Miami down to a #3

Advertisement
Pretty much what I expected. Have to burn through the ACC tourney like a raging case of ghonorrea to get higher

I realize these are all projections but how come Miami is never put in the South in these projections?

The outright season champion of the ACC, which I am certain we will be with a win sat, does not deserve to be lower than a 2.

If our jersey said UNC or Duke they'd still be arguing a 1.

Advertisement
The outright season champion of the ACC, which I am certain we will be with a win sat, does not deserve to be lower than a 2.

Thats a given. It is what it is though. We've lost 3 of our last 4. Just win and change their minds

But our jersey doesn't say Duke or UNC, so we're going to have to beat Clemson and at least make the ACCT finals to get a #2 or higher.

Can't really be worried about this stuff. Just beat Clemson.

Advertisement
I dont mind being a #3 but we need to find our way out of the midwest bracket. I know it's down the road, but a match-up against Indiana in Indianapolis is the toughest game in the whole tournament.

Thats a given. It is what it is though. We've lost 3 of our last 4. Just win and change their minds

There are at least 2 games left, if we decide to win 4 then the sky is the limit.

Remember Georgetown lost and if we win the ACC tourney that means Duke lost too.

We need to beat Clemson and then UNC needs to beat Duke on Saturday night. It's the best of both worlds.

What's the difference really???

You have to win your games to progress to the final four. At some point, they will have to beat a team that is highly ranked. Aside from the first round, isnt it all neutral site??

Advertisement
What's the difference really???

You have to win your games to progress to the final four. At some point, they will have to beat a team that is highly ranked. Aside from the first round, isnt it all neutral site??

The difference is there is a chance I can see them play. 15/16 seed, not much of a difference. 14th seed, there is a little bit of a difference. But it is true, you have to beat someone ranked #1/#2 usually.

This year could be a weird year though, could be a lot more upsets. The fact that the top 5 is a re-shuffle every week, the fact that nobody wants to be the #1, wouldn't surprise me if there are no REAL elite teams and just a contest of who is HOT at the right time of the year and who is healthy. The fact that is is no overpowering 1 seed makes me feel that anyone in the top 15 has a real chance of winning (if they get hot and stay healthy).

When Miami is HOT we're def up there with the best.

I dont mind being a #3 but we need to find our way out of the midwest bracket. I know it's down the road, but a match-up against Indiana in Indianapolis is the toughest game in the whole tournament.

This isn't official, we could be in the east bracket in the end. Indiana may not be in the Midwest bracket either. Let's hope for the east bracket though so I can watch.

Advertisement
This tired team with a couple of under achievers aren't going to win the ACC tournament.

Might as well exit in semis, get rested and prepare for the tourney!!

A deeper run in the tourney will bring more recruits than winning ACC tournament especially if we wrap up the regular season title (pseudo)

This isn't official, we could be in the east bracket in the end. Indiana may not be in the Midwest bracket either. Let's hope for the east bracket though so I can watch.

No way... need them in Austin the first weekend and in the South bracket to see them in Arlington/Dallas...

It time for style points now. If we lose or eek out a win this Saturday, then we will drop to #4 or even 5. Just blow out Clemson. I don't care what we do with the ACC tourney.
\
It is a drag on our ability to go deep in the NCAA. Every extra day of rest after Saturday will be cruicial for our team..

Advertisement
Back