Miami Baseball Season Preview

View as article
Based on this conversation, what's shaken out so far, and the talent we have on the overall pitching staff, I think we can cobble together a solid 9 innings of pitching with just about anyone. As usual, it's the offense I'm concerned about. We can't lose these 1-0 or 2-1 type of ballgames just because we can't scratch runs across when the opportunities present themselves. If recent history is any indicator, we can't rely on the longball to bail us out of tight situations either. So...the pressure is on DiMare and the rest of the offensive coaches to find a lineup that can get us more than 1 or 2 runs in support of our pitching performances. Station-to-station baseball is okay by me if it's the way for us to consistently score runs.

Advertisement
Based on this conversation, what's shaken out so far, and the talent we have on the overall pitching staff, I think we can cobble together a solid 9 innings of pitching with just about anyone. As usual, it's the offense I'm concerned about. We can't lose these 1-0 or 2-1 type of ballgames just because we can't scratch runs across when the opportunities present themselves. If recent history is any indicator, we can't rely on the longball to bail us out of tight situations either. So...the pressure is on DiMare and the rest of the offensive coaches to find a lineup that can get us more than 1 or 2 runs in support of our pitching performances. Station-to-station baseball is okay by me if it's the way for us to consistently score runs.

Agree with everything except your last sentence. I believe DiMare will be very aggressive on the base-paths as we'll need to take some chances and pressure the defense, because we won't hit many 3 run homers and we still strike out too much.

Advertisement
Back