Miami Baseball Commits in the MLB Draft

hasena75

Junior
Out of the top 14 picks in this years MLB Draft 3 of them were committed to play for Miami.

1. Carlos Correa
6. Albert Almora
14. Nick Travieso

Wow. Talk about putting a dent in recruiting.

Advertisement
but lets keep blaming Morris. We get ravaged by the draft every year..
but his own ******* fault for continually using these kids as the centerpieces of his recruiting classes

when you know you have a kid who is going to get drafted top 5 or 10.........dont even bother

just move the fck on to plan b

Advertisement
Bummer. At least we know that top-flight prospects want to come here.
no they dont

if they did......they wouldnt sign once they got drafted

Correct. The highest draft pick that has ever come to UM during Morris' tenure was Jemile Weeks, an 8th rounder. These first round kids "sign" with Miami to get leverage in their MLB contract negotiations and nothing more. And Morris uses it as excuse that we are getting "killed in the draft." After almost 20 years of doing this, he knows these kids aren't coming.

Bummer. At least we know that top-flight prospects want to come here.
no they dont

if they did......they wouldnt sign once they got drafted

Correct. The highest draft pick that has ever come to UM during Morris' tenure was Jemile Weeks, an 8th rounder. These first round kids "sign" with Miami to get leverage in their MLB contract negotiations and nothing more. And Morris uses it as excuse that we are getting "killed in the draft." After almost 20 years of doing this, he knows these kids aren't coming.
actually the sad part is that he doesnt seem to realize yet that they arent coming........if he did........he may have figured out that he needs to formulate a plan b......yet he never seems to have one

but as i post this......hes gassing up his "draft is killing us" machine so he can use it to try and justify next years failures

Walker Weickle I think has a chance to end up here. He got taken later than expected.

Advertisement
I dont think the other 4 make it. Maybe Barnum. But if the basically the rest of the class goes to UM wed be well off. This is a loaded loaded class for us. With our luck at least 10 will go pro.

barnum went higher than i think most thought he would

i love barnum and hope to **** he comes but id expect we lose all 5 that were picked yesterday

Advertisement
Walker Weickle I think has a chance to end up here. He got taken later than expected.

Probably won't make it. Slot money for the 55th pick is 925k, after 3 years in college, chances are slim he will go higher. Obviously there is a chance, but the probability is low. Plus, the teams seem to be shifting to more HS players in the early rounds, as opposed to college kids. His drafting potential is probably at his highest right now. Three years in a MLB system isn't even close to 3 years in a college system. My son would be gone.

but his own ******* fault for continually using these kids as the centerpieces of his recruiting classes

when you know you have a kid who is going to get drafted top 5 or 10.........dont even bother

so your saying we shouldnt go after the best kids in baseball? we should recruit the kids who just ok enough to play baseball in college? yea, makes sense.

Advertisement

so your saying we shouldnt go after the best kids in baseball? we should recruit the kids who just ok enough to play baseball in college? yea, makes sense.
what im saying is that if you know a kid is a going to be a top pick.......not to bother because you arent getting him anyway

focus your efforts on the kids who arent going to be drafted as high.....but that have upside and can become a top pick after 3 years in your program

and looking at what TC said above.....since morris has been here.....the highest drafted HS kid hes had come to campus was weeks.....who was drafted in the 8th round

id say weeks was pretty **** good college ball player......as were guys like braun.....perez.......valencia....etc

considering that hes got a miserable track record of getting top picked recruits to come to campus.......its time to find a new recruiting strategy

so would you rather have a kid who is a decent baseball player with upside who actually makes it to campus and can help the program........or a kid who is a top talent in HS who is never going to help your program in anyway??

Disagree on Weickle. I live up there and have seen him pitch, and most ppl felt he was a for sure 1st rounder. Hes got alot of potential and could easily go higher in 3 years. Lets hope he doesnt really need the $ right away.

Disagree on Weickle. I live up there and have seen him pitch, and most ppl felt he was a for sure 1st rounder. Hes got alot of potential and could easily go higher in 3 years. Lets hope he doesnt really need the $ right away.
he wont improve much from 55......and if he gets hurt......he may not improve on that at all

so while its probably 50/50 that he comes.......hes got more to lose by coming to school

so i dont think we see him at all

Advertisement
Back