Miami Baseball Team Batting and ERA Rankings (cringe)

Gooner#44

Recruit
Banned
The Miami Baseball team is #144 in the nation in Team Batting Average

The Miami Baseball team is #131 in the nation in Team ERA

For reference to an actual CONTENDER Vandy is #6 in ERA and #8 in BA.

Advertisement

no worries. everything is fine.

1618240640010.png

That’s wild. I posted similar numbers a month ago and was told it didn’t matter bc we were better than that and the sample size was too small.

Kinda sad that guy is no longer around to see how wrong he was. Again.
Unfortunately that is who we are this season. We were severely over-ranked to start out. Hopefully this last recruiting class pans out and we add add few more elite classes the next 2 years but right now we appear to be a long ways from Omaha for the foreseeable future.

Advertisement
That’s wild. I posted similar numbers a month ago and was told it didn’t matter bc we were better than that and the sample size was too small.

Kinda sad that guy is no longer around to see how wrong he was. Again.
Oh he’ll be back next season. Don’t you worry about that. This board is much better without him, but it really is funny how he reappears every year at beginning of season

Unfortunately that is who we are this season. We were severely over-ranked to start out. Hopefully this last recruiting class pans out and we add add few more elite classes the next 2 years but right now we appear to be a long ways from Omaha for the foreseeable future.
Thoughts on Gino?. You know I have been against the hire from start, but if I recall you weren’t as against him as I was. Anything change on that front? I know he can recruit with the best of him, but development and fundamental baseball is non existent

Thoughts on Gino?. You know I have been against the hire from start, but if I recall you weren’t as against him as I was. Anything change on that front? I know he can recruit with the best of him, but development and fundamental baseball is non existent
I would trade him and my first born for Lovelady today. I did think he was slight upgrade from Morris but yeah, he's not the one IMO either.

Last edited:
I would trade him and my first born for Lovelady today. I did think he was slight upgrade from Morris but yeah, he's not the on IMO either.
I wanted Lovelady as well. Has the shine worn off on him as of late though. He’s been good, but for some reason I expected him to really light the world on fire at UcF

Advertisement

I came away from this past series with the understanding that they simply don't have enough talent. Not enough hitting, not enough pitching and not enough coaching. I mean Pitt put in relievers that have barely pitched and they shut us down for 3 innings. Pitelli never hit 300 in high school but he is on par with half the guys in our lineup. Our worst hitters are at the top and in the middle of the lineup and our we have guys hitting over 300 in the 9th spot. There is a dynamic that rules in baseball... Do your top pitcher have the ability to consistently shut down good hitters and ours dont. Can your top hitters consistently barrel up balls against good pitchers and ours don't. We can bash weak pitchers and we can shut down avg hitters but outside of that we struggle at a rate that says this team aint going anywhere. If Palmquist isnt moved a starter this week the coaches should be fired.

Idk what some of you guys are watching but we have more talent that 90% of teams in America. We have 2 guys who throw mid 90s starting for us. They’re freshman so you take the good with the bad. Palmquist is the best closer in America. ADC is a top 10 pick. Yoyo is a big leaguer. Vilar and CDC are all conference guys. Toral was that good, he fell off. Gil can be that good. Pitelli wasn’t expected to start but earned it. Lala is having a rough year.

Every team we’ve played outside of FSU and UF would trade rosters with us in a heartbeat. And yes they’d still beat Gino with our guys.

The bullpen fiasco and the lack of wanting to be there is on the coaches. It’s the same issues the football team has had for 15 years. The people making the decisions aren’t good enough.

Advertisement
Idk what some of you guys are watching but we have more talent that 90% of teams in America. We have 2 guys who throw mid 90s starting for us. They’re freshman so you take the good with the bad. Palmquist is the best closer in America. ADC is a top 10 pick. Yoyo is a big leaguer. Vilar and CDC are all conference guys. Toral was that good, he fell off. Gil can be that good. Pitelli wasn’t expected to start but earned it. Lala is having a rough year.

