Miami fans & recruiting

eliteproxy

Junior
When did Miami fans turn in to such spoiled Bltches??!

1. Coker and RS took this program from a consistent top 5 team to the dump
2. Golden is trying to build it back up and it takes time and during this phase you don't always get what you want
3. Golden & Company recruited Sony and every other top guy form this area, we got some we lost some.
4. Even though we know the NCAA situation is all but done, recruits and their parents don't! Specially when they have other coaches talking smack
5. WE are just fans, we go to games, cheer, talk smack. The work is being done by the players and the coaches.
6. UM is not a big state school and we can't buy players like the SEC .. specially now so get ready for local top talent heading out to SEC school for the next few years + because of this..... admit it.. except it.. and move on.
7. Alex Fig...the kid came in with 3 stars and is already a starter.. .works hard, and will make a difference at a much needed D

I went to Miami from 2000-2004.. i got used to winning every game pretty much. We are NOT that program anymore, BUT we are on path to become that program. So stop you winning and your bs analysis of how Golden is recruiting and why w are not getting some of the top talents.

Also, welcome to the world of social media and internet. Everything you write, people and recruits read it.

I remember during the Alex Collins recruiting Arkansas fans all you heard was positive towards Alex, it was annoying, at times could of been considered harassment, but still positive. You can have your opinion but until they sign I recommend not calling them names or if they don't pick Miami start pretending we didn't want/ need them.

Today most likely Sony will pick UGA. (yes there is hope we may not but from everything that is being said he is going to commit to UGA)..... on NSD Sony could end up in Wisconsin for all we know.

We have Yeaby!
I don't know about any of you but when I saw that hudle video of him breaking MT6's ankles it made my day. We have him and lets home he sticks.

In conclusion.
Stop acting like if Golden doesn't pull a top 5 class 10 months before NSD its over. Stop moaning how we didn't get MT6 or AC or whoever else. Be happy that we flipped Artie Burns (my favorite recruit!), Carter, Fig, Boe & a guy like Standish Dobard who is so excited to be a cane we won't shut up about it. those are the type of guys we need.

remember, Keith Bryant, Alex Collins were both committed to Miami around this time last year and other top guys we got now were looking at other schools..

take this to the bank.. if we have a great season we get Yearby + (Cook or Sony) if we have a bad season be lucky we got Yearby.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Big time players like Sony, who is in our backyard we should never miss on.

We have ALWAYS, even when we were winning every game, missed out on top local talent.

We have been recruiting him since 8th grade, since the 8th grade Miami has gone through NCAA bs, OC left, RB coach left.

Until Miami is a top 5 program again, get used to losing top talent here and there.

And the N(S)C(E)A(C)A Will do their best to keep us down to poach away whoever they want.

Advertisement

We have ALWAYS, even when we were winning every game, missed out on top local talent.

We have been recruiting him since 8th grade, since the 8th grade Miami has gone through NCAA bs, OC left, RB coach left.

Until Miami is a top 5 program again, get used to losing top talent here and there.

So true i remember my brother best friend Courtney "coco" Young was USA today player of the year #1 DT in the country signed with the U had to go juco ended up @ butler then transferred to San fran city Juco then decommited and decided to go to Indiana Hoosiers out of all schools to start his own legacy. He back home in Bartow now coaching you ask him if he had the chance would he make the same decision again if he could go back and he says yep, is ure would. It happens sometimes and the U went on to dominate still.

So true i remember my brother best friend Courtney "coco" Young was USA today player of the year #1 DT in the country signed with the U had to go juco ended up @ butler then transferred to San fran city Juco then decommited and decided to go to Indiana Hoosiers out of all schools to start his own legacy. He back home in Bartow now coaching you ask him if he had the chance would he make the same decision again if he could go back and he says yep, is ure would. It happens sometimes and the U went on to dominate still.

Don't think he was USA Today player of the year or #1 DT from my memory. Been a while since I thought about him, though. Same class as Kendrick Barrett and Antwain Joyce :)

First and foremost it is still very early and the fact remains that even if we had gone into the summer with every SF stud committed it would have all been for naught if we didn't win this fall. I still think that holds true with us whiffing on Cook n Sony,if we win we will collect. Now to your statement that we always lost top talent down here; yes we always lost top talent down here, but we won a good majority of them though. Since NSD it has been rather rough though, as we are losing more than winning now. I like being positive but let's not start to rationalize here though. We are almost a step away from the rationalizing levels of the 2010 class, the last time SF was this loaded. You know; Perry has more upside than Lemonier, Payne is the CB at STA, we stole two studs in Davis and Nelson right from Urban, etc......

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];1490515 said:

Hahahahahahaha. YEA BECAUSE WE PAY LIKE THE SEC.

I am not going to use that as an excuse every time we lose a big time player. We have got our share of big time talent with SEC offers as well. Some of these kids might be getting paid but some of them probably aren't.

crossover22[]_[];1490515 said:

Hahahahahahaha. YEA BECAUSE WE PAY LIKE THE SEC.

I am not going to use that as an excuse every time we lose a big time player. We have got our share of big time talent with SEC offers as well. Some of these kids might be getting paid but some of them probably aren't.

pretty much. a guy like duke johnson or stacey coley had offers from tons of sec schools. olson had a bama offer iirc and artie burns was committed to bama and saban wanted him badly. so did miami outbid alabama for burns? or did the sec schools just decide to not pay the kids that they offered who ended up at miami? that 'they got paid' explanation is such sour grapes bull****.

as is the claim that sec schools are just now recruiting south florida. for one, players have always left south florida, its nothing new. secondly, sec teams are NOT filled with tons of south florida players, so i have no idea where people are getting this idea that sec teams are just living in south florida paying off players. bama has like 4 florida players on their team lol.

Advertisement
Back