Miami first offer for Alabama DT Hoyett

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
It’s no secret that Miami needs defensive tackles badly in this class. The latest name to pop up on the board for the ‘Canes is Pelham, Alabama DT Braxton Hoyett (6’3”, 280), who received his first offer from Miami yesterday.

“I talked to Coach Franklin about a week ago and he told me to give him a call whenever I needed anything and then yesterday I was at a Rivals Camp, and he told me to call him right after that. He told me he really liked my film and liked what I did with my size and he offered me a scholarship. I was ecstatic because it was my first one,” said Hoyett.

Hoyett broke down the schools that have been recruiting him as of late.

“Mississippi State has been showing me a lot of interest because they were the first team to actually talk to me. I have Ole Miss, Georgia Tech, and Missouri talking to me too. Miami is the new school I’m looking at because I had talked to their D-Line coach and he said he could offer me soon, but then it actually came so I’m excited about that.”

Some ‘Canes fans may be skeptical about Miami’s chances to land a defensive tackle out of the heart of SEC country, but Hoyett says he will be legitimately considering the Hurricanes.

“I’m just now starting to look into Miami and I’m looking into going down there in June. It’s one of the schools I will consider and if I like it down there then I’m gonna commit.”

What other schools is the Alabama product hoping to hear from?

“I was looking at Auburn and Georgia. Auburn was actually the school I always wanted to go to and had my mind set on, but they never showed interest.”

When asked to describe his strengths on the field, Hoyett had this to say.

“Most coaches say it’s my motor because I always get to the football and I have really good footwork for my size too.”

Here are Hoyett's highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/722988/braxton-hoyett

Advertisement
I said it in the other thread, and I will say it again. Local kid here in B'ham. If he still shows interest this fall, would be happy to do some recon. Pelham is about 25 minutes from me.

I said it in the other thread, and I will say it again. Local kid here in B'ham. If he still shows interest this fall, would be happy to do some recon. Pelham is about 25 minutes from me.
This same kid? Wow glad you got info on him but do you see anyway we could get and keep him?

I like we are beating the bushes for DT's. With local kids like Moten not knowing history or knowing he is just wanted for entertainment purposes only at the Good Ol' Boy institution we need to find those hidden gems. His film looks good. Good footwork. Never gets pushed back and seems to have good speed for an interior lineman. Will easily be a 300 pounder. That said unlikely we get a country boy to Miami although he said he'll commit if he likes on his visit. We have to close on Trevonte Valentine, Khairi Clark and Chad Thomas or we'll never have a legitimate D-Front. Its do or die on the field and recruiting "high quality" DLinemen or relieve D'Onofrio of his acting as a D-Coordinator job. Has Jacoby Briscoe or the Las Vegas kid shown any promise?

I like we are beating the bushes for DT's. With local kids like Moten not knowing history or knowing he is just wanted for entertainment purposes only at the Good Ol' Boy institution we need to find those hidden gems. His film looks good. Good footwork. Never gets pushed back and seems to have good speed for an interior lineman. Will easily be a 300 pounder. That said unlikely we get a country boy to Miami although he said he'll commit if he likes on his visit. We have to close on Trevonte Valentine, Khairi Clark and Chad Thomas or we'll never have a legitimate D-Front. Its do or die on the field and recruiting "high quality" DLinemen or relieve D'Onofrio of his acting as a D-Coordinator job. Has Jacoby Briscoe or the Las Vegas kid shown any promise?

Briscoe has been moved to OG and Grimble hasn't done a thing since he's been here... never even mentioned in anything I see... wasted scholarship if ya ask me

Advertisement

Briscoe has been moved to OG and Grimble hasn't done a thing since he's been here... never even mentioned in anything I see... wasted scholarship if ya ask me

I think Grimble was listed as the backup DE in the last depth chart behind Chickillo.

This same kid? Wow glad you got info on him but do you see anyway we could get and keep him?

http://canesinsight.com/threads/52146-Miami-offers-Braxton-Hoyett

Thread killa posted his highlights in there. I don't have any info on the dude, but with the hammer possibly coming down with Auburn, I think it could open the book on getting some of these kids up here to think outside the box. Tuscaloosa can't get em all. Jameis Winston came from Hueytown on the west side of Birmingham so it's possible. Gunther is a Montgomery kid. If there is one thing Alabama does have, it's big uglies, and the men too.

Still wont get my hopes up for a kid from Bama, not for a while at least

Advertisement
Grimble got some work in some formations at de last year.....and to be honest...the kid set the edge better than Chick.

That might be Gimbles spot as a JUMBO DE for us..because he is a tweener but not that strong at dt.

Wont get my hopes out on a kid from bama....but do what BAMA does an just offer **** near every big name dt in the country..cast a wide net and see what u can real in.

Until Bama offers I'm not sure if this kid is legit. Saban doesn't let stud DT's in his backyard get away.

Of course if they do offer, he probably goes to Bama with almost every other B'ham recruit they want.

Catch 22

Advertisement
Back