Every team we’ve played outside of FSU and UF would trade rosters with us in a heartbeat. And yes they’d still beat Gino with our guys.

The bullpen fiasco and the lack of wanting to be there is on the coaches. It’s the same issues the football team has had for 15 years. The people making the decisions aren’t good enough.
Bingo. The talent argument is probably the worst of all excuses I have seen over last 15 years

it’s not a talent argument, it’s a lack of teaching the fundamentals and development argument that has dated back to mid to late Morris years

We have far better talent than our rankings results for sure, but we are not super talented. Our rotation last year was so much better than this year it's not even close. Maybe 2 of our guys start at Vandy at best.

Palm is the real deal, love the kid but I don't know if you guys have seen Miss Sts Sims throw. For all Palm has done Sims is a better closer and a 1st Round MLB lock.

I expected this team to RAKE and score runs in bunches but Lala tries to walk or get hit every ab and swings the bat like it weighs 15 pounds when he does, Toral and Gil have regressed greatly, Gates got hurt. ADC,CDC, Vilar and YoYo have been solid enough but teams know a soft throwing speed changing pitcher is bad news for this lineup.

But the coaching is bad, real bad, and seems to be getting worse as Gino's tenure goes on.

We have far better talent than our rankings results for sure, but we are not super talented. Our rotation last year was so much better than this year it's not even close. Maybe 2 of our guys start at Vandy at best.

Palm is the real deal, love the kid but I don't know if you guys have seen Miss Sts Sims throw. For all Palm has done Sims is a better closer and a 1st Round MLB lock.

I expected this team to RAKE and score runs in bunches but Lala tries to walk or get hit every ab and swings the bat like it weighs 15 pounds when he does, Toral and Gil have regressed greatly, Gates got hurt. ADC,CDC, Vilar and YoYo have been solid enough but teams know a soft throwing speed changing pitcher is bad news for this lineup.

But the coaching is bad, real bad, and seems to be getting worse as Gino's tenure goes on.
I said the teams we’ve played would trade rosters. I never said anything about Vandy and Miss St etc. And saying Palm isn’t as good as a 1st round lock isn’t exactly a slight on him. Nobody is asking for us to have Vandy’s talent. We’re simply asking to play somewhere close to the talent we have. And we aren’t bc like you said, the coaching is awful.

Advertisement
I said the teams we’ve played would trade rosters. I never said anything about Vandy and Miss St etc. And saying Palm isn’t as good as a 1st round lock isn’t exactly a slight on him. Nobody is asking for us to have Vandy’s talent. We’re simply asking to play somewhere close to the talent we have. And we aren’t bc like you said, the coaching is awful.
That was more in response to your "best closer in America" quote not a slight on Carson at all, he's a stud for sure. Overall talent we are better than those rankings, we should be Top 50 in both those categories. We are not so talented that any elite coach would take us to the CWS, especially SP wise, but we **** sure should not be seeing the Pitt/VT/FSU weekends either.

The coaching is subpar at best, the only good thig they have done is recruit well, but who can't at Miami?

That was more in response to your "best closer in America" quote not a slight on Carson at all, he's a stud for sure. Overall talent we are better than those rankings, we should be Top 50 in both those categories. We are not so talented that any elite coach would take us to the CWS, especially SP wise, but we **** sure should not be seeing the Pitt/VT/FSU weekends either.

The coaching is subpar at best, the only good thig they have done is recruit well, but who can't at Miami?
Correct, he might not be the best pro prospect, but if Palm continues to do what he’s doing he will win Stopped of the year. Which is what I’m referring to.

Correct, he might not be the best pro prospect, but if Palm continues to do what he’s doing he will win Stopped of the year. Which is what I’m referring to.
He might, it's not a lock. Truth be told we are wasting him, MSU lets Sims go 4 innings vs teams like Texas and he K's 10. We may want to start Palm on a Friday night and let Rosario and Mederos go Sat-Sun. We just went a whole weekend with our BY FAR best pitcher never throwing a pitch when we we were even or ahead. We are wasting him IMO.

Add Uf last season to that list

Advertisement
Back