Miami Depth Chart vs UNC

Did Donaldson play LG and RG last week? I only remember seeing him at LG.

Just curious because they have him behind Scaife now.

Advertisement
This is the tenth depth chart that's been put out this season.

Apparently some of you have not been paying attention too closely.

Go back and look at some of the previous games’ depth charts, and then review the stat line afterwards for those games.

The only thing I'm taking from it is I like harley at punt returner. He had that nice one last week even though there was a penalty but he caught the ball and had a good return. Be crazy with all the punt return trouble we've had if he housed one!

Advertisement
I was going to say the same thing. Blades being listed shows the chart is meaningless.

What does stand out to me is QWilliams and Blissett being 260. If those weights are true, they should be DEs. Blissett has struggled to keep on weight in his first 2 years, so why keep fighting it? Let him play SDE, help the run game on early downs and then if you want, kick him inside on subpackages. All our DEs don't have to be in the <260. Phillips is playing at that weight and Blissett seemed pretty athletic coming in. Having a few who can set the edge and win with power might be a good thing.

Because Blissett seems to be ok at 3 tech. He plays i guess you guys dont see it. But he is in the sub package typically earlier in the games and looks to be solid. Williams is close to 265 as well. Blissett had 3 tackles against Clemson.

I think Elijah is the one that could stay outside at the strong side end.

Why keep Blades on the depth chart if he can't play?
JEDI MIND TRICK
1607750689533.gif

1607750741315.gif

Because Blissett seems to be ok at 3 tech. He plays i guess you guys dont see it. But he is in the sub package typically earlier in the games and looks to be solid. Williams is close to 265 as well. Blissett had 3 tackles against Clemson.

ive see him and he looked thin for inside. I’m just saying we are losing 3 DEs and he’s perfect size for SDE why not keep him there instead of trying to pack on weight.

Elijah is already 13 pounds heavier and appears to have the frame to carry much more.

ive see him and he looked thin for inside. I’m just saying we are losing 3 DEs and he’s perfect size for SDE why not keep him there instead of trying to pack on weight.

Elijah is already 13 pounds heavier and appears to have the frame to carry much more.
Because right now he might be one of the better pass rushers at the 3 im guessing. And we have a glutten of guys that needs reps at DE. rOCHE AND phillips shouldnt ocme off the field much imo...Harvey eats..Cam. **** i havent seen Joyner play at all.

I get it though...His quick twitch might not be enough of whta they want or something..but we could definately use an edge setting type like him on early downs at END

Advertisement

Blisset has been getting those sup package reps. I’ve noticed that also. I definitely think Robert’s grows into that 3 tech. Willis to Nesta to Elijah

Because right now he might be one of the better pass rushers at the 3 im guessing. And we have a glutten of guys that needs reps at DE. rOCHE AND phillips shouldnt ocme off the field much imo...Harvey eats..Cam. **** i havent seen Joyner play at all.

I get it though...His quick twitch might not be enough of whta they want or something..but we could definately use an edge setting type like him on early downs at END

I can understand that - he probably is one of the twitchiest guys inside with JHH......and that's why i did mention kicking him inside in subpackages to take advantage, something we did last year with GR15 and have recently with Phillips on the overload sets i have been screaming for all season.

I just like using hybrid guys to their max potential and not "forcing" guys into a system or position that doesn't fit 100%. It's always been a pet peeve when coaching force guys vs tweaking things to maximize potential.

Advertisement
Isnt it senior day or senior sendoff week or something?? Im sure its just a courtesy to start.

Advertisement
Back