Miami basketball PSA

CFLCane

Junior
Banned
Screenshot_20230208_105924_Chrome.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Our home court advantage is legit when we pack it out. Hope to see a big crowd cuz I really hate Louisville basketball

Yeah, nice to see our guys finally get to benefit from a loud home arena full of rabid fans. That's the kind of atmosphere we get to play against on the road but rarely duplicate at home. You could tell by the players' remarks that it made a huge difference in boosting their intensity from the get-go against Duke.

There are an absolute boatload of tickets still available. Hope some of our bandwagon fans decide to show up.
We'll know we've made it attendance-wise, when bandwagon fans are unable to get a ticket.

Is UM still claiming every game is "sold out." I'm still trying to get my head around their definition of a sell out. No way half the arena - or more - are "no shows" if the games are truly sold out. Which is what you'd have to believe if you buy that explanation.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Thanks.

On the chance you might know .... are there a certain number of seats "reserved" for students and, if so, is that number constant, regardless of opponent?
That's a little more unclear. I think there are about 1,500 seats "reserved" for the students (between the main 2 sections behind the home bench side and the GA, which used to be paid seating), but I've seen some games where there's overflow student attendance into some of the upper corner sections. Just as recently as the Duke game, Miami announced that about 1,900 students attended, which is the 3rd most in program history.

Advertisement
That's a little more unclear. I think there are about 1,500 seats "reserved" for the students (between the main 2 sections behind the home bench side and the GA, which used to be paid seating), but I've seen some games where there's overflow student attendance into some of the upper corner sections. Just as recently as the Duke game, Miami announced that about 1,900 students attended, which is the 3rd most in program history.
Thanks.

1900 students, whether they walked over to the Watsco from their dorms, or drove from home, is an impressive turnout! With the capacity listed at 7,972, that means about 25% of the arena's seats were occupied by students for the Duke game.

The other roughly 5-6,000 seats must've been bought by the public at large. Again, makes the point that student turnout is never gonna be the primary driver for a sold-out arena.

We'll know we've made it attendance-wise, when bandwagon fans are unable to get a ticket.

Is UM still claiming every game is "sold out." I'm still trying to get my head around their definition of a sell out. No way half the arena - or more - are "no shows" if the games are truly sold out. Which is what you'd have to believe if you buy that explanation.

I'd say about 25%~ of the seats are available on Hurricane Sports for tonight right now, so no, they are not claiming all games are sold out. They are promoting ticket sales.

I had planned to go, but I am legit sick as a mangy dawg. It would have been my 4th live game this year.

Advertisement
Back