Miami coaches to visit Zach Dykstra tonight

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Miami offensive line commit Zach Dykstra told CanesInSight that he will receive an in-home visit from Mark Richt, Stacy Searels, and Jon Richt tonight at his home in Iowa.

Dykstra also said that he does not have in-home visits set up with any other school as of now. He is an early enrollee.

Advertisement
Welp..this should end any speculation that he is being pushed out. Richt going to see him personally

The less Kehoe OL we have on the roster the better

I would have no problem pushing the majority of them out

Advertisement
Not enough spots for Telfort and Herbert if Dykstra and the Gaynor kid come along...

Gaynor is a center.

Again, for the millionth time on this board...Miami does not want Telfort. I'm not saying I agree with it, but unless they change their minds late, it is not happening.

Peter,

how do they feel about Dykstra? it seems they see something this board doesnt.

Not enough spots for Telfort and Herbert if Dykstra and the Gaynor kid come along...

**** says who?

You're right, actually. I thought we had more OL committed at this juncture but it's early in the morning after a Saturday night...

Herbert Telfort Dykstra Gaynor Donaldson and Hillery would be 6 which is probably the most the coaches would take. But that would be a heckuva haul.

Gaynor is a center.

Again, for the millionth time on this board...Miami does not want Telfort. I'm not saying I agree with it, but unless they change their minds late, it is not happening.

WOul dbe surprised if Telfort makes it in college...unless they did some wonderful thing s over there at Booker T

Advertisement

Gaynor is a center.

I see Gaynor as a center to. Which wont be half bad getting one this class and Scaife next class.

I would take Slaton over Telfort..and they seem to have Bateman and maybe even the new offer from Ohio above telfort.

I'm not in panic mode because-
1. I think we've improved the existing
2. then there's Brown and Johnson (from 2016).
3. Donaldson who I'd have no problem starting next year.
4. Hillery who is big and athletic. Dykstra coming in early (RS candidate)
5. Then there are a few prospects remaining that the staff in on previously mentioned in other posts. I say we get at least 2 more.

Advertisement

Gaynor is a center.

WOul dbe surprised if Telfort makes it in college...unless they did some wonderful thing s over there at Booker T
You do this every year, LOL.

Advertisement
Dykstra is a good powerful kid that will move ACC bodies. Iowa has been relevant only because of their OL's. Judge the state on the OL's in the league. Need to make sure this kid comes in early so the rest of the staff can camp out on Donaldsons porch for the next 2 months.

Gaynor is a center.

Telfort is not a natural knee bender and thus would have to be a guard as speed rushers can beat him as he plays high most of the time. I read where he cannot get that low as a guard for the running game. His Nike numbers were impressive 6-7 and 300 with a 4.92 short shuttle but that does not tell the whole story.

Last edited:
Dykstra is a good powerful kid that will move ACC bodies. Iowa has been relevant only because of their OL's. Judge the state on the OL's in the league. Need to make sure this kid comes in early so the rest of the staff can camp out on Donaldsons porch for the next 2 months.

Dykstra is a 6-6/290+ natural kid that has not done much if any weight training. This is evidenced by a bench of 255 at the beginning of this HS season. Once in a S&C program he will fill out nicely and probably be 310 in weight or better. He is raw physically now but with this S&C staff that can be changed.

Advertisement
Back