Miami could play Florida in 2019 in Charleston, SC.

Advertisement
I think Miami should play Florida every year in the non-conference schedule. I am not sure why Miami does not play in the Orange Bowl Classic every year.

https://caneswarning.com/2018/10/23/miami-hurricanes-florida-meet-2019-charleston-classic/

Because Miami doesn't run the OB Classic. When Miami is invited, we get some garbage *** opponent, while UF usually comes down and plays someone worth a ****. Florida will never play Miami on a yearly basis, especially if Miami insists on playing a true home and home. UF used to try to schedule their trips to Coral Gables over the Thanksgiving or Winter Breaks, when the majority of the Miami student body is gone. They wanted a glorified home game, and Miami wasn't going to go for that(No school would) Note that Miami didn't have a problem going up to Gainesville whenever.

Because Miami doesn't run the OB Classic. When Miami is invited, we get some garbage *** opponent, while UF usually comes down and plays someone worth a ****. Florida will never play Miami on a yearly basis, especially if Miami insists on playing a true home and home. UF used to try to schedule their trips to Coral Gables over the Thanksgiving or Winter Breaks, when the majority of the Miami student body is gone. They wanted a glorified home game, and Miami wasn't going to go for that(No school would) Note that Miami didn't have a problem going up to Gainesville whenever.

Playing in the OB Classic would give Miami a neutral site game with an opportunity of a home game feel. It is about growing the fanbase more than anything else. That is also why it is good to play in the Hoophall Classic in Miami.
I understand your opinion about a quality opponent as our non-conference schedule is far from impressive. I would rather the Canes play FAU, FIU, USF, UCF, FGCU and UNF as the weakest opponents on the non-conference schedule then add four games in recruiting territories (UCONN-Northeast, St Johns-NYC, Temple or Villanova-Philadelphia, Georgetown or Maryland-DC) with a quality top ten opponent like Kansas along with UF.
I have never known why scheduling non-conference games are so difficult. I guess you are right about the home and home series.

Advertisement
Back