Miami Flo's Predictions

So if a guy is transferring out.... Why keep it a surprise? What, he's going to get mad and stay?
I can think of at least two, but both come down to trust/how it looks to the players on the team:

1. They are trying to convince him to stay and leaking that he is looking at leaving betrays trust (and would also likely bring fan pressure which I am sure they would not appreciate)

2. If they are pushing him out, it would be a bad look to other players on the team if that information is coming out on a podcast before the player gets to release that info on their terms.

Advertisement
I’ll go a step forward, I’m just not sure if Brashard is even a very good player. He is serviceable and flashes talent but reality is he hasn’t made a mark on a team that desperately needs someone to step up at his position. X is a very good player and has made his mark. I think Ray Ray is going to take Brashard’s spot in general, leaving Brashard to be a situational weapon.
X really hasn't made his mark imo. I think he will be good but hasn't really done anything in games since he's been hurt, which obviously isn't really his fault.

X really hasn't made his mark imo. I think he will be good but hasn't really done anything in games since he's been hurt, which obviously isn't really his fault.
He was the best looking WR on the team before he got hurt and was a leader spring and on his 3rd year here. Like you said, the injury was not his fault. The WR room is there for the taking, X is one of the few that has stepped up.

Cribby has already said repeatedly anything we get from Nelson would be a bonus.
I’ve seen that, I’m meaning some actual details to the specific situation. Obviously that stuff wouldn’t come out unless he actually left, but some of these OL situations are real head scratchers for me. Not in a sense that I’m questioning Mario/Mirabal and more in a sense of “what the **** happened?”

Advertisement
My biggest shock is that Brantley is the only one in the portal so far this Spring. I thought we would see at least a handful of departures immediately following the Spring Game given it's a tight window for guys to declare they want to transfer.

Flo said a shocking/surprising name. And don't panic when it happens. So there's that - guessing it's someone perceived to be greatly needed based on the 'don't panic' line. But who knows. What if it's a guy who had a pretty lucrative NIL deal and has underperformed, not warranting a renewed deal at a high number? I can think of a couple who would fall into that category.

Advertisement
I’ve seen that, I’m meaning some actual details to the specific situation. Obviously that stuff wouldn’t come out unless he actually left, but some of these OL situations are real head scratchers for me. Not in a sense that I’m questioning Mario/Mirabal and more in a sense of “what the **** happened?”
Not sure we will ever get the real answer but agree the whole thing has been weird.

nelson
James Williams
Kelly
Citizen
Arroyo
LT
Rivers

Wouldn’t doubt any of the above

Advertisement
nelson
James Williams
Kelly
Citizen
Arroyo
LT
Rivers

Kelly? IDK about our depth there, that would be a massive loss if it happened.

Its supposed to be a surprising name and that would qualify. But we're supposed to be ok too if it happened. We most definitely would not be ok if he left.

Last edited:
Advertisement
nelson
James Williams
Kelly
Citizen
Arroyo
LT
Rivers

LT and Kelly would be shocking

Arroyo would sting but whatever

Citizen who cares?

Williams isn’t good but safety depth isn’t good as is

We've reportedly been looking to add a CB. Seems like we're in on Jaden Davis, hopefully another above 5'10. Maybe Graves goes in search for some PT elsewhere?

Advertisement
Back