Miami Defense

Don’t have to play press man to tighten these country C3 windows. Wish he played more rip/liz C3 which will match routes and close windows. The nickel always aligns to field too, even with formation in boundary. Not a fan of that, but all that matters is getting the W.
 
Need Fitzgerald back at his natural spot

The LB’s were outrageously good tonight, chase smith in particular was a beast. He’s taken a lot of crap from this board, but dude balled out tonight.
I admit I've been critical of him and toure but they shut my *** the **** up last night props to them.
 
Don’t have to play press man to tighten these country C3 windows. Wish he played more rip/liz C3 which will match routes and close windows. The nickel always aligns to field too, even with formation in boundary. Not a fan of that, but all that matters is getting the W.

Do we play any match coverage under Heatherman? I feel like it’s all spot drops
 
I think it’s safe to say the brown experiment at corner is over. Seems like he got benched for Dylan day. We really need to start getting healthy cause if O’Conner is out, that’s your top 4 corners and I don’t care what anyone says, that is not sustainable over the season even in the ACC
Would like to see him try safety.
 
Only on CIS where our team leads the nation is scoring defense and offense, yet we still complain about the players and second guess coaches.
@DMoney could help us out and have someone explain that Hetherman purposely does give up dink and dunk passes under our zone until he cranks it up in the red zone. people act like he's getting out-schemed or something but that's his MO. we make teams drive it on us and rely on one of our guys making a play to end drives. seems to work well.
 
Then the second we consistently play press man with our FS and 6th string CB against those NFL WRs last night and get beat for 6 then the tears and complaints would be stronger.

They scored 1 TD. Again, Hetherman knows what he is doing. The people complaining in the game thread saying they don’t like his scheme/style from their couch, don’t.
You mean this isn’t a video game where I can control the sliders, difficulty, and run press man every single play? lol
 
I only want to see Thorton blitzing ..in coverage he’s bbq chicken lol ..did anybody notice Damari Brown got benched after he gave up that 3rd down catch
I think it’s safe to say the brown experiment at corner is over. Seems like he got benched for Dylan day. We really need to start getting healthy cause if O’Conner is out, that’s your top 4 corners and I don’t care what anyone says, that is not sustainable over the season even in the ACC
Not a dominating performance, but a very good performance overall considering all the injuries. I would have liked to have seen our 3rd down defense do better. Clemson ended up 8-18 on 3rd down conversions, but they were around 50% all game until the 4th qtr. A handful of those 3rd down conversions were 3rd and very long.

Tackling was so-so. Feel like we were aggressive and swarming to the ball, but missed a lot of open field tackles and easy sacks on the qb. Clemson had to work for everything. If we missed a tackle, usually had another defender right there so yards were tough to come by. D-line was unblockable by the 4th qtr.

Overall, happy with the performance. We need our starters back in a bad way and this defense can be borderline elite.
I actually like what they’re doing with the secondary. Day and Mack getting burn, Poyser moving to nickel, Omar going back to safety. They’re clearly moving pieces around trying to find the right combination.

For the most part, I thought the DBs balled. O’Connor missed some tackles and Bryce gave up a few catches, but that **** happens. Day and Mack got their opportunities and handled business.

Omar is the one that worries me. It feels like he’s getting juked **** near 70% of the time he’s isolated one on one this year. At some point, you can’t keep giving those plays away.

That’s why I’m at the point where JJ needs to be on the field. I’m taking JJ over Omar right now, and I want JJ getting the majority of those snaps. Every time that kid gets an opportunity, he flashes. Let him loose and see what you really have.

And can we PLEASE start sending these DBs straight up the **** middle sometimes? Every DB blitz doesn’t have to come screaming off the edge. Send JJ or Poyser through a gap and let that speed hit the QB right in his face. Make the offense worry about pressure coming from everywhere.
 
I actually like what they’re doing with the secondary. Day and Mack getting burn, Poyser moving to nickel, Omar going back to safety. They’re clearly moving pieces around trying to find the right combination.

For the most part, I thought the DBs balled. O’Connor missed some tackles and Bryce gave up a few catches, but that **** happens. Day and Mack got their opportunities and handled business.

Omar is the one that worries me. It feels like he’s getting juked **** near 70% of the time he’s isolated one on one this year. At some point, you can’t keep giving those plays away.

That’s why I’m at the point where JJ needs to be on the field. I’m taking JJ over Omar right now, and I want JJ getting the majority of those snaps. Every time that kid gets an opportunity, he flashes. Let him loose and see what you really have.

And can we PLEASE start sending these DBs straight up the **** middle sometimes? Every DB blitz doesn’t have to come screaming off the edge. Send JJ or Poyser through a gap and let that speed hit the QB right in his face. Make the offense worry about pressure coming from everywhere.
Yeah I was confused as to why I didn’t see JJ more because he started last game
 
We get lost in coverage way to easy though man🤦🏾‍♂️
It’s pretty clear Fitzgerald isn’t a corner. Not ****ting on the kid, but he was being abused out there. He’s just forced into it with all the injuries.

Felt like Hetherman is ok playing soft coverage and waiting for the field to condense or get in advantageous third down situations. Get the DBs healthy and I think it’ll change. And once that happens, we can move guys like Fitz back into their normal positions. Fixing some of these issues. Sure S depth hasn’t been bit yet by the injuries but forcing them to fill at CB is impacting hoe they can play the deep half.
Correct about Heatherman game theory . And it works.
I agree. It’s not like he forgot how to call a defense. But the fact he’s dealt with so many injuries and new bodies on the team and we haven’t just fallen off a cliff is absurd.
 
Hetherman and the position coaches are doing a great job getting guys ready for bigger roles. Should pay dividends as we hopefully get healthy
 
Back
Top