Miami DT commit Munoz gives thoughts on UM official visit

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
St. Thomas Aquinas DT Jason Munoz has been a Miami Hurricane commitment since June and, ever since, has absolutely been one of the most solid commits in the 2019 class. Munoz has taken no visits to other schools and has shut down communications with coaches from various programs. This past weekend, Munoz finally made his Miami official visit with the intentions to sign with the Canes next week, and felt his trip exceeded expectations.

“The visit was great and the stay at the Ritz was incredible,” Munoz said. “They really made us feel welcome - even had a cake waiting for me in my room decorated with the turnover chain. Played some Madden and spent some time with some of the players. It was great.”

On the visit, Munoz was hosted by a familiar face dating back a few years ago to the start of his time at St. Thomas.

“My host was Michael Irvin II,” Munoz said. “Really good person, we were at STA together.”

Munoz made the trip with his entire family and actually moved the visit up a week so his mother could attend with him. His parents, Munoz said, enjoyed their time in Coral Gables.

“Oh man, they loved it,” Munoz said of his parents. “It was the only official visit we've done, so the whole experience was new for all of us.

The official visit weekend was Miami’s largest of the cycle and also included targets such as Derick Hunter, Kaiir Elam, John Dixon, and Justin Eboigbe among others. When asked how the other recruits in attendance were feeling the visit, Munoz said he wasn’t sure and said his trip focused more on his experience.

“I really spent most of my time with the coaches, my family and Anthony Solomon,” Munoz said.

Solomon is Munoz’s STA teammate on the Raiders’ defense and they had planned on attending college together for months now. However, Solomon has been wavering lately and many expect him to flip his commitment to Michigan soon. So, which way did Solomon seem to be leaning when on the visit?

“I really don't know, but I hope (he stays),” Munoz said. “We've been cool for a long time now. We were looking forward to going to the U together, so I'm hoping he stays.”

Munoz left Miami’s campus with the idea that the U is family and felt the relationships at the school are tried and true.

“I can say I got to see the great relationship all the coaches have with each other,” Munoz said. “I knew it was a great place already, but it really felt like family this weekend.”

**When asked about Manny Diaz’s departure, Munoz had no comment on the situation.

Advertisement
St. Thomas Aquinas DT Jason Munoz has been a Miami Hurricane commitment since June and, ever since, has absolutely been one of the most solid commits in the 2019 class. Munoz has taken no visits to other schools and has shut down communications with coaches from various programs. This past weekend, Munoz finally made his Miami official visit with the intentions to sign with the Canes next week, and felt his trip exceeded expectations.

“The visit was great and the stay at the Ritz was incredible,” Munoz said. “They really made us feel welcome - even had a cake waiting for me in my room decorated with the turnover chain. Played some Madden and spent some time with some of the players. It was great.”

On the visit, Munoz was hosted by a familiar face dating back a few years ago to the start of his time at St. Thomas.

“My host was Michael Irvin II,” Munoz said. “Really good person, we were at STA together.”

Munoz made the trip with his entire family and actually moved the visit up a week so his mother could attend with him. His parents, Munoz said, enjoyed their time in Coral Gables.

“Oh man, they loved it,” Munoz said of his parents. “It was the only official visit we've done, so the whole experience was new for all of us.

The official visit weekend was Miami’s largest of the cycle and also included targets such as Derick Hunter, Kaiir Elam, John Dixon, and Justin Eboigbe among others. When asked how the other recruits in attendance were feeling the visit, Munoz said he wasn’t sure and said his trip focused more on his experience.

“I really spent most of my time with the coaches, my family and Anthony Solomon,” Munoz said.

Solomon is Munoz’s STA teammate on the Raiders’ defense and they had planned on attending college together for months now. However, Solomon has been wavering lately and many expect him to flip his commitment to Michigan soon. So, which way did Solomon seem to be leaning when on the visit?

“I really don't know, but I hope (he stays),” Munoz said. “We've been cool for a long time now. We were looking forward to going to the U together, so I'm hoping he stays.”

Munoz left Miami’s campus with the idea that the U is family and felt the relationships at the school are tried and true.

“I can say I got to see the great relationship all the coaches have with each other,” Munoz said. “I knew it was a great place already, but it really felt like family this weekend.”

**When asked about Manny Diaz’s departure, Munoz had no comment on the situation.

FBAFB191-FE65-46A3-818C-F54F47463E60.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back