a lot and a good chance that he picks Miami on FridayCommitted to MiamiHit
6/7Robert Stafford is special, you'll hear his name being mentioned a lot after fall campHighlighted by D$ in the 6/8 Bank. Made huge impression alreadyHit

Advertisement
Accuracy Tracker: 63% (23/37) [Sample size too small, don't draw conclusions from this percentage]

6/7JUCO corner likes Miami a lot and a good chance that he picks Miami on FridayCommitted to MiamiHit
6/7Robert Stafford is special, you'll hear his name being mentioned a lot after fall campHighlighted by D$ in the 6/8 Bank. Made huge impression alreadyHit

That second one... really? We aren't even in fall camp. And anyone can do that about almost any blue chip recruit arriving in the summer.

Popo is special... you'll hear his name mentioned a lot after fall camp.

Fletcher is special... you'll hear his name mentioned a lot after fall camp.

Damari Brown is special... you'll hear his name mentioned a lot after fall camp.

That second one... really? We aren't even in fall camp. And anyone can do that about almost any blue chip recruit arriving in the summer.

Popo is special... you'll hear his name mentioned a lot after fall camp.

Fletcher is special... you'll hear his name mentioned a lot after fall camp.

Damari Brown is special... you'll hear his name mentioned a lot after fall camp.
Fair enough, we'll defer until after fall camp because Flo did say fall in the prediction. But I suspect the answer isn't going to change.

We still don't know who was the secret visitor last weekend who we could be flipping soon.

Fair enough, we'll defer until after fall camp because Flo did say fall in the prediction. But I suspect the answer isn't going to change.

It's simply not a prediction. What constitues "a lot"? Hear his name from whom? On what media? Coaches or people covering the team? Is there an expected correlation between hearing his name and playing time?

It's not a prediction. Here's a prediction: Stafford is special. I expect him to be heavy in the rotation as one of our top 4 CBs by game 6 or 7.

Hear his name after camp? Gimme a break, man.

Advertisement
It's simply not a prediction.
Disagree. Its got a date certain and an event associated with the date. You're taking issue with how do we accurately measure that cause it might be a bit nebulous. My current thoughts on how we measure it is if the beat writers and reporters that cover the team (Gaby, Lake, @Geo305 , @Udynasty etc.) and CIS insiders (@DMoney, @Cribby ) highlight him as someone who stood out in fall camp and expect to make an impact during the season, then it will be a hit.

Disagree. Its got a date certain and an event associated with the date. You're taking issue with how do we accurately measure that cause it might be a bit nebulous. My current thoughts on how we measure it is if the beat writers and reporters that cover the team (Gaby, Lake, @Geo305 , @Udynasty etc.) and CIS insiders (@DMoney, @Cribby ) highlight him as someone who stood out in fall camp and expect to make an impact during the season, then it will be a hit.

There is no meaningful event, as noted by the fact you were prepared to mark it a "hit" because D$ mentioned him on the Bank when Stafford has yet to even participate in one football pracrice with pads on. And it isn't just the measurement that's "a bit nebulous." "You'll hear his name being mentioned a lot...." That is the supposed event. What the **** does that even mean? It lacks sufficient specificity so as to be rendered too vague to track. In other words, the event itself is so nebulous as to be meaningless.

As far as your thoughts on how it is measured, go back to any off-season. Our beat writers are hyping up the majority of our blue chip arrivals every **** year. Meaningless.

I think you are being too eager to "find" predictions.

"After camp, Stafford is a player other people covering the team will be predicting to make an impact." Is that essentially how you view this "prediction"? A prediction that others outside the program will make a positive prediction about the player's prospects for the season?

Advertisement
With all due respect because I appreciate the tremendous amount of work you’re putting into the recruiting processes, why waste your time with this Flo guy? In my view, he’s not proven to be a reliable source. We get plenty of inside info from the likes of D$, Cribby, Brooklyndee and a few others that is as reliable as it gets.

With all due respect because I appreciate the tremendous amount of work you’re putting into the recruiting processes, why waste your time with this Flo guy? In my view, he’s not proven to be a reliable source. We get plenty of inside info from the likes of D$, Cribby, Brooklyndee and a few others that is as reliable as it gets.

To be clear, I think what @lindend is trying to do here is a legitimate undertaking and a benefit to fans. Putting in the work to track the accuracy of potential UM insiders that some fans are on the fence about is ultimately good for UM fans. And, personally, while I think Flo is often vague and somewhat repetitive at times, I have no doubt he is a legit Cane fan (he doesn't put info out that the program doesn't want out) pushing positive content, and has shown me enough that I believe he has sources in (or at least around) the program. I just think if predictions are going to be tracked, we should be tracking objectively verifiable predictions and not the overly-vague stuff. That's all.

Advertisement
I look at it more as is he providing some legit info or is he making stuff up. Hadnt heard any talk about Stafford shinning in early workouts before that, then D$ confirmed hearing the same thing soon after. I dont know if it counts as a "hit" for some chart but it does indicate he at least has some juice with whats going on with the program internally.

Not how he got so polarizing, seems like a guy who cares about the program/players and brings some decent info. Might have some hype and opinion mixed in but so what, as long as he doesn't pull a Frank Tucker I appreciate the extra nuggets in the offseason.

To be clear, I think what @lindend is trying to do here is a legitimate undertaking and a benefit to fans. Putting in the work to track the accuracy of potential UM insiders that some fans are on the fence about is ultimately good for UM fans. And, personally, while I think Flo is often vague and somewhat repetitive at times, I have no doubt he is a legit Cane fan (he doesn't put info out that the program doesn't want out) pushing positive content, and has shown me enough that I believe he has sources in (or at least around) the program. I just think if predictions are going to be tracked, we should be tracking objectively verifiable predictions and not the overly-vague stuff. That's all.
Honestly, I wouldn’t know who Flo was if not for this board. I don’t lend much credence to any guys like him. He may very well be a true Cane fan. So am I. But I’m not out there seeking attention.

So far according to the limited data, Flo seems to be about 60% accurate. Not a reliable source in my view. Many hang on any nugget provided by any “source” for any number of reasons. I believe we’re very fortunate for CIS and it’s reliable sources. All thre test is just noise.

Both sides of the Flo debate are taking this way too seriously. It’s entertainment. I enjoy it even if sometimes it’s vague or puffery. Note: I’ve never listened to his podcast and my assessment is based purely on what is communicated in this Board.

I don’t understand why we get bent out of shape because a ‘Canes fan provides nuggets of information on our program. I also scratch my head why we feel compelled to track his predictions. I don’t track Cribby’s posts but rest assured I pay very close attention to what he has to say.

Let Flo do his thing. I appreciate Lindend for keeping us updated on what Flo is saying.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back