miami fans showin up

A million people in NC are either from Florida or are part timeNC/part time FL. Big year for us with Wake, Clem and UNC.

The family from who I bought my central Florida house moved to NC as well.
I've been hearing of people moving to NC from south Florida going back to the 1980s,
especially after things went crazy down there, but I had no idea it was that many.
Wow.
 
Yet zero mentions from the POS ESPN commentators.
I had to go out of the room to check only kid when JJ got the pick six and from the sound of the crowd I thought Clemson had done something...thats how loud and well represented UM was


By the time of Dunnigan's pick, I am fairly certain there were more Miami fans in the stadium than Clemson fans.

No exaggeration. Straight facts.
 
A random Clemson fan said this to me in line for the men's room at halftime: "Dang, Cane. I guess y'all Canes go away games more than you do home games."

I casually said, "We go to home games too. Don't believe what ESPN tells you." We had a brief laugh as ESPN is the common enemy of all non-SEC college football fans. But that tells you how surprised Clemson fans were about Miami's presence in the stands.

It was tough to tell visually because Clemson also wear's orange, but you could definitely hear the Canes fans cheering, especially in the second half.
 
Took my son for his first away game. Had a great time. Got home at 2am.


Did you happen to get stuck waiting for a shuttle bus when the rain storm hit?

I was parked at Seneca Meadows, the dirt lot that Clemson gave to the Canes United tailgate group (2 miles from the stadium). The line for the shuttle was 90+ minutes long. The rain storm rolled in about 30 minutes after the game ended. We had to stand in line for over an hour in the pouring rain. Didnt get back to our hotel in Greenville until 2:30AM. Completely soaked..... and loving life! :neonu:
 
Took my son for his first away game. Had a great time. Got home at 2am.


Did you happen to get stuck waiting for a shuttle bus when the rain storm hit?

I was parked at Seneca Meadows, the dirt lot that Clemson gave to the Canes United tailgate group (2 miles from the stadium). The line for the shuttle was 90+ minutes long. The rain storm rolled in about 30 minutes after the game ended. We had to stand in line for over an hour in the pouring rain. Didnt get back to our hotel in Greenville until 2:30AM. Completely soaked..... and loving life! :neonu:
we saw that line and walked back to the lot. rain started as soon as we got in the car
 
A random Clemson fan said this to me in line for the men's room at halftime: "Dang, Cane. I guess y'all Canes go away games more than you do home games."

I casually said, "We go to home games too. Don't believe what ESPN tells you." We had a brief laugh as ESPN is the common enemy of all non-SEC college football fans. But that tells you how surprised Clemson fans were about Miami's presence in the stands.

It was tough to tell visually because Clemson also wear's orange, but you could definitely hear the Canes fans cheering, especially in the second half.

There’s some truth behind it; big city, lots of events, who cares about FAMU? Etc

But, fans routinely get settled from the lot after the initial camera crew images from the start of the game. I always get a text from an FSU buddy a few minutes before kickoff clowning the crowd images.

I can definitely see where the perception comes from with the media narrative. But it’s exaggerated. Last season we were up there in overall attendance for the season.
 
There’s some truth behind it; big city, lots of events, who cares about FAMU? Etc

But, fans routinely get settled from the lot after the initial camera crew images from the start of the game. I always get a text from an FSU buddy a few minutes before kickoff clowning the crowd images.

I can definitely see where the perception comes from with the media narrative. But it’s exaggerated. Last season we were up there in overall attendance for the season.


I routinely find myself walking into a game at Hard Rock, walking past tons of people still tailgating 45 minutes before kickoff. I wanna yell at these people, "Hey the game starts in 45 minutes. Start breaking down your stuff and get in there!!" It's like they all want to wait until mid 1st quarter to get to their seats.
 
I watched a couple mins. of the podcast with Dmoney and that Gator girl. Reminded me why I never watch. She couldn't understand the difference between a national brand and her regional branded team.
 
Back
Top