Miami FIU brawl replay

I got free tickets to this game but had to sit in the FIU section.

The best part was when the cops came in through the west end zone on horses!! and surrounded the perimeter of the stands and started jumping in to the stands OFF the horses to break up fights that were continuously happening between fans.

The fights in the stands were way worse than the fights on the field

Advertisement
Miami -FIU brawl...oh we're worse thing since Genghis Khan...South Carolina-Clemson brawl that same week...nothing.

The South Carolina Clemson brawl was 2 years earlier.

That brawl does look worse than I realized. But the USCe-Clemson brawl was at the end of the regular season, which prevented ESPN from being able to reshow it for the rest of the season. (Especially since USCe and Clemson refused bowl bids, meaning that ESPN couldn’t even reshow it during bowl season.) And that brawl got overshadowed by the Malice in the Palace, which occurred a day or 2 earlier.

The worst brawl ever was an FCS brawl where a player swung a sledgehammer, or at least threatened to do so. (God only knows why he even had a sledgehammer at the game.) Granted that gained little attention, since it was FCS.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I had to talk my friend into going last minute with the promise I would pay for parking and Casola's. Opening kickoff FIU was already chippy and I remember turning to him saying that and I would not be surprised if there was a fight during the game. I have been to Wide Lefts, Wide Rights, national title games, road games all over. This was about the craziest thing I have ever seen. The rest of the game you would see armies of yellow jackets running all over to break up fights.

TVs missed the best shot of the fight too. They had a player swinging his crutch around midfield. Lance Leggett was removed from it by a coach, who then ran off to break up something else. As soon as that coach left, LL took a quick look around, and a running start from about the 20 yard line at the east end zone and caught the guy swinging his crutch clean on the chin. Put him right to sleep.

I had to talk my friend into going last minute with the promise I would pay for parking and Casola's. Opening kickoff FIU was already chippy and I remember turning to him saying that and I would not be surprised if there was a fight during the game. I have been to Wide Lefts, Wide Rights, national title games, road games all over. This was about the craziest thing I have ever seen. The rest of the game you would see armies of yellow jackets running all over to break up fights.

TVs missed the best shot of the fight too. They had a player swinging his crutch around midfield. Lance Leggett was removed from it by a coach, who then ran off to break up something else. As soon as that coach left, LL took a quick look around, and a running start from about the 20 yard line at the east end zone and caught the guy swinging his crutch clean on the chin. Put him right to sleep.
The best catch of his career!

Crazy how terrible the quality of film is from just a decade ago. Imagine if this happened today, between the number of cameras, quality of video, and people filming on their phones.

Advertisement
I love brawls as long as we win, like this and against Florida. Hate to lose like we did to LSU, the dirty ba$tards.

literally the best thing he ever did in his career

Advertisement
Advertisement
Remember the radio announcers saying, "You know who'll be blamed for this.....". Remember BSPN was screaming about it for months. ********.

Advertisement
Back