Miami Finalizes 2020 Nonconference Schedule

View as article
No they’re not. Wagner had a better record last year than Savannah St and they’re in a tougher conference. This is the ultimate dumbass argument though. They’re both high school teams. A literal scrimmage, at best. Same like EVERY SINGLE TEAM plays once a year. It’s only because half the people here have heard of Savannah St and Bethune that the crying is louder now.

And thats a perfectly legitimate argument. For **** sakes, play a scrub that Ive heard of.

Ive been following college football for 40+ years. I watch 8-12 games a week, every week and will watch over half of the bowl games and the 1AA (FCS) playoffs. Ive never heard of Wagner fcuking college until this traveshamockery of a schedule was announced.

Advertisement
And thats a perfectly legitimate argument. For **** sakes, play a scrub that Ive heard of.

Ive been following college football for 40+ years. I watch 8-12 games a week, every week and will watch over half of the bowl games and the 1AA (FCS) playoffs. Ive never heard of Wagner fcuking college until this traveshamockery of a schedule was announced.

Miami beat Savannah State 77-0 last year, but since you’ve heard of them, it’s ok and playing Wagner is the worst thing that’s ever happened. Yep. There you go. Definitely a rational, intelligent argument.

CORAL GABLES, Fla. – The University of Miami football program announced Wednesday that it has finalized its nonconference schedule for the 2020 season.

The Hurricanes will host three nonconference opponents at Hard Rock Stadium during the month of September, and travel to Michigan State on Sept. 26.

Miami will kick off the 2020 campaign by hosting Temple on Sept. 5. The former BIG EAST Conference rivals last met in 2005, a 34-3 Hurricanes win. UM leads the all-time series, 13-1.

Miami will then host Wagner on Sept. 12, the first meeting between the schools. On Sept. 19, the Hurricanes host UAB, also for the first time in school history.

The Hurricanes then head to East Lansing, Mich., for their first meeting with the Spartans since 1989. Miami leads the all-time series with MSU, 4-0. This will mark UM’s first regular season game against a Big Ten opponent since a 2015 win over Nebraska.

I'm wondering if it's a home and home with MSU ,I'm still waiting for Mich. to come to town after we beat them on there turf years ago. 2020 we may be at full potency for a NC run MSU I don't think ever had a direct hit by a Hurricane 2020 may be deadly like no other LMAO.

GOCANES

I'm wondering if it's a home and home with MSU ,I'm still waiting for Mich. to come to town after we beat them on there turf years ago. 2020 we may be at full potency for a NC run MSU I don't think ever had a direct hit by a Hurricane 2020 may be deadly like no other LMAO.

GOCANES

It is. They come here in 2021

Advertisement
Advertisement

pay them out of pocket from your funds then.

Ateast we not playing against Miami Northwestern or Booker T. 🤷🏾‍♂️😔

Advertisement
Wagner??? Get Serious.

I am serious. And don’t call me Wagner.

6a00d834543b6069e20147e039eb76970b-pi

Good luck selling season tickets to see Wagner, UAB, Temple.

Saturday
Sep. 5
Temple Football ScheduleTemple OwlsHard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FLTime TBA ETTV TBA
Saturday
Sep. 12
Wagner Football ScheduleWagner SeahawksHard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FLTime TBA ETTV TBA
Saturday
Sep. 19
UAB Football ScheduleUAB BlazersHard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FLTime TBA ETTV TBA
Saturday
Sep. 26
Michigan State Football Scheduleat Michigan State SpartansSpartan Stadium, East Lansing, MITime TBA ETTV TBA

Scheduling games isn't what it used to be because conferences are so much more important now. Win our conference and we'll likely be in the playoffs. We don't have that stupid SOS argument playing the hugely subjective role it used to. That's what kept us from the championship in 2000.

Right now the ACC in general and the Coastal specifically are weak. That wasn't always the case and it likely won't stay that way. Enjoy it while you've got it.

Advertisement
Take Wagner away and replace it with FIU or FAU and it would be a fine OoC.

Temple is a very solid non P5 program.
UAB is a perennial bowl team.

Sure, those home games will probably draw 30k, but they aren't bad teams. Wagner on the other hand? That **** is embarrassing, I don't disagree.

Advertisement
Back