Miami at UF game 3

Just discouraging. We don't have a decent team in any major sport. Even FAU and FGCU are more competitive. We can forget about going toe to toe with UF, FSU, or (God help us!) UCF. It's just disgusting at this point. What the **** is this admins and BOT thinking about? Are they going to just eventually drop all athletic programs?

So angry at watching this pathetic, losing mess.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I stopped giving money to this athletic department last year. My kids are going to go my fiancee's alma mater (Texas) anyways so they'll be Longhorns

One positive I took from this is that Sosa proved he can be a pretty darn good pitcher.

I can't tell if some people are serious. This is college baseball. We lost a series away to a top 5 team in which both losses were by 1 run. It's the 2nd series of the year after we lost 2 pitchers who had been in the rotation for several years. Pitching looked very good this weekend, both starting and bullpen and we didn't even get to throw our ace. Our starting SS made his debut during the 2nd game. We struggled with timely hitting in game 1 but we did get 10 hits. Game 3 sucked at the plate, no way around that. We hit the ball hard at times but right at people. That's baseball. Are we going to jump off the ledge every time we lose a game? We play Wright St this weekend. A very good team coached by former Cane Greg Lovelady. They lost 2 of 3 to Ole Miss this weekend but they could have won game 3 and taken the series. Not a cupcake at all. I am just amazed that we lose a 2-1 game at UF and we suck. If you remember last year we took 2 of 3 from UF and guess what? UF got a national seed and we did not. That's because UF was breaking in a lot of guys last year and it was really early in the year. If we dropped 2 of 3 from UF this past weekend but we got out of it that Sosa and Woodrey can be starters, that Ryan Otero can join the bullpe, and that freshmen Lepore and Mediavilla can come in in big situations and hopefully take middle innings if we ever need it then great.

The scheule is brutal this year. At Louisville to open ACC, at UNC, at UVA, FSU and GT at home. And our "cupcake" series that we get before ACC play is a regional team who went toe to toe with an SEC team that went to Omaha last year, Wright St. We will definitely be battle tested. Everyone take a breath. This isn't college football where we just went from Rose Bowl to Carquest Bowl.

I am actually not upset. Yes, losing sucks but this team proved to me they can go to Omaha this year. Away against a top 5 team and our ace missed the start.

My one concern is the last 5 years we have faded down the stretch. Cant have that happen again.

Advertisement
I can't tell if some people are serious. This is college baseball. We lost a series away to a top 5 team in which both losses were by 1 run. It's the 2nd series of the year after we lost 2 pitchers who had been in the rotation for several years. Pitching looked very good this weekend, both starting and bullpen and we didn't even get to throw our ace. Our starting SS made his debut during the 2nd game. We struggled with timely hitting in game 1 but we did get 10 hits. Game 3 sucked at the plate, no way around that. We hit the ball hard at times but right at people. That's baseball. Are we going to jump off the ledge every time we lose a game? We play Wright St this weekend. A very good team coached by former Cane Greg Lovelady. They lost 2 of 3 to Ole Miss this weekend but they could have won game 3 and taken the series. Not a cupcake at all. I am just amazed that we lose a 2-1 game at UF and we suck. If you remember last year we took 2 of 3 from UF and guess what? UF got a national seed and we did not. That's because UF was breaking in a lot of guys last year and it was really early in the year. If we dropped 2 of 3 from UF this past weekend but we got out of it that Sosa and Woodrey can be starters, that Ryan Otero can join the bullpe, and that freshmen Lepore and Mediavilla can come in in big situations and hopefully take middle innings if we ever need it then great.

The scheule is brutal this year. At Louisville to open ACC, at UNC, at UVA, FSU and GT at home. And our "cupcake" series that we get before ACC play is a regional team who went toe to toe with an SEC team that went to Omaha last year, Wright St. We will definitely be battle tested. Everyone take a breath. This isn't college football where we just went from Rose Bowl to Carquest Bowl.

Second on the Wright State deal; I live near WSU and Lovelady looks to continue what another former 'Cane, Rob Cooper, has built into a solid program. 'Canes team needs to focus and play hard and not take this series lightly.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back