Miami expects full exoneration after turning over records to

Some coaches and other personnel at some of the schools are being fired. JUST NOT OURS

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Larranaga has a BIG ****

Yes and he’s slapping the face of several of our porsters with his big kak.

Of course, being the cowards that they are, they won’t show back up here, they only wanted to spread gloom and doom. Good news? They’re nowhere to be found

You're talking about me. I'm here, and you're the coward for calling everyone you disagree with a "cūnt" prematurely. I was being pragmatic, and still am. Jalen Carey has still eliminated us over this mess. That and Nassir Little almost certainly won't be coming here. What we're left with is an empty cupboard that will be filled up with subpar talent. We might get one or two four stars, but not the kind that will come in and make us top 15 next year. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but ******* with a basketball recruiting class when your 3 best players are leaving is a big deal, and worthy of discussing. Neither you nor I still know what will come of this. The FBI could find still something. But calling everyone a "cūnt" for being fearful over an FBI investigation is petulant.

Yep, you’re one of the pussies I was talking about.

Cry some more, bītch. I’m sure you’re very disappointed this isn’t turning into the disaster you were getting a chub about.

The Dunning–Kruger effect is real strong with you. There's no arguing because you're going to resort to puerile name calling. Anyone who feared the worst wouldn't come back because we're "cowards" and now I'm a b*tch because I came back? Strong logic.

Your rhetoric is literally always "you're a , you want us to fail" for discussing any possible negative implications of anything. In the hurricane thread you're ripping people for saying we may have to move the game or cancel it. You're cancer to this board. The people upvoting you now don't realize you're always trying to portray this always optimistic smokescreen and if anyone ever disagrees they're a .

LOL, save your psychobabble for the inadequate, low–functioning fūcktards that would be swayed by science-lite psychology.

Your approach wasn’t about possibility, it was about probability. You were anxiously pimping your worst case scenario like it was a foregone conclusion.

I only go hard against really stupid people, or really stupid opinions. You were two for two on those counts. You were the one with the hardened opinion, my approach was it’s way too early for any kind of a strong opinion either way. Reread the posts.

Also on what planet is it true that you can only recruit 2 basketball players and if you don’t get those two, there’s nobody else good to get. Yep, you’re not just a cūnt, but a pretentious and delusional cūnt at that

LOL, save your psychobabble for the inadequate, low–functioning fūcktards that would be swayed by science-lite psychology.

Your approach wasn’t about possibility, it was about probability. You were anxiously pimping your worst case scenario like it was a foregone conclusion.

I only go hard against really stupid people, or really stupid opinions. You were two for two on those counts. You were the one with the hardened opinion, my approach was it’s way too early for any kind of a strong opinion either way. Reread the posts.

Also on what planet is it true that you can only recruit 2 basketball players and if you don’t get those two, there’s nobody else good to get. Yep, you’re not just a cūnt, but a pretentious and delusional cūnt at that

I don't have to reread the posts.

Larranaga consistently gets 4 stars but it still takes a junior and senior-laden team for us to be good under normal circumstances. Look at our basketball history if you don't believe me. Durand Scott, Anthony Lawrence, Ja'Quan Newton, Kenny Kadji, Davon Reed, and more were all 4 stars that couldn't take us anywhere until they were juniors and seniors.

The teams we compete with get those same 4 stars, and the blue chips get 5 star guaranteed draft picks every cycle. We were poised to be contending for a top 15 recruiting class every year, but this sets us back. Lose our top 2 recruits and it takes much longer to rebuild. Get the Bruce Browns and Lonnie Walkers and you're automatically a top 15 team. We'll be replacing them with kids ranked in the 80-200s now.

Over 90% of the top 10 basketball recruits are drafted, most of them the next year. And something like 80% of the rest of the top 30 are drafted. We get Nassir Little we'd be a top 15 team next year cause he'll be a lottery pick the following year. We don't, we have to develop the 80th-200th ranked player for 3 years before he's nearly as good. If he's lucky he'll go in the second round as a senior like Davon who was ranked around 100, or in the second half of the 1st like Sheldon Mcclellan who was 45th.

Rarely do you get a guy ranked 50+ who can lead your team to the tourney in his first 2 years. It's cut and dry.

Dunning-Kruger isn't psychobabble. You exemplify it.

"my approach was it’s way too early for any kind of a strong opinion either way"
So you call anyone that disagrees with you a "cūnt". Nice dude, really hope you don't push away everyone in your personal life that disagrees like you do on this board. Kind of sad, actually.

Last edited:
This board needs to be better at discussing things.

There is a contingent on this board, exemplified by [MENTION=7203]OriginalCanesCanesCanes[/MENTION], who can't have a reasoned conversation about anything because at the first impression of anything even resembling negativity they grab their pitchforks and label you a ****wit, cvnt, troll, somebody who roots against our team.

I've followed this team long enough to know that sunshine and lollipops are rarely at the end of the rainbow, so it's smarter to approach things with a discerning, sometimes skeptical, eye. Watch, read things, and then analyze the output all your own, formulate a unique opinion. Don't walk blindly into the sun.

I'm bullish about this team, about recruiting, about the direction of our program, and so often, OCanes, I agree with your posts, your relentless optimism. I start to like you because I forget that you're an idiot.

For example, when I say I think Mike Smith is a wooden, step-too-late linebacker and then you demand my Cane card for it because it's something other than aggressive, blind, thoughtless optimism, I know you're an idiot. (And hey, so far, and sadly, I've been right.)

When I see you puff your bird chest and call out [MENTION=2719]cowboycane[/MENTION], a guy I went to Miami with, because he's still a little worried about the investigation, I know you're an idiot.

