Miami basketball sucks.

Advertisement
Need to hire Anthony Grant and call it a day.

What?

How did he do at Bama? Dude sucks. I can't even imagine the meltdown if he had this HC record at Miami:

2009–10Alabama17–156–10T–4th (West)
2010–11Alabama25–1212–41st (West)NIT Runner–up
2011–12Alabama21–129–75thNCAA Division I Round of 64
2012–13Alabama23–1312–6T–2ndNIT Quarterfinal
2013–14Alabama13–197–11T–10th
2014–15Alabama18–148–10T–8thNIT Second Round*
Alabama:117–85 (.579)54–48 (.529)
2017–18Dayton14–178–109th
2018–19Dayton21–1213-53rdNIT First Round

Miami will still win between 18 and 20 games this season. Miami Hurricanes Men's basketball does not suck, it is just mismanaged.

This years team is literally two good bigs away from being undefeated. Missing on Vernon Carey Jr was a tremendous loss compounded by the fact Caoch L did not use those two available scholarships on grad transfer bigs. Coach L's decision to start Sam and Rodney are literally holding the basketball program back. Add to the fact that Nysier Brooks is sitting out this season when he is a Rodney Miller clone does not help.

I have yet to figure out why Coach L changed from his most successful blueprint at Miami. The 2012-13 team had multiple bigs who could defend and rebound, big wings who could shot and defend and a point guard who could create shots and make shots. That team had plenty of depth as they used all 13 scholarships (if I am not mistaken).

The ball screen offense is ok but it is not attractive to big men who want to get the ball on the low block nor any big in the top 50 who has an offensive game.

The problems with the men's basketball team are easily fixable if the basketball coach would change his ways and get back to what made him successful at Miami.

Fans at Miami want and will support a consistent winner. A consistent winner of 20 plus games every year. It does not take three years to have one really good team anymore. That is an outdated philosophy that does not work at this level.

Brooks, if healthy, is way better than Miller. He's a legit ACC starting C. I agree that not having an eligible ACC big really makes this a flawed team.

Next year should be much better, given the experience and athletes we'll have. I don't know if that means we'll be able to sustain anything, but there's no reason not to be back in the tourney next year, regardless of how this season plays out

Advertisement
I read a statement in a Twitter article I read from one of the UM sites I follow (might even have been this one). On the state of UM athletics since the Butch Davis era. What it said was that Coach L actually had to email in his Wiki page to Blake James to be considered for the UM job. The writer said Blake had never heard of him.

I mean, if that is true ...
Not true. Blake was also not the AD, Shawn Eichorst was. Coach L did send in his Wikipedia page in as he didn't have a resume.

Advertisement
Back