When I see you pick (and lose) a fight with [MENTION=1062]jhtheking[/MENTION], a reasonable dude who's been here longer than you, I know you're an idiot.

Be better, bro. We're (almost) all Canes fans.

Advertisement
Put your top hat on, pull on your spats, and sūck my dlck.

I call out stupidity exactly the way I want to.

Don’t like it, don’t read it - I ain’t changing.

And to set the record straight, a sunshine pumper I’m not. Actually far from it. I joined this board to rag on golden, unfortunately whenever it was I joined 5 years ago, there was plenty of sunshine pumping for those idiots right here. I could barely stand to log on.

But I will not stop calling people out when they try to spread uneducated and an unfounded doom and gloom. How about a little balance? Do I need to go back and go through the posts where these pussies were assuring us that the basketball program was ****ed? Like it was the only reasonable future option?

Feel free to post exactly the way you want, and I’m gonna post exactly the fūcking way I want.

OJ's lawyer constantly insisted OJ was innocent. Shouted it from the mountain tops.

Just because a lawyer claims his client is innocent doesn't mean the case is closed. We still have no idea if our program is in the clear.

OJ's lawyer constantly insisted OJ was innocent. Shouted it from the mountain tops.

Just because a lawyer claims his client is innocent doesn't mean the case is closed. We still have no idea if our program is in the clear.

OJ was innocent ************

OJ was innocent ************

I knew that as soon as he uttered the words, "Absolutely 100% not guilty" when the judge initially asked for his plea.

Advertisement
I'm curious - is OrignalCanesCanesCanes the same person as CanesFan from the Grassy era who was then OriginalCanesFan in the post-grassy era of the same boards? The tone of your posts is similar but some of your insult are a little more low-brow than I ever saw from OriginalCanesfan.

No it doesn't, but that’s not my point.

Anything is still on the table, from very bad to a full resolution. As more time passes, the more I think that it bodes well. My gut tells me that maybe other than for a couple of schools, hopefully not us, the NCAA wants this out of the news

But what is true is there are only 2 possible recruits out of thousands that will allow us to have a good season, assuming they’re gone.

I'm curious - is OrignalCanesCanesCanes the same person as CanesFan from the Grassy era who was then OriginalCanesFan in the post-grassy era of the same boards? The tone of your posts is similar but some of your insult are a little more low-brow than I ever saw from OriginalCanesfan.

Never posted on grassy, just know about it. I think that was during the dialup modem era and character based computing, I think GUI’s were just getting off the ground then.

Anything is still on the table, from very bad to a full resolution. As more time passes, the more I think that it bodes well. My gut tells me that maybe other than for a couple of schools, hopefully not us, the NCAA wants this out of the news

But what is true is there are only 2 possible recruits out of thousands that will allow us to have a good season, assuming they’re gone.

Only smart play here is: Wait and see. There's absolutely nothing to be gleaned from anything this early in the legal process.

As for the NCAA, I'm sure you're right that the last thing they want is a large scale disaster with their cash cow.

Advertisement
A little over a week since the FBI handed down charges to 10 individuals in and around college basketball, including four assistant coaches, Miami – a school believed to have been referenced in the documents but not charged – is reportedly expecting to be fully exonerated.

According to the Miami Herald, head coach Jim Larranaga's attorney, Stuart Grossman, says they've been going over phone records and other documents with school counsel and are expecting to be absolved in the matter.

"Coach L has done absolutely nothing wrong, and neither have his assistants," Grossman told the Herald. "Never was he approached about a payment. He never spoke to any recruit or Adidas representative about a payment. If someone used his name, it was done in vain.

"Coach L has no idea what this matter is about, other than what he read in the complaint, and he believes none of his assistants were involved in any wrongdoing whatsoever. We hope for a swift conclusion in this matter, but dealing with the government takes time."

Only smart play here is: Wait and see. There's absolutely nothing to be gleaned from anything this early in the legal process.

As for the NCAA, I'm sure you're right that the last thing they want is a large scale disaster with their cash cow.

And for people wondering why Coach L, or anybody else, is only talking through a lawyer, I don’t need to tell you, of all people, you already know.

The Virgin Mary should only speak through a mouthpiece when it’s the government/FBI and the words conspiracy, and implied intent, are being thrown around. You already know the ham sandwich parable.

Advertisement
The Herald posted the article yesterday

A week has passed since the FBI unsealed indictments against 10 people following a sweeping probe of alleged corruption in college basketball; and it remains unclear what role — if any — a University of Miami coach played in the bribery scandal.

UM coach Jim Larrañaga, through his attorney Stuart Z. Grossman, insists that he and his assistants are innocent and never discussed any payments to recruits. They are going over their phone records and other documents with school counsel, and expect to be exonerated.

“Coach L has done absolutely nothing wrong, and neither have his assistants,” Grossman told the Miami Herald on Tuesday. “Never was he approached about a payment. He never spoke to any recruit or Adidas representative about a payment. If someone used his name, it was done in vain.

Read more here: University of Miami basketball coaches hope for "swift conclusion" to FBI corruption probe | Miami Herald

You should know never to use the L's name in vain.

jimlmiami.gif

**** I love this video!

"they've been going over phone records and other documents with school counsel"

The above language is what caught my eye and added weight to Stuart Grossman's comments. If his comments were false I suspect UM officials would be furious, which would not bode well for Coach 'L'.

We might have had a rogue assistant. Happens all the time. Lot of pressure on assistants to produce in recruiting. Not saying this is true here. Head coach can still be found in violation if an assistant goes off alone and violates a rule.

Advertisement
Back